Zero Carbs.

GtGn

Hello, I haven't posted for a while and when I did I started on the Alli forum then posted a couple or so times on the Atkins Diet forum. I have been lurking in Active Low Carber forums & came across Zero Carbing. Has anyone here tried it? There seems to be more than one form of ZC and quite a lot of arguments over there about it. Here on MiniMins the members are a little more courteous so I wondered if any one would like to discuss it. I have been giving it a try for several days now.
I would love to read some opinions here.

Hi,
I have never heard of this zero carbing.
How are you doing on it?
What are you eating?
Can you tell us more about it?

Many Thanks, Jenny

Hello, I haven't posted for a while and when I did I started on the Alli forum then posted a couple or so times on the Atkins Diet forum. I have been lurking in Active Low Carber forums & came across Zero Carbing. Has anyone here tried it? There seems to be more than one form of ZC and quite a lot of arguments over there about it. Here on MiniMins the members are a little more courteous so I wondered if any one would like to discuss it. I have been giving it a try for several days now.
I would love to read some opinions here.
I have tried a 0 carb diet called the Stillman diet, its on the internet. You can lose A LOT of weight on it but its not healthy to stay on it for more than a few weeks. Its a good jump start or when you're plateauing.

Hi.

Haven't tried Zero Carbing myself and would imagine it to be fairly unhealthy but it might be okay for short periods.

Your comment about the Atkins forum is interesting. I post there now and find it mostly very useful but some members seem to think themselves Keepers of the Atkins Flame, or some such, and they can be pretty savage to those who differ in any way from the books.

Having said that they cannot agree amongst themselves! Only yesterday there was a rather bitter in-fight about whether or not tofu was allowed during induction.

The site nutritionist stepped in and said it was, then asked for calm and tried to close the thread but she did not have the last word for some time. I did not know if it was suitable, not being a big tofu eater. Many oldtimers' opinions differed so they started to snipe at each other.

It's a shame, isn't it, when a few aggressive ones seem to put ego and 'winning' before helping others. I know some feel passionate about 'doing Atkins properly' but to query the site's appointed Atkins nutritionist seems to be going a bit far!

Otherwise the Atkins Community is very informative and helpful and lots of members provide invaluable support.

Last edited:
Back