• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

zero point soup

Butternutsquash is my fav soup...

Cut up a butternutsquash, add a chopped red pepper, a chopped leek and veg stock (depends on size of bns, but enough to cover veg), bring to boil, simmer til veg is softened then blend. A nice creamy soup :)

Haven't frozen it in past, but don't see why you can't!
x

S: 14st13lb C: 14st7lb BMI: 30 Loss: 0st6lb(2.87%)
i put carrots and garlic in mine as well for a bit of extra oomph but like Sharon says it is gorgeous

Madferret

Mad as a Hatter
S: 12st10lb C: 12st10lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 27.9 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I did one with Carrots, leeks and curly Kale - absolutely gorgeous and brimming with iron...

Tracy

Curlz

Hiya Chucks!!
My fave at the mo is honey roast swede soup it has points but only the honey is pointed so its still very low...it is really nice,think i put the recipe on the recipe thread a while ago,have a look.:)

lucysmommy

Gold Member
S: 15st5lb C: 15st5lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 35.8 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
thanks ladies

i asked on the main WW forum and got laughed at!! wasnt offended right enough but another member had a right go at her lol

xx

Madferret

Mad as a Hatter
S: 12st10lb C: 12st10lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 27.9 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Don't know why you got laughed at ? it's a pretty regular question to ask

Tracy

lucysmommy

Gold Member
apparently thats why tho, cos everyone asks it lol

oh dear, she didnt need to reply

x

lucysmommy

Gold Member
thanks tracey

it wasnt on this board but the official weight watchers forum

i love it here everyone is very friendly

x

lydia150970

Gold Member
G: 10st7lb
Oh I stopped going on the official WW forum months before I moved to SW I found them quite an argumentative bunch!!

One of my favourites is Thai Butternut Squash - just fry in Frylight loads of BNS, carrot, onion, add a bit of garlic and a teaspoon or two of Thai 7 Spice, add stock, bring to the boil, simmer for 20 mins then puree - its hot but really lovely and freezes well. Theres a nice carrot and ginger WW recipe thats on the recipe thread somewhere thats gorgeous and yields loads.

Patchninja

S: 30kg C: 30kg G: 60kg BMI: 13 Loss: 0kg(0%)
Slice 2 leeks, grate 2 carrots and 2 courgettes and put in pan with 1.5 L stock. yum.
Another that I love is tomato. Cut 2 onions into 8 pieces, quarter about 8 tomatoes. Put in pan with 1.5 litres stock. Cook 15 mins, whizz up, sieve to get rid of the seeds and serve. Delish.

Paisley88

S: 14st8lb C: 13st0.5lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 29.5 Loss: 1st7.5lb(10.54%)
I fry onions and garlic in a little bit of olive oil - you could use fry light but i prefer olive oil, and it's split up throughout the recipe - so prob not that bad for you. Then add a chopped red pepper, sliced celery, butternut squash (that had, admitedly (sp?) gone a bit soft and a bag of chopped turnip and carrots then i added water and let it boil for a while - an hour or two maybe? Not quite sure how long as i went to the pub and got my mum to turn it off for me! ;)
It tasts really delicious - didn't bother to blend for 2 reasons.
1. I don't ahve a blender
2. The pieces are quite small and add a nice bit of texture.

Hope this helps. Xx

2bSlimmerMe

Keeping on going!! :o)
S: 15st1lb C: 12st4lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 27.8 Loss: 2st11lb(18.48%)
I made a sunshine soup today (did cheat a bit and cook my chicken in the same stock!)

Basically chopped squash, carrot, onion, yellow pepper and put into the chicken stock - Think I cooked it for about 20-25 mins. For last few mins added some lime juice and spinach. Blitz it, and was very yummy. Didn't last long enough to freeze.