Your views on the soups??

leedsforever

Silver Member
After starting out years ago on cambridge diet, I am so so put off by the soups. I could not stomach the CD ones at all, the bars just as minging. The shakes as a packet was a no go too, the only thing was the tetra packs with CD.

Exante I much prefer the taste of the shakes, I ordered the bumper pack of just shakes and I use tesco ultra slim bars which I love...

coming up to ordering another bumper pack and debating whether to order the soup and shakes one? For a bit of a variety beings for the next 7 weeks I am going to be using alot of exante products.

Views please :)

I quite like the soups - aside from the tomato one. That's a bit yucky but every 4th day I suck it up and have it just cause it came in the pack! I mix a bit of black pepper and paprika in it, kinda makes it too spicy to taste!

I didn't like the Thai Chicken one at first but don't mud it now and actually quite like the veg and mushroom. Sometimes to tart them up I add in 1/2 tsp of bouillon - just makes them a bit different. Depending on whether I'm hungry or not I have them more or less watery. I find them more satisfying if they're thicker. No idea why!

Good luck!

I can't stand them, I actually heaved. But it is personal taste. Perhaps get a sample pack off an online auction site and then decide.

I quite like them all apart from the tomato even adding stuff to it makes me feel sick, but i have never liked proper tomato soup anyway.
I also find that i have to mix the soups like made otherwise they are lumpy, This time around i have ordered just the shakes and the bars

Hi i find if you make them more watery than the shakes they are all ok exept the mushroom. They are like a creamy cup a soup type thing and not bad at all in my opinion. Your tastes on this diet go all over the place so you might find you like them- i thought i would love vanialla shake but i hated it, i thought id like mushroom soup but i didnt, however i like the other soups which i thought i wouldnt.

Start with vegetable soup quite watery and mixed with a whisk and piping hot- xxxxxxxxxxxx

I really don't like creamy soups or creamy thing full stop so I thought I was going to struggle. Although the first week was a bit yucky, I actually don't mind them now. I'm a savoury person so I do need them so I'd find the diet harder to stick to. Like most folks on here I'm liberal with the chilli flakes!!

I love the bars, shakes and porridge. The soups, to me are awful. I used my last shake this morning so forced myself to have a Thai chicken soup. I added pepper and more chilli and it wasn't too bad i could have it again if I had to. The tomato and basil went in the bin. :(

Back