You've heard it all before...I'm new!

I'm sure you've seen it all before - a serial dieter! I've done it all, but I only seem to lost a stone and then I put it all back on again, sometimes with some more :sigh: I've posted on MiniMins whilst doing other diets, so it only seems right that I come on here.

The tipping point for me was reaching 19stone earlier this week. At 18.10ish I could kid myself, but at 19 - NOPE, way too much. I didn't even THINK about it, I just signed up to WW online, and here I am. I weighed in today because I want to weigh in on Fridays and I couldn't handle waiting for another week, and I've lost 3lbs. I'm really loving the flexibility of WW and the fact that I don't have to spend a fortune on certain foods - I can literally just eat what is in my cupboards but stick to healthy portions.

I do have to tackle issues underlying my emotional eating. I'm not too sure how to go about doing that. I know how to diet, I go to the gym, etc but I need to tackle the emotional eating. My GP has a health trainer I'm going to go and see so perhaps he can help :)

I'm very proud that I'm managing to have fish and chips tonight using my daily points - I was saving my weekly points but they've fit in today's. Hopefully it means I can stay in control this weekend.

I'm sure you've seen it all before - a serial dieter! I've done it all, but I only seem to lost a stone and then I put it all back on again, sometimes with some more :sigh: I've posted on MiniMins whilst doing other diets, so it only seems right that I come on here.

The tipping point for me was reaching 19stone earlier this week. At 18.10ish I could kid myself, but at 19 - NOPE, way too much. I didn't even THINK about it, I just signed up to WW online, and here I am. I weighed in today because I want to weigh in on Fridays and I couldn't handle waiting for another week, and I've lost 3lbs. I'm really loving the flexibility of WW and the fact that I don't have to spend a fortune on certain foods - I can literally just eat what is in my cupboards but stick to healthy portions.

I do have to tackle issues underlying my emotional eating. I'm not too sure how to go about doing that. I know how to diet, I go to the gym, etc but I need to tackle the emotional eating. My GP has a health trainer I'm going to go and see so perhaps he can help :)

I'm very proud that I'm managing to have fish and chips tonight using my daily points - I was saving my weekly points but they've fit in today's. Hopefully it means I can stay in control this weekend.

Welcome Sweetie :) I'm also in the Friday WI Crew, there's a 10 Week Challenge just been started on here if you would like to join? Any questions just ask :) x

hi and welcome! :) I've been a bit of a serial dieter in the past too but WW has really helped me. Good luck with everything and just ask if you have any questions x

hi do you knwo much about the discover plan? im trying to find information out bout how it works and t points allowance without going to a meeting as i dont have time for that xx

hi do you knwo much about the discover plan? im trying to find information out bout how it works and t points allowance without going to a meeting as i dont have time for that xx

There's quite a few people on here who follow Discover/Vintage, think they have their own section on here? They seem to have greater success with that as opposed to pp. x

Thank you for the warm welcome.

This week has been great. I've had a really bad week work wise, but instead of resorting to food as I normally do, it didn't even enter my head! I did have a planned splurge last night at an all you can eat Chinese - it wasn't a buffet, they cook the food fresh for you. This Chinese meal was very important to me as it was paid for with some settlement money I was awarded, so I used last night as a big F-U to the other party involved, and shared it with the two men in my life - bf and my Dad.

I took my weight yesterday and it was 18.8, then today for official weigh in it was 18.10. Sigh. I took the 18.10 reading and recorded that as hopefully by next week it will even out. That means I've lost 1lb this week which I'm happy about.

I'm feeling very "meh" again today and cannot wait to get home, so I'm going to plan lots of nice healthy meals over the weekend. I've really not found the diet hard to stick to - I think because I get such a massive allowance (thanks to being so fat lol). I can see myself slipping into food for comfort so I'm going to make sure I make better choices.

Thank you for the warm welcome.

This week has been great. I've had a really bad week work wise, but instead of resorting to food as I normally do, it didn't even enter my head! I did have a planned splurge last night at an all you can eat Chinese - it wasn't a buffet, they cook the food fresh for you. This Chinese meal was very important to me as it was paid for with some settlement money I was awarded, so I used last night as a big F-U to the other party involved, and shared it with the two men in my life - bf and my Dad.

I took my weight yesterday and it was 18.8, then today for official weigh in it was 18.10. Sigh. I took the 18.10 reading and recorded that as hopefully by next week it will even out. That means I've lost 1lb this week which I'm happy about.

I'm feeling very "meh" again today and cannot wait to get home, so I'm going to plan lots of nice healthy meals over the weekend. I've really not found the diet hard to stick to - I think because I get such a massive allowance (thanks to being so fat lol). I can see myself slipping into food for comfort so I'm going to make sure I make better choices.

Hey Sweetie, So pleased to see that you haven't used food emotionally, I think once you Break that tie your battle is so much easier! Look forward to hearing what healthy meals you have planned :) x

Hi littlemind, like you, ive had a cr@p week at work and normally i'd turn to the fridge, however, i stumbled across some photo's from last summer and i look HUGE!! Those photo's have been an excellent deterent! I refuse to let my job and the small minded people there ruin my diet! Xx

Hi
Wondered if I could join this thread :) I started back in January and lost about 1st 6lbs but then went off the boil for a few months - anyway I started back 2 weeks ago, having put on 6.5lbs in my 'break', my first week weigh in was wednesday just gone and I lost 6lbs - so good start. Feel more motivated this time, just hope it works for me again. I think I stopped last time as it seemed to 'stop' working but in hindsight, maybe my head wasnt really in to it.....

Anyway I have a lot to lose, so just taking it one step at a time.....

Hoping to post on here to keep me 'in the zone' lol

Oh and I am on night shifts at the moment, hence the weird posting time!! I am running my points from midnight to midnight, cause I am not really sure what to do with them!!

Hi
Wondered if I could join this thread :) I started back in January and lost about 1st 6lbs but then went off the boil for a few months - anyway I started back 2 weeks ago, having put on 6.5lbs in my 'break', my first week weigh in was wednesday just gone and I lost 6lbs - so good start. Feel more motivated this time, just hope it works for me again. I think I stopped last time as it seemed to 'stop' working but in hindsight, maybe my head wasnt really in to it.....

Anyway I have a lot to lose, so just taking it one step at a time.....

Hoping to post on here to keep me 'in the zone' lol

Oh and I am on night shifts at the moment, hence the weird posting time!! I am running my points from midnight to midnight, cause I am not really sure what to do with them!!

Well Done on losing 6lb of the 6.5lb you put on! Do you have a diary on here which I could subscribe to? Sounds like a fab idea with the PP, I used to work nights and was never sure about what to do either! X

Thanks for your reply!! Back on nights - 2nd of 3!! Was naughty on the way home this morning and got a McDonalds wrap for breakfast - 18pp but was starving!! Prepared a bit better today and have bought some porridge to have just before I set off home - 5pp a bit better than 18!! So went into my weeklies by a couple today and now waiting on midnight for my next set of points!!

Hubby also told me we are going for chip shop on sunday - he is cealiac and our chip shop does gluten free fish etc on the first sunday of every month so he wants to go - I am thinking of just having plain poached fish and some chips - that should be a bit better?

Hope everyone is ok x

Thanks for your reply!! Back on nights - 2nd of 3!! Was naughty on the way home this morning and got a McDonalds wrap for breakfast - 18pp but was starving!! Prepared a bit better today and have bought some porridge to have just before I set off home - 5pp a bit better than 18!! So went into my weeklies by a couple today and now waiting on midnight for my next set of points!!

Hubby also told me we are going for chip shop on sunday - he is cealiac and our chip shop does gluten free fish etc on the first sunday of every month so he wants to go - I am thinking of just having plain poached fish and some chips - that should be a bit better?

Hope everyone is ok x

Glad to hear you're better prepared today :) I think it takes a while to get your groove on with WW! Poached Fish sounds good, 210g chips is 14pp so not a bad accompaniment either.x

Started my own diary - Lenlu's this time its it Diary - in diary section - someone come and follow me!!

well done , in understanding emotional eating, many of us do it, but we are doing the correct thing, in doing something about it, I love w/w pro points and its my first time doing it, ive done most diets.. but not this one, ive lost every week for 12 wks and two holidays, im a stone from target, and then I will learn how to stay within my target, good luck :)

Back