Yummy chocolate cake

PurpleMum

Silver Member
I've just been to Sainsburys and the be good to yourself range has added 'chocolate and caramel cake slices' that are just about within the rules - well 5.2g fat per 100g. Each slice has 95 cals and 1.6g fat. So these are an occasional treat, but might be nice instead of a choccy egg at easter. Maybe with a little low fat custard or something as a dessert? I got a pack, so I'll give them the taste test tomorrow

Sound like a find for you chocoholics! I used to go up to 5.8g per 100g & it didn't have a bad effect...... Just remember one at at time though lol x

Yea, OH has assumed responsibility for ensuring i don't scoff the lot. He's eaten two already to save me the bother!

Cor they sound yummy. I struggle a lot with sweet stuff mainly because it something is dairy free its a helluva lot more fattening that if it isnt, as they add extra naughty stuff to make it taste nicer.

I tried the Sainsburys free From Chocolate cake and it was ridiculously high in fat, something like 45g of fat per 100g

I'm so lucky I don't have to consider extra issues like dairy-free. What a pain! I looked at some of the diabetic stuff in the supermarkets assuming lower sugar was something I might consider a positive, but the stuff was full of fat. You could have a look at the recipes bit of mfp. There seem to be people with all sorts of allergies and special dietary requirements. Maybe a search would throw up some nice things you could make yourself that would be dairy free. I saw a recipe for a low calorie cake from the US, and found the ingredients available on Amazon UK. This particular one was not dairy-free, but shows that you can get your hands on some of the substitute ingredients online even if they're not sold in the UK. This was a Betty Crocker thing. Although you can get tonnes of these mixes in the supermarket, the specific one seemed to be a US version.

Back