Your thoughts/advise please

Foo Fan

Gold Member
Hi Guys,

I'm fast approaching 6th weigh-in on CD - I lost a stone in 3 weeks, week 4 I STS and in week 5 I gained 2lbs.

I'm struggling big time to get back on track and end up picking at something - I'm finding it really hard to get back into it!

CD is so expensive - I cant afford to waist money on shakes and not stick to the diet.

I was thinking of buying Asda meal replacement shakes (1 tub = 9 shakes = £4) and getting some Atkins bars. Then having an SS+ meal in the evening.

I really want to lose weight - but I'm picking because I'm stressed about money etc and I cannot justify spending close to £50 a week.

What are your thoughts guys?

I feel so fed up at the moment and stressed out!!!!

Foo Fan said:
Hi Guys,

I'm fast approaching 6th weigh-in on CD - I lost a stone in 3 weeks, week 4 I STS and in week 5 I gained 2lbs.

I'm struggling big time to get back on track and end up picking at something - I'm finding it really hard to get back into it!

CD is so expensive - I cant afford to waist money on shakes and not stick to the diet.

I was thinking of buying Asda meal replacement shakes (1 tub = 9 shakes = £4) and getting some Atkins bars. Then having an SS+ meal in the evening.

I really want to lose weight - but I'm picking because I'm stressed about money etc and I cannot justify spending close to £50 a week.

The way I look at it is how much would u be spending on **** and junk food if u werent on the diet ? I know I spend prob more on crap and I know it's a lots but it's for a short time and the results in the long run are so much better and this will be the only time u need to do it, get back into it hun a few months of spending a lot vs a lifetime of being happy and healthy is no contest xxx

I agree with harassed mother. Cambridge is expensive, but if I weren't spending the money on this then I'd sure enough be spending it on junk food, and would probably spend a lot more than £40 a week. And it's only for a short time and then you can spend the money on healthy food and new clothes! :)

- sent from my iPhone. "No one said it would be easy, they just said it'd be worth it.."

That's true, I'd easily spend £40 and some on a night out let alone my weekly food and a takeaway so it is cheaper for me, although holiday mode has kicked in and I'm struggling but WILL get back to it when I return (hopefully not a stone heavier!!) x

Im not planning on giving up on a diet - I was thinking of swapping CWP products with asda meal replacement shakes and having a 200kcal meal (like SS+)
I don't really drink and wouldn't be going on nights out if I wasn't on the diet etc.

My other half as started to have 2 slim fast shakes and a healthy meal in the evening - he paid £9 for two tubs of slim fast and I'm paying £50 a week on CWP (I know slim fast and cd are completely different I was just showing the comparison).

At the min I just feel like I'm wasting money because I'm finding it difficult to be 100% :(

Foo Fan said:
Im not planning on giving up on a diet - I was thinking of swapping CWP products with asda meal replacement shakes and having a 200kcal meal (like SS+)
I don't really drink and wouldn't be going on nights out if I wasn't on the diet etc.

My other half as started to have 2 slim fast shakes and a healthy meal in the evening - he paid £9 for two tubs of slim fast and I'm paying £50 a week on CWP (I know slim fast and cd are completely different I was just showing the comparison).

At the min I just feel like I'm wasting money because I'm finding it difficult to be 100% :(

I don't think the slim fast and supermarket own brand shakes have as many vitamins and nutrients in them as the CD ones? I could be wrong though! x

- sent from my iPhone. "No one said it would be easy, they just said it'd be worth it.."

Sorry if I'm sounding so negative guys - I'm just really stressed out at the moment... Don't know why I'm finding it do difficult :'(

Sorry if I'm sounding so negative guys - I'm just really stressed out at the moment... Don't know why I'm finding it do difficult :'(

Your not at all hun, if you want to change to slim fast then you should follow their guidelines as I dont think they have the right vitimins etc that cd does to enable you to have just the ss+ meal - i may be wrong though - and i dont think the loss is as quick as cd.

BUT you need to do what is right for YOU xx

If you're struggling on CD but still want bigger losses why not try another VLCD. I honestly don't see any benefits to SF. If you can manage on shakes and a meal on that why not try another VLCD which allows that too :). Exante and Slim & Save both work out around £25 a week Cheaper, you can incorporate meals and still get VLCD style losses. A win win situation ;)

Thanks for your comments guys - I would never do slim fast 1) because you add milk instead of water - so I wouldn't want the extra calories etc

I've tried exante before and It didn't really work for me because I'd have a months worth of shakes and no one to weigh me in - I was never 100%

Anyway I've just set my self a task to be 100% until Sunday and just have a chat with my CDC and take it from there...

The cost is only worrying me now because of my car accident last week - now I have to find the fund to fix my car... Dont think the stress has helped!

Good luck, whatever you eventually decide to do.

Watch out for the Asda tub shake powder. My friend in Hull bought several tubs, thrilled at the low price. When she actually tried to drink the made-up shake it tasted so foul (she said) that she threw up.

And that was that!

Others might love the Asda shake powder - I have never tried it - but sometimes very cheap diet stuff is revolting.

Foo Fan said:
Hi Guys,

Babe I think u should do s&s and ask ur mates or someone to weigh u every week so it seems official too maybe put weight chart on the fridge so everyone can see progress and it will motivate u x

U have done it before u will again x

Thanks everyone for your comments...

I'm sticking with CD for now but I just need to get re-focused I've got 3 days until my next weigh in so I'm going to stick to SS...

I don't want to get to September and still be at the same weight for my holiday - id be gutted...

Good for you hunny xxxx

Back