Your insurance experiences !!

fillymum

synful soul
This thread is prompted by Louisedans " I am so angry" thread.

As far as I am concerned Insurance is the one field that really needs investigation ( sorry if anyone out there works in insurance ). We have had 2 bad experiences and it has made me very cross over the years.

In one year we made 2 claims on our household policy. Neither was terribly expensive though both were over £200. We had insured our house and most other things with the same company for 15 years and have never had any other claims. An insurance assessor came to the house and passed both claims.

When we came to renew the following year we were told that the company had decided not to accept our payment as we were " high risk ". High risk !!!! I was hopping mad, what is insurance all about if it is not to cover risk !!!

Needless to say we no longer insure with that company,

Sue xx

seems likes loads of people have this problem-when I've whinged to people in work they all seem to have similar type stories.

Hi there,

I work in insurance, and basically insurance is there as such to cover any emergency/ incident that has happened by accident etc. Not everything can be covered by insurance otherwise there would be no insurance companies.

I do understand what you are saying but some companies i won't name names, like their ph's to be claim free as that is how they can give such good rates and there is not much risk of you making a claim. As soon as you start making claims your risk goes up as you had the "idea" to make the claim etc.

People argue that in 50 years they haven't made a claim etc and get very upset when i tell them they are not covered or if they have only made one claim etc their renewal goes up, basically your renewal will go up by the same price whether you have made 1 or 10 claims, so say it goes up by £20 for one claim, the person who has made 10 claims will have 10 x £20.

I'm not having a go or anything! Just thought i'd give my spin on it :)

Hi there,

I work in insurance, and basically insurance is there as such to cover any emergency/ incident that has happened by accident etc. Not everything can be covered by insurance otherwise there would be no insurance companies.

I do understand what you are saying but some companies i won't name names, like their ph's to be claim free as that is how they can give such good rates and there is not much risk of you making a claim. As soon as you start making claims your risk goes up as you had the "idea" to make the claim etc.

People argue that in 50 years they haven't made a claim etc and get very upset when i tell them they are not covered or if they have only made one claim etc their renewal goes up, basically your renewal will go up by the same price whether you have made 1 or 10 claims, so say it goes up by £20 for one claim, the person who has made 10 claims will have 10 x £20.

I'm not having a go or anything! Just thought i'd give my spin on it :)

It certainly does not come over as you having a go. It is just you pointing out how it works.

Like every other trade there are the goodies and the baddies and unfortunately the baddies get all the publicity.

thanks for input,

Sue xx

I think what upset me most was how rude thew girls on the phone were once I told them I had cancelled my insurance. I was polite to them and didn't deserve their attitude. Also refusing to send a acopy of my no claims was spiteful. Not having a ago at you but some of the people on the phones are downright rude.

I think what upset me most was how rude thew girls on the phone were once I told them I had cancelled my insurance. I was polite to them and didn't deserve their attitude. Also refusing to send a acopy of my no claims was spiteful. Not having a ago at you but some of the people on the phones are downright rude.

I don't work in car insurance so I'm not sure of the procedure there sorry hun! I too have had a quarrel when I made a claim, but it was in my policy booklet i just didn't look at it! lol On the other side of the coin some ph's are very rude too! Sometimes when I get a right screamer I think to myself if this were in a shop everyone would be looking at the ph with disgrace but as its over the phone people think they can be rude as they like as it is in the privacy of their own home! However sometimes I have really lovely customers, who when they say thankyou it erases the bad calls that i get :)

totally agree with you about the rudeness but you can get the reverse with some people in a call centre who are rude because they are faceless. My problem was that they issued the policy after I told them I didn't want to renew ,tried to charge me for the priviledge of cancelling something I had never wanted and then refused to send a copy of my no claims because I asked for my money back.

Back