Day one for Omega_1 and feeling determined

omega_1

Its my first day on my diet, I'm going low carb high protein, but not full on keto.
I'm 20 stone and this is the heaviest I've ever been, this stops today!
I had cancer last year and spiralled out of control. I've always been big but diabetes now also out of control, my insulin is being putting up and up and I know in reality it's my sugar intake that needs reducing not my insulin increasing.
Food makes me feel good, when I'm down nothing his like reaching for the chocolates, I need no excuse to buy myself a box even.
I've bought myself a weighted Honda hoop and downloaded a calorie counter, this has to happen, I'm 43 and feel like I'm 83, I want to get married, I want to Foster, and I'm holding myself back.

Well day 2 done, food been healthy, but have had a few vodkas this evening.
But I'm so proud that I have gone 2 while days with no chocolate or sweets.
I have had fruit, my sweet tooth needed something.

Hi @omega_1 sorry to hear you havent been well but glad to see you have started to tackle it. Im not a medical person but agree with you, sugar needs to go down not insulin going up. Im not quite in the same position, i am trying to prevent diabetes before it happpens. I dont know if you are a reader or not but if so can i recommend two book. The Glucose Goddess by Jessie Inshiuspe and The Obesity Code Dr Jason Fung. The first is an easy read with simple hacks on moderating glucose. The second very detailed and full of insightful medical info.

Link to my posts in signature

Hi @omega_1 sorry to hear you havent been well but glad to see you have started to tackle it. Im not a medical person but agree with you, sugar needs to go down not insulin going up. Im not quite in the same position, i am trying to prevent diabetes before it happpens. I dont know if you are a reader or not but if so can i recommend two book. The Glucose Goddess by Jessie Inshiuspe and The Obesity Code Dr Jason Fung. The first is an easy read with simple hacks on moderating glucose. The second very detailed and full of insightful medical info.

Link to my posts in signature
Thank you, I shall have a look.

Well it's been a week, and c other than Saturday where I went to a Wedding (I ate everything offered lol) I have stuck to my plan.
I lost 3 lbs this week, not a bad start, but even better is the fact that my sugars have dropped to a normal level.

That's amazing @omega_1 . Being able to go to a social function and still lose weight is great.

Back