worried - high level of ketosis

tony85

Hi there, I have been doing the VLCD for a few weeks and lodt more than a stone. Also done the low calorie week and I restarted again to see if I can lose another one. I had normal food here and there (once or twice a week) and went in and out of ketosis a few time. Although it's always been mild levels measured with ketosticks.

Yesterday I went to a BBQ and I had a few burgers (no buns) and sausages - also drinks and a piece of cake at the end. Today I was expecting to be out of keyosis but instead it came out purple - highest level of ketosis. Now I am worried, how is that possible? My dad has diabetes but I don't.. could this mean that it kicked start on me?

Should keep on the low carb diet or should I eat normally for a few days? Should I go to the doctor? Thank you in advance

Just thought of something else - I normally drink a lot of water, but didnt today for some reason. After drinking a bit and re-testing it came upwith traces of ketones. Could it just be that I needed to drink more and nothing to worry about?

Even a slightly pink stick means you're in Ketosis - thats all you need.

The "darkness" is just a level of your dehydration and doesnt mean you're diabetic.

It's not nothing to worry about though. You need to protect your kidneys and promote your weight loss by never letting the ketostix get to dark.

Back