• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Your Final Goal

Hiya All,

I've been looking up what would be my ideal weight. Both the NHS and BBC Health websites say that to be in the middle of the recommend BMI I should weigh 10st which gives me a BMI 21 ( I'm 5ft 8" and nearly 30)

Now it would be lovely to say I'm 10stone but realistically I'm aware that being this weight might not look right on me.

So I wondered how do other people feel about their final goal weight, are you taking any notice of what is recommend or are you going with what feels right?

X

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Rayven

Addicted to Minimins!
I'm not taking any notice of what my supposed healthy weight range is or what i'm 'supposed' to weight. I've given myself a goal of 10 stone 2 as i've been there before and although its at the very top end of my range i feel comfortable at that weight and feel going lower would be hard to maintain. However if i get to a weight before that and feel comfortable i may not even go down to 10stone 2. I think you have to do what feels right for you.
When i joined the gym my trainer said that he hates BMI's and people aiming for a set BMI as everyone is different and someone with a high BMI might not necessarily be unfit or unhealthy. So I'm opting for having a healthy balanced diet and stopping when i can look in the mirror and say i'm happy. xx

Lexie_dog

UNLEASHING THE BEAST!
My goal weight is 10st 7 to give me a BMI of something healthy, but, I was fairly happy at 10stone 11 when I started seeing husband. I know 4lbs doesn't sound a lot but if its 4lbs that will make me miserable achieving?

Ach I dunno. My target weight isn't that far off a weight I was happy with a while back. Any thinner I would look weird, at 10st 11 my hip bones poked out at the front and I had collarbones and a nipped in waist. My lowest weight is 8 stone 10 I think, no WAY could I get there.

Does that help any?

nik86

My reccomended weight is around half a stone lighter than my target weight. I have based my target on instinct really; I havent been as low as my target weight in my adult life so far last time I did SW I didnt set myself a target and did well. This time I have decided to try and aim for a specific weight, this is the weight I feel I will look well at, im top heavy therefore any lower than my target weight I am not sure I will look well. Everyone is so different and SW allows you to be individual that way :)

WelshCake

Silver Member
I dont put a lot of faith in BMI, ok to use as a guide maybe but not the be all and end all, I have a very hourglass figure, at 11st 4 I was a 34h/23/37 yet at over 27 bmi was classed as overweight? I will keep going until I "feel" right, not what some chart tells me I should be :)

Last edited:
The lowest I've been was 11st 12lb so gonna aim for 11st 7lb and see how I feel

The BMI system is daft as its stays that at my weight before falling pregnant (12st 2lb) I was overweight but to look at me I wasn't. I was/is a size 12 top and size 14bottom lol

Mine is 9stone 3lb. Puts my BMI at 21.5 but my main reason for it being that is when I was 10stone 3 I felt like a had about a stone to go. Also will take me nicely to my 7 stone award and into a pair of size 12 jeans hopefully lol!

Best of luck x

aislingb

loves a curlywurly
My goal is to be 12 stone. when i looked up bmi etc i think i should be just over 11 stone but i would look miserable. im 13 st 11.5 at the moment and no one believes im that weight i dont look it. ive been 12 stone before and at that pretty slim. i dont want to be skinny and miserable looking. 12 stone is a perfect weight for me! :) my dad has already told me i dont need to lose anymore weight which was nice but he wasnt wearing his glasses at the time so i didnt take much notice!!!

Im 5ft 6" so the top end of my healthy BMI is showing as 11st1lb, so thats where I need to get to first (just 3st 3lbs left :bliss:)
once Im there I will look at it again as I KNOW I want to be under that as mum maintains I have a tiny frame (could she be fibbing I wonder :p)-hmmm I have seen photos of me as a child and I was an elfin little thing though!!! but mainly I want to give myself so "wiggle room" as I refuse to EVER be *overweight* again -even by 1lb ...
I think I would like to be under 10st -even if only just ....

lolacola

Silver Member
I'm 5ft 7 and according to BMI, my healthy weight category is anywhere from 9st - 11st - my target is 9 1/2 stone I'm sCurrently 10st 5lbs

I'm 5ft 3 and my ideal weight is between 8 and 10 stone, my first target is 10 stone and I think that will be my limit I would love to be 9stone 3 but I think that will be too slim for me and like others have said hard to maintain! Who knows eh I'm 11.11 at the mo see how I feel when iv lost another stone coz I don't feel comfortable yet I still see lumps and bumps and wobbly bits that I hate!!

I'm setting my target weight as 11st, which is about the mid point of my healthy bmi range and healthy weight range - but I chose it becasue I was happy at 11st when I lost weight 11 years ago.

Cat x

Ideally I'd love to be 9 stone again, I haven't been that since I was 20 before I was pregnant.
However I remember lots of people saying I was too skinny!
I'm 5ft 8" so I think I will be happy at 11 stone which is my goal at the moment, I will see how I feel then!

Plumfoodie

Paleo maintenance rocks!
5'8" as well. Although I've put 10 stone 10 down, when I get to 11 and a half I'll be in the healthy BMI and will take it from there depending on how I look/feel.

Ive used the bmi to help me im 5ft11, so aiming to get to 12st7lb so i can get in the healthy range for the first time ever! But i am going to stop before that if i think i look like ive gone to far! Ideally a comfortable size 12 and ill be happy. If i do manage to make my target of 12st7lb without looking ill im going to aim for 12st dead on so ill have half stone leadway and ill still be happy if i fluctuate between 12st and 12st7lb :) xx

S

solo12

I'm thinking about 9 1/2 stone but never been this small in my adult life (smallest been about 11) am looking at that making me a size 12 ish and comfortably in the middle of healthy BMI however this isn't set in stone I'll see how I feel as I carry on losing :)

My target at the moment is 8st 7lbs. The lowest weight I can remember being is 9st 2lb, and thought that I can definitely give myself a little push to get it into to 8st bracket. Then I'm hoping to hover around 8:7 - 8:10 which will keep me away from the nines hopefully!

That, and fitting into size 10 jeans again, im definately a 12 in topshop at the moment, and into 29" waist in H&M. So, whichever one comes first haha!

I am currently fluttering about between 8st 8 - 8st 11 and that gives me a BMI of 23.2- 23.8- which is top end of healthy but I am a size 8. If I lose any more I'll look skeletal, BMI is a load of BS! I definately don't want to be a size 6, hardly any shops do stuff in a 6 - lol, and actually I think I'm looking alright...

lauratrev said:
Ive used the bmi to help me im 5ft11, so aiming to get to 12st7lb so i can get in the healthy range for the first time ever! But i am going to stop before that if i think i look like ive gone to far! Ideally a comfortable size 12 and ill be happy. If i do manage to make my target of 12st7lb without looking ill im going to aim for 12st dead on so ill have half stone leadway and ill still be happy if i fluctuate between 12st and 12st7lb :) xx
I'm exactly the same as you lauratrev... I ideally want to be between 11st 7 & 11st... But also a comfortable size 12... I'm 12st 7 at the mo so another stone and I'll be happy...