• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Yummy Beef Lasagne

http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/yummy-beef-lasagne

Just a quarter of this recipe is a huge and filling portion, I just had mine with a salad. But if you wanted it as less syns, you could probably have a smaller portion of it with salad and a jacket potato or similar. This really is yummy. I was really chuffed with myself for making such a delicious meal that you can eat on a diet. hehe

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Last edited:

couteaux

Silver Member
S: 15st13lb C: 15st6lb G: 11st12lb BMI: 32.8 Loss: 0st7lb(3.14%)
Oh wow, that looks divine! I've tried to make SW lasagne before and found it was really missing the cheesy sauce so will give this a go. That's really good syn wise too considering how non slimming it looks. Thanks Britmum! :)

Mrs V

Loves Life!
S: 21st7lb C: 12st5lb G: 11st0lb Loss: 9st2lb(42.52%)
This looks delicious...thanks Hun!

S: 19st4lb C: 14st9lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 35.2 Loss: 4st9lb(24.07%)
In this recipe what are the syns for, is it the cornstarch? I've used cornflour before, is that the same thing? If it isn't where would I find it in the supermarket please?!

It looks delicious, thinking of cooking it tonight!

S: 19st4lb C: 14st9lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 35.2 Loss: 4st9lb(24.07%)
If its between 4 then it is only 1 A for 1 person. Cheese twice and milk once but only a quarter of each so not even a whole A!

S: 15st5lb G: 10st0lb
Hi can anyone tell me what cornstarch would be stocked next to in the supermarkets please?

Thanks

StaceyUK

Gold Member
S: 18st1.6lb G: 10st10lb
Cornstarch = cornflour over here!

S: 18st1.6lb G: 10st10lb
Made this tonight and it is YUMMY! I did a few motifications - used lamb intead of beef (hubby doesn't eat beef), used grated carrot & courgette and just used dried herbs instead of fresh, and a few glugs of worcester sauce. Oh, and I just used a sachet of cheese sauce (Schwartz's one is 7 syns).

At first I was dubious about the sweet potato but it really adds something special to this dish. Thanks for the recipe - it'll be my new fave! Next time I might add a layer of cottage cheese to it as well.

i have read on here that to save all the fuss of making a cheese sauce , you can buy a packet one morrisons is 4.5 i believe asda is 10 but if you're only having a 1/4 of the lasagna it doesnt work out to much

S: 13st10lb C: 11st1lb G: 11st1lb BMI: 23.9 Loss: 2st9lb(19.27%)
I also used lamb mince and added half a grated apple and a large tea spoon of mint sauce into the bolognese. Yummy! This is my favourite thing ever, hard to believe it's a SW recipe! We had ours with a chopped salad and I've just had the leftovers for lunch!

Can't wait to make it again but it will have to be a weekend dish with the time it takes to prepare.

Thanks BritMum!

StripedDaisy

A sucker for a key change
I wish I had seen this recipe before I cooked our lasagna last night. My cheese sauce is vlf yogurt, 2 eggs and some grated parmesan sprinkled on top! But the above sounds much nicer!!! And, I will definately be trying the sweet potato...