Step2 810kcal Zenlads diary - just started cambridge!!

zenlad

Hi Everyone, today was my first day of beginning the Cambridge diet!! My consultant advised me to commence on step 2 / 810kcal to begin with!!

My morning almost began with me vomiting at the taste imams texture of maple and pecan porridge!! Yuk! Even when I pinched my nose, I couldn't do it!!

For lunch I took the chicken and mushroom soup in and that was lovely and tasty so defo going to be ordering more of them!!

I have just cooked my first meal and surprised at how full I feel!! Had to check and triple check my weights and at first thought 80g of veg is rubbish but I'm defo not hungry!

Drinking loads of water throughout the day which so far, so good I am doing well at!!

I'm going to enjoy my first bar later on tonight with a cup of earl grey tea!! Exciting times!!

What's my motivation? I have 3 major weddings coming up, two of which involve wearing a sari!! Eek!! And the third wedding is my brothers!! Don't want to ruin his wedding photos and not allowed to hide at the back!!
I also have been wanting to lose weight for some time as my confidence in my appearance is awful hate social events because of it.
I have 4stone to shift in order to have a healthy bmi so wish me luck!

I think my consultant is great, has been really supportive and let me swap those awful porridges for milk shakes which I enjoyed this morning after launching the porridge!

Hopefully in a weeks time I am posting back with a great loss!!

If anyone has any hints or tips please let me know, thanks! Xxx

Welcome!

Certainly sounds like your head is in the right place! And 810 is great.

As for tips... I personally don't often want the milk on 810, so have 250g fat free yogurt instead, not too many people realise there are a couple of alternatives listed at the back of the book - I mix it in with a shake, it tastes delicious and really fills you up, or saying that the milk allowance is nice used to make up a choc shake, it tastes rather indulgent and is also quite filling as well :)

Thanks so much for your reply! I didn't know about the yogurt swap which is great! I can make tzatziki!! Yummy!! Are you doing same step as me? How's your diet going so far??
As for sari's, my husband is Indian (Hindu) and I am Greek so you can imagine the weddings we have to go to!!

Thanks so much for your reply! I didn't know about the yogurt swap which is great! I can make tzatziki!! Yummy!! Are you doing same step as me? How's your diet going so far??
As for sari's, my husband is Indian (Hindu) and I am Greek so you can imagine the weddings we have to go to!!

Oh wow, Indian and Greek weddings! Give me your social life!! My other half is Indian and Hindu too, I sometimes worry the first Indian wedding I attend might be my own lol, I'd quite like to see how it all goes down at someone else's first!

I was on step 2 for a little while, but just got back from a 2 week holiday and 13lb gain so using sole source to get back to where I was before I went which was 10st, then i will move up the step to my target of 9st7. II began the plan jan 1st at 14st9 then did sole source until about 2 month ago when I stepped up as I was feeling a little weak - a sure sign I needed more calories! So near yet so far for me!

X

The first time I wore one was to our engagement ceremony 8yrs ago! 8yrs on and I can even dress myself in one! Just paranoid about all the tyres! Ha ha. Wow sounds like you defo know how to do the diet. I wasn't allowed to start on sole source cos I have anaemia gutted as was looking forward to having a rapid weight drop but I know I will be too ill from it!
Don't even feel hungry now so it's fab!

Day two, just having a strawberry milkshake whilst sat looking at glorious sunshine. My uniform is do tight. Can't wait till it actually fits me properly!!

Home from work. Had to message consultant as was really worried that I wasn't feeling hungry. She advised me that its normal not to after 2 days! Phew! Thought I was doing something wrong!
Having a chicken salad for tea tonight so fingers crossed, I manage to survive my second day on the Cambridge!

Can anyone recommend things they might eat if they go restaurants etc? Xx

Hi, I've been doing step 2 for 5 weeks and have lost 1stone 1lb!

I have quite a busy social life so step 2 fits in well with me. I tend to order a chicken salad if we go out for dinner and I have been out 3 times so far and it hasnt affected my weightloss too much and if we are at a social occassion I can drink diet coke without feeling like too much of an outcast, I just tell people im driving as I have found many people are quite negative about the diet!

I have on and off days with the hunger, today my stomach was gurgling all afternoon other days im fine!

Wow that is a fab weight loss! Hope I so as well as you have!! Didn't know we could have diet coke!!?? Xx

Yeah the book says we can have low calorie diet drinks or flavoured waters or squashes occassionally, my consultant says to keep them to a min which is why I only drink it if im out

That is great to know as I am at a hen party in a few weeks! I am confused over what green veg I can have?? Can I have green beans??? X

Just having oriental chilli soup for my lunch! Yummy! It's really tasty!!
What soups do you all recommend? X

We had a dinner party last night and my DH cooked for everyone except me, I cooked my own chicken and veg. Turned it Chinese style with a broth so I ate the chicken and veg with chop sticks and used spoon for the broth so that I was eating same time as then rather than finishing it within seconds. I also had a wine glass like the others with the cambridge berry flavoured water and ice cubes. I was quite impressed that I never cracked!! I obviously was completely sober and ended up driving out friends home but felt so good for sticking to it!

Well done you, just shows you can do it when you set your mind to it!

Answer to your previous question, no green beans I'm afraid!

Oh dear I think I had a few on day one!!! Such a shame can't have green beans!! I love them!!!

How are you getting on Nickynacknoo??

Good thanks, I planned to have a night off last night for a meal and drinks with my friends.

I thought right, I'm going to enjoy this and have what I want and all I managed was half a burger, 5 chips and a pint and a half of cider and I was completely done in and had to go back on the water, so lame!

Cant believe how much I've changed in 5 weeks!

Well done! Your stomach has obviously drunk and was thinking what is this your trying to fill me with !! Bet you will still have a fabulous loss!

Stomach been in agony this evening after I had my normal meal so much so I never ate my 3rd Cambridge item. Now lying in bed feeling hungry but don't want to eat as dont want to live in bathroom! ?

Want to cry tonight as had a bad day. Away with work and not packed enough items so today have had two salads!! Gahhh I know my weigh in is gonna be rubbish!

Back