'Zap Your Inner Perfectionist' article in SW mag!!

funcurls

Never gets tired of SW!
Hi troops, who's read the article in the SW about perfectionists? I found it to be extremely interesting and helpful!! I think a lot of us set unreasonably high standards for ourselves and then find ourselves falling short of them and being constantly dissatisfied and disappointed!! I definitely suffer from this!! Quite often I'll avoid getting to work on the garden, because I see it as a huge mountain of work that I should complete in one fell swoop! Instead I should start working on it bit by bit and realise that it's OK for it to take days, or weeks to really take shape! Rather than thinking in black and white- the all or nothing approach, I'm going to try and think in shades of grey like it suggests in the article! The same goes for eating a few cakes or biscuits- leading to a massive syn overdose!! We don't have to say goodbye to all the hard work we've done and give up SW, or even write off the day, we don't have to think in black and white all the time! It also tells us to avoid comparing ourselves to to others as all this can do is demoralise us and make us feel that there's no point in even trying to lose weight! I was fascinated by the article and think it can be applied to all sorts of things as well as our slimming journeys!! In future I'm going to lower the standards I set for myself and accept that it's absolutely fine for my house to be less than perfectly clean and for a few things to be out of place, it's OK not to have completely colour-coordinating clothes, bag, shoes, jewellery, eyeshadow, and it's perfectly OK not to reach my weight loss targets week after week!!X

I haven't got the mag, but this is me to a tee!

me too........ down to house work! i see it a one big chore, i have recently started 1 room at a time.. but with weightloss im looking at a stone at a timow and not 4st.. so i have 3lb until ive lost my 1st 1 stone :)

Back