Your loss so far?

jerricebenton

Silver Member
Would any of you guys be so kind as to share with me your success on low carb or Atkins? How much weight, health improvements & how long you have been doing it?

Id be very grateful :)

I've lost 3 stone 8lbs since April - though I had just over a month off plan in summer so technically it's been in about 6 months. I worked if out to an average of roughly 9lbs per month that I've been on plan.

Yup, purely with Atkins. Have a look at the 'Atkins questions answered' thread on this board, I think it will help with a couple of the things you've asked about. Also worth reading the stickies in the sticky section.

Weight wise almost 2 stone, dress size went from 12 skipped the 10 and now a size 6-8 depending on where I shop. I started in march but have had quite a few breaks and the weight just melts off when I restart!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have lost 4 stone 2 lbs since January, which includes several months of going off plan and messing around. Purely eating Atkins style. What's more i noticed that i don't pile weight on when i come off the diet either (besides the 5lbs or so of water weight due to coming out of ketosis).

I was just writing earlier on my diary about health improvements. Just over a year ago i had high blood lipids and liver enzymes. I recently had another blood test and the results came back perfect, this is despite being on drugs that traditionally cause raised lipids. Recently i've started running for the first time since i was 11 years old, so starting to feel great from taking up exercise too.

2 stone 5lbs in. 15 weeks, dropped from 20 to 16 in trousers, still got a way to go but really enjoying it

I've lost 1 st 6.5 since 1st Sept, also had a week off in Oct for all inclusive holiday - went straight back on plan and lost my holiday weight within the wk. if I plateau I up my net carbs for 2days and then carry on- always kick starts me into losing again.

Are you American, Sandy? Just to let people know that we don't count net carbs on the uk - fibre is already deducted on our nutrition labels.

No Im not american - Im a Geordie lass, I dont count fibre as its normally insoluable only the total carbs, sorry I'm just used to saying net carbs from the good old days lol :silly:

Last edited:
Back