Youngs Fish cake

Dellyola

Hi I ve search the net and minimins with no success.

Can someone please advise how many syns in in a youngs extra large fish cake.

There is 216 cals per fish cake, I understand the rule 20cals = 1 syn but wasnt sure if there is any free food in it?

Thanks in advance.

Yes that's the ones. Thank you.
Do you know if there is free food in it and that's why it's only 6 x

The government have changed the way that manufacturers have to calculate and display calories so the 20 cals to 1 syn 'rule' no longer applies :) x

littleh said:
The government have changed the way that manufacturers have to calculate and display calories so the 20 cals to 1 syn 'rule' no longer applies :) x

Yeah, I've seen you say this on lots of threads now. Which legislation are you referring to? And do you know the SW official line on this? It might be worth starting a thread explaining this rather than commenting on *all* threads, maybe? The mods could make it a sticky?

It was released in January, calories have to be added for every gramm of fibre etc too, all packing has to have the new information by October. I'll find the Sw press release and add it, my consultant told me early in the year.

Is the press release not online? surely if this was released early in the year we would have heard about it by now?
the 20 cals - 1syn rule is so handy!

littleh said:
It was released in January, calories have to be added for every gramm of fibre etc too, all packing has to have the new information by October. I'll find the Sw press release and add it, my consultant told me early in the year.

My.consultant has said the same but I.didn't know the 20cal rule had changed, but never seen s press release. Would like to read it too!

I can understand the government changing legislation regarding display and including all cals on fat fibre etc but it doesn't change the TOTAL cals which is what's used when working out syns of a product without free food allowance it will still be 20 cals of the total = 1 syn!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thing is though, that the 20 cals per syn has always only ever been a rough "rule of thumb" anyway, as it will usually slightly overestimate the amount of syns - which isn't, actually, such a bad thing, tbh.

Back