Phase 1 today !

MinzieMoo

I'm 5ft 4 and weigh 15 stone 4lbs. I have tried weight watchers, slimming world, calorie counting and 5:2 and want something a little less restrictive and no weighing.
Today I shall be having

B - bacon and eggs
L - ham salad
T - trout with roasted corgettes, aubergines, red onion and peppers.

Just realised my meal plan for today doesn't include rice so I'm guna av veg risotto for lunch, recipe looks real nice with tomato, onion, rice, garlic, chilli, asparagus, sweet corn and stock can't wait. I'm actually excited and eating on this diet and not stuffing my face with crisps and chocolate !
Iv got the bacon under the grill as we speak (don't fancy it with olive oil but ill dry my eggs in it .

Nice one sounds good :)

The bloody risotto is still cooking after an hour :( not sure ill be bothered to cook this again but smells good !

image-1720731019.jpg
Today's breakfast

Hi you sound the same as me, I've been trying everything good luck on your journey x

Looking good MinzieMoo:)

Wishing you all the best on your weight loss journey!

Thanks mini :) am feelin very positive and no hunger pangs or cravings as of yet

Thanks leshrew, are u on harcombe too ?

image-3171481181.jpg

Late lunch of brown rice risotto with tomato, asparagus and sweet corn.

Yeh today's my first day, my oh was shocked I was starting today as I LOVE red wine and can't believe ill manage over the weekend without any!

Well it took over an hour for the rice to become like risotto (the recipe said quick brown rice is quicker but note sure if its harcombe friendly) . As it took so long I had to use a lot of stock (I used chicken) so it had quite a strong taste so next time I'd prob use veg stock but It was nice

Yeh today's my first day, my oh was shocked I was starting today as I LOVE red wine and can't believe ill manage over the weekend without any!

Well it took over an hour for the rice to become like risotto (the recipe said quick brown rice is quicker but note sure if its harcombe friendly) . As it took so long I had to use a lot of stock (I used chicken) so it had quite a strong taste so next time I'd prob use veg stock but It was nice

I find that when I try a new recipe it can take a bit of tweaking to get it right. OH usually says when all else fails...read the recipe:p

I have never done the Harcombe diet and don't really know much about it other than Phase 1 is like a detox... so I will be reading here to see how you get on.

A few people have said its like a detox, think my body needs it to be honest ! I'm also quitting smoking tomorrow so wil be a full on detox !

Just put my lo to bed and keep having to resist the urge to go pour myself a large glass of red :(

Last night due to been bored and craving wine, tad hungry I ended up having two boiled eggs, is not had my nly yesterday so ill make sure I have it today.
I'm also having rice milk with my tea, I'm going to buy almond milk next time as on the hd forum Zoe had said its better and allowed (only having one to two a day with decaff.

Day 2
Not had breakfast yet as not hungry and got the school run to do, may have porridge today .

So I lapsed tonight by pouring a glass of wine, but i had 2 sips and decided against it and now on sparkling water.
For lunch I had ham salad and lamb in lime, garlic, pepper and chilli with roasted veg.
Iv just snacked on a few raspberrys too :/

So I lapsed tonight by pouring a glass of wine, but i had 2 sips and decided against it and now on sparkling water.
For lunch I had ham salad and lamb in lime, garlic, pepper and chilli with roasted veg.
Iv just snacked on a few raspberrys too :/

Well done on your will power!

Good luck with giving up smoking...I did it sixteen years ago after many failed attempts and it was the best thing I ever did...I think you are right going on a diet at the same time...this is what my sister did and she never gained any weight.

Well done your doing well, I'm doing Patrick holfords GL diet to be honest its pretty similar to this one I had a look on the internet and not a lot of difference in them.

Well done on your will power!

Good luck with giving up smoking...I did it sixteen years ago after many failed attempts and it was the best thing I ever did...I think you are right going on a diet at the same time...this is what my sister did and she never gained any weight.

Thanks , I have a holiday in August and the months of not losing weight keep flying past so think that's what's spurring me on! It's now of never kinda thing

Back