Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Munchkin's Diary!

  1. #1
    Member
    half century

    Join Date
    21st November, 2014
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Diet: Exante Total Solution
    Height: 4ft11in
    Start Date: 13/11/2014
    Start Weight: 189lb
    Current Weight: 177lb
    Goal Weight: 116lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 38.2
    Current BMI: 35.7
    Goal BMI: 23.4


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 12lb
    Weight to Lose: 61lb
    % Lost 6.35%

    Munchkin's Diary!

    Here goes.. what will hopefully be my final weight loss story!

    I will be turning 26 later this year which will be 10 years since going to university and 10 years since I last worse anything with a size 10 label. I was a size 10 with a slight muffin top and just generally "soft". At that age I considered myself fat, now I would do anything to look like that again. I've decided that 10 years of weight gaining and losing and gaining and losing (more gaining than losing really!) is over, I am going to loose this weight and then make sure I keep it off.

    At uni I gave lighterlifer a shot and lost a few stone getting back down to a size 12 but it was so expensive and I couldn't afford to keep going so I never made it through maintenance. The weight crept on thanks to the lack of exercise, takeaway food, drunken munchies from the chip shop and just a really unhealthy diet. I know my problem is using food as a reward system and generally thinking of food ALL the time. A weekend away wasn't so much about the destination, it was the sweets in the car, the pastries from the garage, going out for dinner (I always pick the unhealthiest options and devour it all). I started to realise my problems as time went on and make changes to sort it out... that's when I discovered my next problem!

    I want to loose weight and I want it gone now. Increasing my exercise and eating healthier (still not great, just better than before), was taking ages. I'd give it a couple weeks, see only a small change and think screw it, what's the point on missing out on x,y and z for just that.

    I chose Exante Total Solution because I read peoples post's on here and saw the weight loss trackers - WOW! I'm hoping I'll find it hard to be demotivated if I'm seeing weekly losses of a few lbs at a time.

    So this is the start of my final weight loss journey. I started just over a week ago at 189.4lbs (on a 4ft11 frame that is a lot of weight!). I lost 8.6lbs last week bringing me to 180.8lbs when I weighed in on Thursday.

    I'm slightly nervous about this week's weigh in as at the weekend I was away and was expected to have dinner with people I'm not comfortable with enough to explain I'm dieting, particularly one where I don't eat conventional food. I tried to behave though and didn't eat in the car down, resisted anything from the garage when we stopped for fuel and chose a burger without the bun with no chips, just salad. Sunday I had no choice and was presented a chicken casserole, I just ate the chicken and veg and hoped no one would ask why I didn't eat the potatoes! I'm hoping I'm still in ketosis and haven't ruined this week's loss. I'm very tempted to jump on the scales tonight and sneak a peek!

    I'm going to try and update this as I go along to track my progress. I've not kept a diary before so we'll see!
    Week 1 - 2 Lost 12.6lbs
    Week 3 - Lost 4.4lbs
    Week 4 - Current

    Mini-Goals
    Get into 12's - Achieved 20/11/2014
    Get BMI <30
    Wear size 14

  2. #2
    Likes to post
    Jenjeanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    6th October, 2014
    Location
    Fife
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    2
    Diet: Exante
    Height: 5ft7in
    Start Date: 04/10/14
    Start Weight: 15st11lb
    Current Weight: 13st2.5lb
    Goal Weight: 11st0lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 34.6
    Current BMI: 28.9
    Goal BMI: 24.1


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 2st8.5lb
    Weight to Lose: 2st2.5lb
    % Lost 16.52%
    Hi, well done on the first week's loss, I'm sure you'll be fine this week too
    Pre pregnancy weight - 17st0lb (Sept 13)
    followed slimming world until GD diagnosis
    weight at 39 weeks - 17st7lb (May 14)

  3. #3
    Criminology Student
    SheridanLM91's Avatar
    Join Date
    30th August, 2013
    Location
    Basingstoke, Hampshire
    Posts
    918
    Rep Power
    49
    Diet: Exante TS
    Height: 5ft3in
    Start Date: 30/09/2014
    Start Weight: 14st5.2lb
    Current Weight: 11st11.3lb
    Goal Weight: 11st12lb
    Goal Date: 31/12/2014


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 35.6
    Current BMI: 29.3
    Goal BMI: 29.4


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 2st7.9lb
    Weight to Lose: -0st0.7lb
    % Lost 17.84%
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin88 View Post
    Here goes.. what will hopefully be my final weight loss story! I will be turning 26 later this year which will be 10 years since going to university and 10 years since I last worse anything with a size 10 label. I was a size 10 with a slight muffin top and just generally "soft". At that age I considered myself fat, now I would do anything to look like that again. I've decided that 10 years of weight gaining and losing and gaining and losing (more gaining than losing really!) is over, I am going to loose this weight and then make sure I keep it off. At uni I gave lighterlifer a shot and lost a few stone getting back down to a size 12 but it was so expensive and I couldn't afford to keep going so I never made it through maintenance. The weight crept on thanks to the lack of exercise, takeaway food, drunken munchies from the chip shop and just a really unhealthy diet. I know my problem is using food as a reward system and generally thinking of food ALL the time. A weekend away wasn't so much about the destination, it was the sweets in the car, the pastries from the garage, going out for dinner (I always pick the unhealthiest options and devour it all). I started to realise my problems as time went on and make changes to sort it out... that's when I discovered my next problem! I want to loose weight and I want it gone now. Increasing my exercise and eating healthier (still not great, just better than before), was taking ages. I'd give it a couple weeks, see only a small change and think screw it, what's the point on missing out on x,y and z for just that. I chose Exante Total Solution because I read peoples post's on here and saw the weight loss trackers - WOW! I'm hoping I'll find it hard to be demotivated if I'm seeing weekly losses of a few lbs at a time. So this is the start of my final weight loss journey. I started just over a week ago at 189.4lbs (on a 4ft11 frame that is a lot of weight!). I lost 8.6lbs last week bringing me to 180.8lbs when I weighed in on Thursday. I'm slightly nervous about this week's weigh in as at the weekend I was away and was expected to have dinner with people I'm not comfortable with enough to explain I'm dieting, particularly one where I don't eat conventional food. I tried to behave though and didn't eat in the car down, resisted anything from the garage when we stopped for fuel and chose a burger without the bun with no chips, just salad. Sunday I had no choice and was presented a chicken casserole, I just ate the chicken and veg and hoped no one would ask why I didn't eat the potatoes! I'm hoping I'm still in ketosis and haven't ruined this week's loss. I'm very tempted to jump on the scales tonight and sneak a peek! I'm going to try and update this as I go along to track my progress. I've not kept a diary before so we'll see!
    Hi Munchkin!

    Welcome to the Exante forum and well done for surviving the first week! I think you made sensible choices at the weekend - I have only told a select few people I'm on a diet.

    I agree about the weight loss being motivating - it's really kept me going seeing a loss happening.
    Sounds like you have some goals that you can tick off along the way, I always find it helps writing them down and setting all my apps and tickers to the mini goals instead of the ultimate goal - so much more satisfying in my opinion.

    Good luck and fingers crossed for a good amount for your week 2 weigh in. :-)

    SW: 14st 10lb (02/05/2014) Restart Weight - 14st 5.2lbs (30/09/2014)

    Week 1-4 (-12.5lbs)

    Week 5-8 (-15.7lbs)
    Week 9 - (-1.7lbs)
    Week 10 - (-3.1lbs)
    Week 11 - (-2.4lbs)
    Week 12 -

    BMI goals

    BMI 29.9 (Overweight) - 12st 1lb (06/12/2014)
    BMI 25 (Normal) - 10st 1lb (1st 10.8lbs to go)

    Mini Goals


    Mini goal 1 - to have lost a total of 2st 7lb by end of December. (11st 12lbs) (Achieved - 16/12/2014)

    Mini goal 2 - to have lost a total of 3st for my 100 day challenge (11st 5lbs)

    Mini goal 3 - to fit into a size 14 dress/jeans (I don't know weight I would be for this to happen)


    Mini goal 4 - to have lost a total of 4st by end of February (10st 5lbs)

    Mini goal 5 - to have lost a total of 4st 7lbs by future sister in law's hen do 20/03/2015 (9st 12lbs)


    Mini goal 6 - to have lost a total of 5st by brother's wedding 17/05/2015 (9st 5lbs)

    Mini goal 7 - to have maintained weight between 9st 5lbs-9st 10lbs for 1 year wedding anniversary 06/06/2015


    Mini goal 8 - to have maintained weight loss and be at no more than 9st 7lb for graduation October 2015.

  4. #4
    Member
    half century

    Join Date
    21st November, 2014
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Diet: Exante Total Solution
    Height: 4ft11in
    Start Date: 13/11/2014
    Start Weight: 189lb
    Current Weight: 177lb
    Goal Weight: 116lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 38.2
    Current BMI: 35.7
    Goal BMI: 23.4


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 12lb
    Weight to Lose: 61lb
    % Lost 6.35%
    Quote Originally Posted by SheridanLM91 View Post
    Hi Munchkin!

    Welcome to the Exante forum and well done for surviving the first week! I think you made sensible choices at the weekend - I have only told a select few people I'm on a diet.

    I agree about the weight loss being motivating - it's really kept me going seeing a loss happening.
    Sounds like you have some goals that you can tick off along the way, I always find it helps writing them down and setting all my apps and tickers to the mini goals instead of the ultimate goal - so much more satisfying in my opinion.

    Good luck and fingers crossed for a good amount for your week 2 weigh in. :-)
    Hi Sheridan! Thanks for the tip, I've added mini goals to my signature now - they look much more achievable than the 70lb total loss I need to get to target. Such a daunting thought! Can't wait to check off some more min-goals

    Well done on your losses - 2st in 2 months, that's excellent!
    Week 1 - 2 Lost 12.6lbs
    Week 3 - Lost 4.4lbs
    Week 4 - Current

    Mini-Goals
    Get into 12's - Achieved 20/11/2014
    Get BMI <30
    Wear size 14

  5. #5
    Member
    half century

    Join Date
    21st November, 2014
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Diet: Exante Total Solution
    Height: 4ft11in
    Start Date: 13/11/2014
    Start Weight: 189lb
    Current Weight: 177lb
    Goal Weight: 116lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 38.2
    Current BMI: 35.7
    Goal BMI: 23.4


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 12lb
    Weight to Lose: 61lb
    % Lost 6.35%
    Had my week 2 weigh-in this morning and that's another 4lbs gone! I love this diet!!

    I was nervous because after the weekend, I thought I'd have sabotaged my weight loss. I think the reason I've still lost might be because I've been feeling pretty crappy this week, sore throat and can barely swallow so I've missed a few packs in the last couple days. The joys of Winter and it's bugs!
    Week 1 - 2 Lost 12.6lbs
    Week 3 - Lost 4.4lbs
    Week 4 - Current

    Mini-Goals
    Get into 12's - Achieved 20/11/2014
    Get BMI <30
    Wear size 14

  6. #6
    Criminology Student
    SheridanLM91's Avatar
    Join Date
    30th August, 2013
    Location
    Basingstoke, Hampshire
    Posts
    918
    Rep Power
    49
    Diet: Exante TS
    Height: 5ft3in
    Start Date: 30/09/2014
    Start Weight: 14st5.2lb
    Current Weight: 11st11.3lb
    Goal Weight: 11st12lb
    Goal Date: 31/12/2014


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 35.6
    Current BMI: 29.3
    Goal BMI: 29.4


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 2st7.9lb
    Weight to Lose: -0st0.7lb
    % Lost 17.84%
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin88 View Post
    Hi Sheridan! Thanks for the tip, I've added mini goals to my signature now - they look much more achievable than the 70lb total loss I need to get to target. Such a daunting thought! Can't wait to check off some more min-goals Well done on your losses - 2st in 2 months, that's excellent!
    Thanks munchkin!

    I'm dying to tick some off but I want to be definitely there before I do not bobbing up and down. It's felt like forever getting to this point but not I realised how short a time it's been!

    We have about the same amount to lose! I have a total of 71lbs to lose to get to my happy place. :-)

    SW: 14st 10lb (02/05/2014) Restart Weight - 14st 5.2lbs (30/09/2014)

    Week 1-4 (-12.5lbs)

    Week 5-8 (-15.7lbs)
    Week 9 - (-1.7lbs)
    Week 10 - (-3.1lbs)
    Week 11 - (-2.4lbs)
    Week 12 -

    BMI goals

    BMI 29.9 (Overweight) - 12st 1lb (06/12/2014)
    BMI 25 (Normal) - 10st 1lb (1st 10.8lbs to go)

    Mini Goals


    Mini goal 1 - to have lost a total of 2st 7lb by end of December. (11st 12lbs) (Achieved - 16/12/2014)

    Mini goal 2 - to have lost a total of 3st for my 100 day challenge (11st 5lbs)

    Mini goal 3 - to fit into a size 14 dress/jeans (I don't know weight I would be for this to happen)


    Mini goal 4 - to have lost a total of 4st by end of February (10st 5lbs)

    Mini goal 5 - to have lost a total of 4st 7lbs by future sister in law's hen do 20/03/2015 (9st 12lbs)


    Mini goal 6 - to have lost a total of 5st by brother's wedding 17/05/2015 (9st 5lbs)

    Mini goal 7 - to have maintained weight between 9st 5lbs-9st 10lbs for 1 year wedding anniversary 06/06/2015


    Mini goal 8 - to have maintained weight loss and be at no more than 9st 7lb for graduation October 2015.

  7. #7
    Criminology Student
    SheridanLM91's Avatar
    Join Date
    30th August, 2013
    Location
    Basingstoke, Hampshire
    Posts
    918
    Rep Power
    49
    Diet: Exante TS
    Height: 5ft3in
    Start Date: 30/09/2014
    Start Weight: 14st5.2lb
    Current Weight: 11st11.3lb
    Goal Weight: 11st12lb
    Goal Date: 31/12/2014


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 35.6
    Current BMI: 29.3
    Goal BMI: 29.4


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 2st7.9lb
    Weight to Lose: -0st0.7lb
    % Lost 17.84%
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin88 View Post
    Had my week 2 weigh-in this morning and that's another 4lbs gone! I love this diet!! I was nervous because after the weekend, I thought I'd have sabotaged my weight loss. I think the reason I've still lost might be because I've been feeling pretty crappy this week, sore throat and can barely swallow so I've missed a few packs in the last couple days. The joys of Winter and it's bugs!
    Really well done on your loss that's great, bring on week 3

    SW: 14st 10lb (02/05/2014) Restart Weight - 14st 5.2lbs (30/09/2014)

    Week 1-4 (-12.5lbs)

    Week 5-8 (-15.7lbs)
    Week 9 - (-1.7lbs)
    Week 10 - (-3.1lbs)
    Week 11 - (-2.4lbs)
    Week 12 -

    BMI goals

    BMI 29.9 (Overweight) - 12st 1lb (06/12/2014)
    BMI 25 (Normal) - 10st 1lb (1st 10.8lbs to go)

    Mini Goals


    Mini goal 1 - to have lost a total of 2st 7lb by end of December. (11st 12lbs) (Achieved - 16/12/2014)

    Mini goal 2 - to have lost a total of 3st for my 100 day challenge (11st 5lbs)

    Mini goal 3 - to fit into a size 14 dress/jeans (I don't know weight I would be for this to happen)


    Mini goal 4 - to have lost a total of 4st by end of February (10st 5lbs)

    Mini goal 5 - to have lost a total of 4st 7lbs by future sister in law's hen do 20/03/2015 (9st 12lbs)


    Mini goal 6 - to have lost a total of 5st by brother's wedding 17/05/2015 (9st 5lbs)

    Mini goal 7 - to have maintained weight between 9st 5lbs-9st 10lbs for 1 year wedding anniversary 06/06/2015


    Mini goal 8 - to have maintained weight loss and be at no more than 9st 7lb for graduation October 2015.

  8. #8
    Im always here!
    Susie58's Avatar
    Join Date
    27th February, 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,610
    Rep Power
    115
    Diet: Exante TS
    Height: 5ft3in
    Start Date: 01.01.2014
    Start Weight: 15st7lb
    Current Weight: 14st9lb
    Goal Weight: 9st7lb
    Goal Date: May 2015


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 38.4
    Current BMI: 36.3
    Goal BMI: 23.6


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 0st12lb
    Weight to Lose: 5st2lb
    % Lost 5.53%
    Well done Munchkin, brilliant loss x
    RESTART 10.11.2014

    Loss this week +6lb loss so far 4lb

    Target loss by 2nd February 12st 7lb

    Average loss needed for holiday target 3.75lb



    Week 1
    week 2
    week 3
    week 4
    week 5
    week 6
    week 7
    week 8
    Sri Lanka holiday

    ----------------------------****************************---------------------------



















  9. #9
    Member
    half century

    Join Date
    21st November, 2014
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Diet: Exante Total Solution
    Height: 4ft11in
    Start Date: 13/11/2014
    Start Weight: 189lb
    Current Weight: 177lb
    Goal Weight: 116lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 38.2
    Current BMI: 35.7
    Goal BMI: 23.4


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 12lb
    Weight to Lose: 61lb
    % Lost 6.35%
    Thanks!

    This week I attempted exercise for the first time since starting Exante. I'd been playing badminton about once a week prior to starting. I was always struggling fitness wise to keep it up for the full hour beforehand but on Sunday I only lasted the 45 mins and it was a tough 45mins. Not sure if it was because of the diet or if it was just because it had been a few weeks since I last played. I'm hoping as I shift the weight I might get better, at least be able to move a bit quicker - I've yet to win a game, my boyfriend does go easy on me but not enough to actually win!

    Monday and Tuesday I felt really light headed all day, Monday was definitely the worst, I daren't stand up quickly at all and I was really struggling to focus. I'm not sure if this was the diet, the exercise the day before or because it was TOTM, it was theworst I've had for a long time . By Tuesday I caved in, I made a small omelette with some chicken and cheese. Surprisingly I only ate half of it because I was full. I then spent yesterday being angry at myself because I cheated and dreading the weigh in today.

    Good news is I lost 4.4lbs which I am over the moon about, it takes my total to 17lbs which is my first stone gone. Unfortunately there's about 4 more still left to go! I'm hoping to keep up this kind of loss but unfortunately December is a minefield. This weekend I have friends coming to say and we're going out for dinner on Saturday. I've agreed to dinner (going to avoid carbs and try to make good choices) and I've already warned them I won't be drinking. I'm guessing ketosis and alcohol isn't a great combination, that and I know as soon as I'm drunk I'll be sniffing out the nearest pie shop/chippy/kebab joint!

    The following week is the obligatory work christmas party which isn't so much a party as a sit-down dinner for which we have to order in advance so there would be no disguising I'm not eating. At work we get pizza ordered for us every Friday so it's already been noted I'm not eating the pizza anymore. Needless to say I'm not trying to explain Exante and that to my colleagues. They haven't said anything since but I'm going to have the meal to avoid any more discussion on my diet and the fact work have already paid for it. I've tried to select good choices, i.e smoked salmon starter and lamb with Xmas trimmings (I'll avoid the delicious fluffy duck fat roasties and stick to some veg). It is also my birthday that weekend which means going to meet the family for dinner. I've got my mum started on the diet too and my folks agree I need to lose weight so they won't mind that I'm not eating.

    And then the next week is Xmas which is going to be super tough!

    Does anyone have experience on how a meal out effected their weight loss for that week or recommendations on things I really must avoid?
    Week 1 - 2 Lost 12.6lbs
    Week 3 - Lost 4.4lbs
    Week 4 - Current

    Mini-Goals
    Get into 12's - Achieved 20/11/2014
    Get BMI <30
    Wear size 14

  10. #10
    Im always here!
    Susie58's Avatar
    Join Date
    27th February, 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,610
    Rep Power
    115
    Diet: Exante TS
    Height: 5ft3in
    Start Date: 01.01.2014
    Start Weight: 15st7lb
    Current Weight: 14st9lb
    Goal Weight: 9st7lb
    Goal Date: May 2015


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 38.4
    Current BMI: 36.3
    Goal BMI: 23.6


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 0st12lb
    Weight to Lose: 5st2lb
    % Lost 5.53%
    Meals can't be avoided at this time of year especially when you have a Birthday to celebrate too.. Best to stick to low carb food & get straight back on track as soon as you plan to which is often my downfall. Often my one day off ends up being a lot longer than planned.

    Its not advisable to drink alcohol while in ketosis. There is a thread on the Exante forum that's useful to read. x
    RESTART 10.11.2014

    Loss this week +6lb loss so far 4lb

    Target loss by 2nd February 12st 7lb

    Average loss needed for holiday target 3.75lb



    Week 1
    week 2
    week 3
    week 4
    week 5
    week 6
    week 7
    week 8
    Sri Lanka holiday

    ----------------------------****************************---------------------------























Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.