Your daily cal consumption

Mizkirsty

Gold Member
Hi

I'm switching from Sw to cc - 2nd day in - I'm using mfp and it suggests 1480 for a 1.5lb loss a week!

Does that seem about right!!

What do you aim for?! Do you eat exercise cals?!

Any great advice?! X

Hi

I'm switching from Sw to cc - 2nd day in - I'm using mfp and it suggests 1480 for a 1.5lb loss a week!

Any great advice?! X

MFP is a brilliant tool and if that is what it says then it's a good place to start :)

It is recommended to eat at least some of your exercise cals back but don't rely too much on MFP's exercise quotes - they are apparently inaccurate.

Mizkirsty said:
Hi

Any great advice?! X

Hi Kirsty. There's a thread on here about setting your recommended calories, where it's discussed in some detail. I find MFP unreliable so have always set my own level, but I've recently checked it out using the BMR/TDEE calculators available online, and I'm currently eating 1600 a day for my age, weight and activity level (zero, lol). :) xx

Hi, i worked my maintenance calories (TDEE - Sedentary exercise level) out to be 1900 calories a day. I want to lose 1lb per week.

So 7 days x 1900 calories = 13300 calories a week to maintain. I create a deficit of 1750 calories (to lose 1/2 a lb), leaving me with 11550 for the week. Works out around 1650 a day.

I eat 1900 cals on Fri, Sat and Sun then 1450 the other days...adds up to the same weekly total.

Then to lose the other 1/2 a lb i aim to burn 2000 calories in exercise over 5 days a week (it's only 1750 that you need to burn for 1/2 a lb but i go for 2000 in case my heart rate monitor isn't totally accurate).

I don't feel deprived and i'm loving the exercise. The big test to see if my calculations have worked is on WI friday morning! If i haven't lost 1lb then i will need to re-assess! Mathematically though it should work.

This is interesting - I'm gonna attempt to work out mine! X

Ok can you have a look

My bmr 1723

X 1.375 for light activity (exercise 2-3x a week)

=2369 (so my cal consumption to maintain)

X7 for the week = 18583

-3500 for a 1lbs loss

= 13083 per week

= 1869 per day for 1lb loss

Now I've been told by my personal trainer to aim for 1500 so that's another 2500 cal deficits on top of the 3500 so I should be seeing -1.5lbs a week or more with exercise.

Does that sound alright! 1500 cals seems very doable! So I should expect to see a loss on Monday! X

Mizkirsty said:
Ok can you have a look

My bmr 1723

X 1.375 for light activity (exercise 2-3x a week)

=2369 (so my cal consumption to maintain)

X7 for the week = 18583

-3500 for a 1lbs loss

= 13083 per week

= 1869 per day for 1lb loss

Now I've been told by my personal trainer to aim for 1500 so that's another 2500 cal deficits on top of the 3500 so I should be seeing -1.5lbs a week or more with exercise.

Does that sound alright! 1500 cals seems very doable! So I should expect to see a loss on Monday! X

If you want to double check your TDEE there are lots of free calculators online. I definitely wouldn't go lower than 1500 if you still have a bit to lose. :) xx

I did use an online calculator!

That was just showing my working haha! X

Looks really good Kirsty! I will let you know if my numbers worked tomorrow when i have weighed in! Keep us posted on yours xx

Hey Kirsty, i lost 2.75lbs, so my numbers worked!...A little better than expected actually!

Going to keep them the same for the next week and fingers crossed i can whip another 1lb off. If not then i will lower them slightly.

Hey Kirsty, i lost 2.75lbs, so my numbers worked!...A little better than expected actually!

Going to keep them the same for the next week and fingers crossed i can whip another 1lb off. If not then i will lower them slightly.

Wahoo well done you must be chuffed I can only hope for a similar number! Ill let you now Monday! Xx

I lost 1lb which I was chuffed with - this was a 5 day wi (as I am on nights so that always screws my wi up) and this was post a Indian curry (day after all cc and recorded on mfp but weighed heavy in my stomach was bloated) so can only hope for a better loss this week! X

Back