Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: No Gallbladder - need some reassurance...?

  1. #1
    Regular Member

    Join Date
    28th May, 2014
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    1

    No Gallbladder - need some reassurance...?

    Hey,

    I'm hoping to start losing 3 stone, in fact I've already started, however, I continue t read scare stories ALL over the net that if you have no longer got your gall bladder, then you can no longer lose weight? Is this true? I had mine out back in 2011, and ironically, that's when I started to slowly creep from 9st 12lb, to my current 11st 11lb. I won't lie, I've ate absolute rubbish during this time, so I'm not solely placing 100% blame on the gallbladder theory (!) but I've been eating exceptionally well now for two weeks, and instead of losing, I've gained a pound

    Has anybody without their gall bladder managed t still lose weight, no matter what diet or plan???

    Cx
    Current Weight - 11st 11lb
    Target Weight - 9st 6lb

  2. #2
    Really Really likes to post!
    half century
    LauraLooLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    12th April, 2012
    Posts
    1,491
    Rep Power
    57
    Height: 5ft4in
    Start Date: 20/03/12
    Start Weight: 15st0lb
    Current Weight: 10st0lb
    Goal Weight: 9st13lb
    Goal Date: 30th November 2013


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 36
    Current BMI: 24
    Goal BMI: 23.9


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 5st0lb
    Weight to Lose: 0st1lb
    % Lost 33.33%
    Quote Originally Posted by ScouseBird83 View Post
    Hey,

    I'm hoping to start losing 3 stone, in fact I've already started, however, I continue t read scare stories ALL over the net that if you have no longer got your gall bladder, then you can no longer lose weight? Is this true? I had mine out back in 2011, and ironically, that's when I started to slowly creep from 9st 12lb, to my current 11st 11lb. I won't lie, I've ate absolute rubbish during this time, so I'm not solely placing 100% blame on the gallbladder theory (!) but I've been eating exceptionally well now for two weeks, and instead of losing, I've gained a pound

    Has anybody without their gall bladder managed t still lose weight, no matter what diet or plan???

    Cx
    Hiya, I'm gallbladder-less and lost and maintained the loss fine. I had mine out about half way through losing 5 stone, it was actually losing weight that brought on the stones I don't know why I'm laughing, it was horrendous at the time!
    So many other factors could be attributed to the 1lb gain, all you can do is stick with it and hope a huge loss catches up with you soon.
    Good luck
    Laura x
    Original goal: 15st - 10st 10lbs. 60lbs GONE!!! (20/03/2012-17/11/2012)
    Lost 67lbs...now for maintenance!!!


    Back with a new goal: 9st 13lbs by Novemeber 30th 2013!!










  3. #3
    Regular Member

    Join Date
    28th May, 2014
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    1
    Hey Laura

    That's very reassuring to hear (or read!), thank you! And HUGE congrats on your weight loss so far, that's a real inspiration!

    I know, gall stones are horrendous aren't they?! I believe mine were due to pregnancy, as I'd had my second son late 2010, and developed them few months later (Christmas!) Most painful thing ever!! Give me child labour over that pain any day!

    Can I ask what diet you follow hun? x
    Current Weight - 11st 11lb
    Target Weight - 9st 6lb

  4. #4
    Forum Master
    maintainer
    century club

    TracyGWill's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th September, 2011
    Location
    North Staffordshire
    Posts
    3,815
    Rep Power
    199
    Diet: Calorie Counting
    Height: 5ft8in
    Start Date: 01/08/2011
    Start Weight: 21st7lb
    Current Weight: 10st13lb
    Goal Weight: 11st7lb
    Goal Date: 24/02/2014


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 45.8
    Current BMI: 23.3
    Goal BMI: 24.5


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 10st8lb
    Weight to Lose: -0st8lb
    % Lost 49.17%
    Hiya! Don't listen to those scare stories, it's not true. As with Laura, I was already losing weight when I had my gallbladder out - I'd gone from 21.5 stone to 12st 5lbs at the time of the op, and like Laura the weight loss was no doubt responsible for the gallstones. Since the operation I've continued to lose weight, and this morning I was 11st 1lb, which is below my target. Obviously my losses have slowed down because I'm at target, but I did get to target without a gallbladder. You can absolutely do it! xx

  5. #5
    Regular Member

    Join Date
    28th May, 2014
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    1
    Wow, Tracy, that's great, well done you!! And thank you so much for your reassurance too, I'm definitely feeling much better about things now!

    Did you just lose all that through calorie counting? Or did you exercise as well / diet etc?[

    x

    QUOTE=TracyGWill;7331122]Hiya! Don't listen to those scare stories, it's not true. As with Laura, I was already losing weight when I had my gallbladder out - I'd gone from 21.5 stone to 12st 5lbs at the time of the op, and like Laura the weight loss was no doubt responsible for the gallstones. Since the operation I've continued to lose weight, and this morning I was 11st 1lb, which is below my target. Obviously my losses have slowed down because I'm at target, but I did get to target without a gallbladder. You can absolutely do it! xx[/QUOTE]
    Current Weight - 11st 11lb
    Target Weight - 9st 6lb

  6. #6
    Forum Master
    maintainer
    century club

    TracyGWill's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th September, 2011
    Location
    North Staffordshire
    Posts
    3,815
    Rep Power
    199
    Diet: Calorie Counting
    Height: 5ft8in
    Start Date: 01/08/2011
    Start Weight: 21st7lb
    Current Weight: 10st13lb
    Goal Weight: 11st7lb
    Goal Date: 24/02/2014


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 45.8
    Current BMI: 23.3
    Goal BMI: 24.5


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 10st8lb
    Weight to Lose: -0st8lb
    % Lost 49.17%
    Quote Originally Posted by ScouseBird83
    Wow, Tracy, that's great, well done you!! And thank you so much for your reassurance too, I'm definitely feeling much better about things now!

    Did you just lose all that through calorie counting? Or did you exercise as well / diet etc?[

    x

    QUOTE=TracyGWill;7331122]Hiya! Don't listen to those scare stories, it's not true. As with Laura, I was already losing weight when I had my gallbladder out - I'd gone from 21.5 stone to 12st 5lbs at the time of the op, and like Laura the weight loss was no doubt responsible for the gallstones. Since the operation I've continued to lose weight, and this morning I was 11st 1lb, which is below my target. Obviously my losses have slowed down because I'm at target, but I did get to target without a gallbladder. You can absolutely do it! xx
    [/QUOTE]

    Thanks hon, that's very kind. Yes, just calorie counting, no exercise as I have a number of health issues. You can do it! xx

  7. #7
    Really Really likes to post!
    half century
    LauraLooLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    12th April, 2012
    Posts
    1,491
    Rep Power
    57
    Height: 5ft4in
    Start Date: 20/03/12
    Start Weight: 15st0lb
    Current Weight: 10st0lb
    Goal Weight: 9st13lb
    Goal Date: 30th November 2013


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 36
    Current BMI: 24
    Goal BMI: 23.9


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 5st0lb
    Weight to Lose: 0st1lb
    % Lost 33.33%
    Quote Originally Posted by ScouseBird83 View Post
    Hey Laura

    That's very reassuring to hear (or read!), thank you! And HUGE congrats on your weight loss so far, that's a real inspiration!

    I know, gall stones are horrendous aren't they?! I believe mine were due to pregnancy, as I'd had my second son late 2010, and developed them few months later (Christmas!) Most painful thing ever!! Give me child labour over that pain any day!

    Can I ask what diet you follow hun? x
    Thanks
    I did mostly calorie counting, a few weeks on a VLCD, a bit of fasting...but nearly always back to CC.
    Although right now I'm on the pregnancy piggery diet
    I'm hoping you're right about the labour pains over gall stone pain thing. Ha ha! X
    Laura x
    Original goal: 15st - 10st 10lbs. 60lbs GONE!!! (20/03/2012-17/11/2012)
    Lost 67lbs...now for maintenance!!!


    Back with a new goal: 9st 13lbs by Novemeber 30th 2013!!










  8. #8
    Really Really likes to post!
    half century
    LauraLooLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    12th April, 2012
    Posts
    1,491
    Rep Power
    57
    Height: 5ft4in
    Start Date: 20/03/12
    Start Weight: 15st0lb
    Current Weight: 10st0lb
    Goal Weight: 9st13lb
    Goal Date: 30th November 2013


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 36
    Current BMI: 24
    Goal BMI: 23.9


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 5st0lb
    Weight to Lose: 0st1lb
    % Lost 33.33%
    Ps. Awesome loss Tracy!!
    Laura x
    Original goal: 15st - 10st 10lbs. 60lbs GONE!!! (20/03/2012-17/11/2012)
    Lost 67lbs...now for maintenance!!!


    Back with a new goal: 9st 13lbs by Novemeber 30th 2013!!










  9. #9
    Forum Master
    maintainer
    century club

    TracyGWill's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th September, 2011
    Location
    North Staffordshire
    Posts
    3,815
    Rep Power
    199
    Diet: Calorie Counting
    Height: 5ft8in
    Start Date: 01/08/2011
    Start Weight: 21st7lb
    Current Weight: 10st13lb
    Goal Weight: 11st7lb
    Goal Date: 24/02/2014


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 45.8
    Current BMI: 23.3
    Goal BMI: 24.5


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 10st8lb
    Weight to Lose: -0st8lb
    % Lost 49.17%
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraLooLa
    Ps. Awesome loss Tracy!!
    Aw, thanks, you too! I hope your pregnancy's going well. xx

  10. #10
    Likes to post

    Join Date
    22nd January, 2009
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    673
    Rep Power
    87
    Diet: calorie counting using My fitness Pal
    Height: 5ft9in
    Start Date: 23/02/2014
    Start Weight: 254lb
    Current Weight: 231lb
    Goal Weight: 149lb
    Goal Date: summer 2015!!!


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 37.5
    Current BMI: 34.1
    Goal BMI: 22


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 23lb
    Weight to Lose: 82lb
    % Lost 9.06%
    why does losing weight cause you to have stones?







    1 stone 2lbs lost with SW


    1 stone lost with CC - achieved
    2 stones lost with cc -
    3 stones lost with cc -
    4 stones lost with cc -
















  11. #11
    Forum Master
    maintainer
    century club

    TracyGWill's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th September, 2011
    Location
    North Staffordshire
    Posts
    3,815
    Rep Power
    199
    Diet: Calorie Counting
    Height: 5ft8in
    Start Date: 01/08/2011
    Start Weight: 21st7lb
    Current Weight: 10st13lb
    Goal Weight: 11st7lb
    Goal Date: 24/02/2014


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 45.8
    Current BMI: 23.3
    Goal BMI: 24.5


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 10st8lb
    Weight to Lose: -0st8lb
    % Lost 49.17%
    Quote Originally Posted by not_lar_croft View Post
    why does losing weight cause you to have stones?
    http://womenshealth.about.com/cs/gal...gallston_2.htm

    It does seem to be very common from what I've read since having problems - you're overweight, you get them, you lose weight, you still get them, ho hum. xx
    not_lar_croft likes this.

  12. #12
    Regular Member

    Join Date
    28th May, 2014
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    1
    I was a size 10 when I got them and didn't really have a high fat diet, I didn't fit the 'usual profile' of the typical patient, so was told mine were most probably caused by my second pregnancy (he was born in Sept, I developed the attacks in December) x

    Sent from my C6603 using MiniMins.com mobile app
    Current Weight - 11st 11lb
    Target Weight - 9st 6lb

  13. #13
    Regular Member

    Join Date
    28th May, 2014
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    1
    Guys, I'm really gutted and deflated

    After 3 weeks of SW recipes, great food control etc (exception of gravy & chips from chippy), I've not gained, but NOT lost, I'm STILL the same How can this be? I feel and look lighter, clothes feel looser, but scales stuck on 11st 11lb (different scales too, used 3 diff Boots now) :-(

    Therefore I'm back to my gallbladder theory :-(

    Anyone else without their gallbladder wish to come reassure me with success stories?

    Gave up completely today and ate 3 bowls of ice cream for b/fast, thinking 'what's the point'? :,(

    Sent from my C6603 using MiniMins.com mobile app
    Current Weight - 11st 11lb
    Target Weight - 9st 6lb

  14. #14
    Forum Master
    maintainer
    century club

    TracyGWill's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th September, 2011
    Location
    North Staffordshire
    Posts
    3,815
    Rep Power
    199
    Diet: Calorie Counting
    Height: 5ft8in
    Start Date: 01/08/2011
    Start Weight: 21st7lb
    Current Weight: 10st13lb
    Goal Weight: 11st7lb
    Goal Date: 24/02/2014


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 45.8
    Current BMI: 23.3
    Goal BMI: 24.5


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 10st8lb
    Weight to Lose: -0st8lb
    % Lost 49.17%
    I don't know much about Slimming World, but maybe you should try counting your calories for a week or so, to see whether that might be the answer? xx

  15. #15
    Regular Member

    Join Date
    28th May, 2014
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    1
    Tracy I've been doing both! I decided to incorporate the CC as I was wary of SW and being able to eat that much! Not been exceeding 1200, and if I have the odd day, it's still not exceeded 1300 :-( Feel lost now x

    Sent from my C6603 using MiniMins.com mobile app
    Current Weight - 11st 11lb
    Target Weight - 9st 6lb

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.