zero coke

Lainey0070

Hi all
I am sure that I read here that coke zero was ok? I've just had one and now worried I may have blown it. Also sweetners, I use a power type, is that allowed or only tablet???? only put in the choc flav.
Can anyone put my mind at rest please.
:confused:

sorry I cant help, although I know there seems to be strict guidelines on the drinks so I would have thought not?

Hope someone can help better

x

Hi... I've been on a vlcd for about 8 weeks and have many times had the odd coke zero after reading on here that its ok to do so. It didn't affect my weight loss or my ketosis, so don't worry that you've blown your diet as I really don't think it will have, just don't go too mad with them!! - Hope this helps! :) x

oh wow, I never knew this, what else can you have?

I know Tesco flavoured water is ok, the 1.5l still stuff, think it's strawberry or apple. If you're using something like Splenda I can't see that it makes any difference if it's tablet or powder, they're both sucralose.

oh wow, I never knew this, what else can you have?

This is a very dangerous line of thinking lol...

Next thing you know you might be asking if its ok to eat custard cakes done with sweetener instead of sugar :p

jk lol :D

This is a very dangerous line of thinking lol...

Next thing you know you might be asking if its ok to eat custard cakes done with sweetener instead of sugar :p

jk lol :D

I know, I know :)

I seem to like knowing what I can or cant have yet dont end up having anything, which I dont really understand as I am always after something tempting hee hee

It might be a dangerous way of thinking but to have a change from plain water to Coke Zero once a week or every couple of weeks is not going to do too much damage. Specially if you are a "Coca Cola" addict like me. I found giving up the Cola the hardest thing but on LT you cannot even have the Tesco flavoured waters so this could be a godsend for some people.

But is this sort of "officially" sanctioned?

Are you allowed to have the Diet or Zero Coke ?

Which type of sweeteners are you allowed ?

The only thing I am having is sweetner in my tea/coffee/green tea etc and that is Sweetex, Im too scared to try anything else

x

Oh thanks for the reply Starlight, but what is the difference to the Zero and Diet coke? :)

I am going to find out about this as now I am curious to what is so different about it, just like Pepsi Max and Pepsi diet...

Interesting :p

That applies to all VLCDs x

Ohhh! Good news then!

I will double check in the official CD forums and see if its then compatible.
(not that I dont believe you Starlight, just dont want to upset Mrs. Ketosis lol)

Hopefully I can have a nice spicy hot tomato soup with 250ml cup of Coke Zero, to cut out the spicyness a bit mmmmmm!

I use a bit of very hot chillies crushed into my soups, thats why this can give me that temporary ice cold taste :)

Back