Zero Carbs.

Discussion in 'Low Carb Diets' started by GtGn, 13 October 2009 Social URL.

1. GtGn

GtGn Member

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.07%)
    Diet:
    Alli.. Atkins .. ZC
    Hello, I haven't posted for a while and when I did I started on the Alli forum then posted a couple or so times on the Atkins Diet forum. I have been lurking in Active Low Carber forums & came across Zero Carbing. Has anyone here tried it? There seems to be more than one form of ZC and quite a lot of arguments over there about it. Here on MiniMins the members are a little more courteous so I wondered if any one would like to discuss it. I have been giving it a try for several days now.
    I would love to read some opinions here.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jenpen

jenpen Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.3%)
    Diet:
    WW
    Hi,
    I have never heard of this zero carbing.
    How are you doing on it?
    What are you eating?
    Can you tell us more about it?

Many Thanks, Jenny

4. GtGn

GtGn Member

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.07%)
    Diet:
    Alli.. Atkins .. ZC
    http:http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?p=7924983#post7924983//

Hi if you click on the link & read through the posts, it will help to explain. Really we only eat protein and no carbs at all. It is pretty strict but seems to work very well. You could also google 'zero carbs diet'. I miss berry fruits but that is all. I have only just started so haven't weighed myself yet. One member describes it as magic. :)

5. soozsb

soozsb Xmas goal, here I come!

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(8.93%)
    Diet:
    Reductil/Meridia and Xenical
    I have tried a 0 carb diet called the Stillman diet, its on the internet. You can lose A LOT of weight on it but its not healthy to stay on it for more than a few weeks. Its a good jump start or when you're plateauing.

6. girlygirl1

girlygirl1 Banned

Hi.

Haven't tried Zero Carbing myself and would imagine it to be fairly unhealthy but it might be okay for short periods.

Your comment about the Atkins forum is interesting. I post there now and find it mostly very useful but some members seem to think themselves Keepers of the Atkins Flame, or some such, and they can be pretty savage to those who differ in any way from the books.

Having said that they cannot agree amongst themselves! Only yesterday there was a rather bitter in-fight about whether or not tofu was allowed during induction.

The site nutritionist stepped in and said it was, then asked for calm and tried to close the thread but she did not have the last word for some time. I did not know if it was suitable, not being a big tofu eater. Many oldtimers' opinions differed so they started to snipe at each other.

It's a shame, isn't it, when a few aggressive ones seem to put ego and 'winning' before helping others. I know some feel passionate about 'doing Atkins properly' but to query the site's appointed Atkins nutritionist seems to be going a bit far!

Otherwise the Atkins Community is very informative and helpful and lots of members provide invaluable support.

Last edited: 16 November 2009
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.