Starting a VLCD for good this time!

Yoyobunny

Right.. so where do I start!! I have lost weight before through healthy diet and exercise unfortunately life took a turn and a lot has happened… covid, working remote! You name it!! And now I have become lazy and not as active as I was because of all this.. keep saying to myself I will become healthy again and be a healthy BMI but noooope, I say it then never start!! I always find a temptation or an excuse. But no more!! I hope!! So here is my journal on my journey to a VLCD. I’ve read and seen all the benefits of this, it’s essentially like fasting which is supposed to be really good for your body so yess I am starting this. I did do it 5 months ago and lost 20kg however my old eating habits crept in again and I gained back 10kg… :( however I’m not going to let that stop me! Still 10kg down from what I was so I am going to continue and hopefully reach my goal weight whoch is i dont know what? I have no idea, some websites tell me its 47kg-63kg some tell me 57kg? I don’t even know, I just want to get to 60kg first (I am currently 82kg). So my goal for now is just getting to 60kg! Whether I stop there or not I do not know at all, i don’t remember what I weighed when I was healthier as I was never fixated on the scale as I am now! So yess just an idea at the moment I think I was around 60 something so that is what I am aiming for!! Wish me luck!! Also anyone else who wants to start this tooo feel free to comment, I am hopefully going to do daily check ins to ensure I am on track! Also as a daily reward I’ve brought myself an advent calendar >_< I knoowww how funny but I love love chocolates and I am hoping the little tiny pieces you find inside advent calendars help keep me going!! Will update you on here too if it really does help! But best of luck everyone! I hope you all can join meee tooo soon!!

Okayyy soooo.. as usual something come up! I had to attend of course can’t say no (can never say no lets be honest 😂) but yes I will try again tomorrow!! I hope I can stick.. I just need one full day and I will be on a roll! So yes i am trying again tomorrow will update on this. Also I just googled and did more research im not really on a VLCD its kind of a fast kind of like a 800kcal a day type thing. So I am fasting pretty much all day and can only eat one a day (i spoke to a doctor and he recommended fasting) so yes going to do this and then for dinner i eat something healthy within my calorie range and yess. Throughout the day can have a cup of black tea or coffee which is good! My eating time will be a 4 hour window starting at 5pm so within 4 hours of then I can have my meal which should be good! Can’t wait!! Hopefully I am okay and stick to this tomorrow!! Wish me luck!

Welcome to the forum Yoyobunny, and good luck!

I looked at IF and spoke to my GP about it, because I know lots of people have success. Unfortunately, doesn't work with my lifestyle (I swim most days at 6am, but also out late after work with various classes/activities!) I just couldn't stick to a schedule - kind of the story of my life :rolleyes:

Just dropped by to sub and offer my support.

Hi ya,

I have tried exante in the past also, and am currently on the shake diet that puts you into keto, I'm on 600 calories a day,

I love shakes for calories control, it takes the thinking out of it , to be honest its a relief not to have to think about what to eat all the time... also we have similar weightloss goals I think ... so best of luck my dear ... yesterday was my hardest day .. so got through that ...hope things are going well for you so far! Will you weigh in weekly?

Hi ya,

I have tried exante in the past also, and am currently on the shake diet that puts you into keto, I'm on 600 calories a day,

I love shakes for calories control, it takes the thinking out of it , to be honest its a relief not to have to think about what to eat all the time... also we have similar weightloss goals I think ... so best of luck my dear ... yesterday was my hardest day .. so got through that ...hope things are going well for you so far! Will you weigh in weekly?
Hiya,

Are you still on Exante, I just started yesterday...On a mission to lose 30kg. I'm going 6 weeks straight... then weighing in. I find when the scales don't show what I want to see, that it demotivates me. So weighing at 6 week intervals instead. I will get the satisfaction from seeing how my clothes fit in between instead 😊

Back