Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 284
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: plum swings! a diary

  1. #256
    Paleo maintenance rocks!
    maintainer
    half century
    Plumfoodie's Avatar
    Join Date
    19th April, 2011
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    2,225
    Rep Power
    51
    Diet: Primal diet + kettlebells
    Height: 5ft8in
    Start Date: January 2011
    Start Weight: 200lb
    Current Weight: 137lb
    Goal Weight: 150lb
    Goal Date: 14 October 2012


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 30.4
    Current BMI: 20.8
    Goal BMI: 22.8


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 63lb
    Weight to Lose: -13lb
    % Lost 31.5%
    Week 2 resistance done with the 5kg and 7.5lb (for presses). I always struggle with this routine as it is very leg heavy but today didn't find it as bad as I usually do! Was lacking energy by the end as my food routine got messed up today so I was pleased to make it through the whole thing!
    Just keep swinging, swinging, swinging... http://www.minimins.com/kettlebells/




    Final goal:

    under 32% body fat - done, April 2014

  2. #257
    Im always here!
    Mis-behave's Avatar
    Join Date
    15th July, 2011
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    5,885
    Rep Power
    87
    Diet: Primal eating
    Height: 1.66m
    Start Date: 11 July 2011
    Start Weight: 99.8kg
    Current Weight: 98.4kg
    Goal Weight: 69.9kg


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 36.2
    Current BMI: 35.7
    Goal BMI: 25.4


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 1.4kg
    Weight to Lose: 28.5kg
    % Lost 1.41%
    Well done

    I didn't go class today due to family being sick.

    Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

  3. #258
    Paleo maintenance rocks!
    maintainer
    half century
    Plumfoodie's Avatar
    Join Date
    19th April, 2011
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    2,225
    Rep Power
    51
    Diet: Primal diet + kettlebells
    Height: 5ft8in
    Start Date: January 2011
    Start Weight: 200lb
    Current Weight: 137lb
    Goal Weight: 150lb
    Goal Date: 14 October 2012


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 30.4
    Current BMI: 20.8
    Goal BMI: 22.8


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 63lb
    Weight to Lose: -13lb
    % Lost 31.5%
    Thanks!

    Sorry to hear about the family illness, hope you'll be able to make it to a class soon. How often do they run?
    Just keep swinging, swinging, swinging... http://www.minimins.com/kettlebells/




    Final goal:

    under 32% body fat - done, April 2014

  4. #259
    Im always here!
    Mis-behave's Avatar
    Join Date
    15th July, 2011
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    5,885
    Rep Power
    87
    Diet: Primal eating
    Height: 1.66m
    Start Date: 11 July 2011
    Start Weight: 99.8kg
    Current Weight: 98.4kg
    Goal Weight: 69.9kg


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 36.2
    Current BMI: 35.7
    Goal BMI: 25.4


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 1.4kg
    Weight to Lose: 28.5kg
    % Lost 1.41%
    I go Monday morn and thurs evening

    But class is also on Tues evening and sat morning .,

    Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

  5. #260
    Paleo maintenance rocks!
    maintainer
    half century
    Plumfoodie's Avatar
    Join Date
    19th April, 2011
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    2,225
    Rep Power
    51
    Diet: Primal diet + kettlebells
    Height: 5ft8in
    Start Date: January 2011
    Start Weight: 200lb
    Current Weight: 137lb
    Goal Weight: 150lb
    Goal Date: 14 October 2012


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 30.4
    Current BMI: 20.8
    Goal BMI: 22.8


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 63lb
    Weight to Lose: -13lb
    % Lost 31.5%
    Ahh it's nice they offer a choice. I think in our little town there's one class a week... 'somewhere'.
    Just keep swinging, swinging, swinging... http://www.minimins.com/kettlebells/




    Final goal:

    under 32% body fat - done, April 2014

  6. #261
    Really Really likes to post!
    daisybell18's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th January, 2012
    Posts
    1,253
    Rep Power
    15
    Height: 5ft4in
    Start Date: 9 Jan 2012
    Start Weight: 15st3lb
    Current Weight: 12st1.5lb
    Goal Weight: 10st0lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 36.6
    Current BMI: 29.1
    Goal BMI: 24


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 3st1.5lb
    Weight to Lose: 2st1.5lb
    % Lost 20.42%
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumfoodie View Post
    Ahh it's nice they offer a choice. I think in our little town there's one class a week... 'somewhere'.
    Better than mine which is a kettlebell desert!

    Week 6 cardio today. Did everything with 7.5kg and am begining to see strength build up. Did one arm presses and core rowers although still can't get legs in the air. Am finding that I can do the over head extension in the cool down with ease now - previously I had to rest the bell on my head.

    Slowly, slowly.....

  7. #262
    Paleo maintenance rocks!
    maintainer
    half century
    Plumfoodie's Avatar
    Join Date
    19th April, 2011
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    2,225
    Rep Power
    51
    Diet: Primal diet + kettlebells
    Height: 5ft8in
    Start Date: January 2011
    Start Weight: 200lb
    Current Weight: 137lb
    Goal Weight: 150lb
    Goal Date: 14 October 2012


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 30.4
    Current BMI: 20.8
    Goal BMI: 22.8


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 63lb
    Weight to Lose: -13lb
    % Lost 31.5%
    Quote Originally Posted by daisybell18 View Post

    Better than mine which is a kettlebell desert!

    Week 6 cardio today. Did everything with 7.5kg and am begining to see strength build up. Did one arm presses and core rowers although still can't get legs in the air. Am finding that I can do the over head extension in the cool down with ease now - previously I had to rest the bell on my head.

    Slowly, slowly.....
    Great progress!
    Just keep swinging, swinging, swinging... http://www.minimins.com/kettlebells/




    Final goal:

    under 32% body fat - done, April 2014

  8. #263
    Paleo maintenance rocks!
    maintainer
    half century
    Plumfoodie's Avatar
    Join Date
    19th April, 2011
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    2,225
    Rep Power
    51
    Diet: Primal diet + kettlebells
    Height: 5ft8in
    Start Date: January 2011
    Start Weight: 200lb
    Current Weight: 137lb
    Goal Weight: 150lb
    Goal Date: 14 October 2012


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 30.4
    Current BMI: 20.8
    Goal BMI: 22.8


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 63lb
    Weight to Lose: -13lb
    % Lost 31.5%
    A bit low energy today! Didn't quite feel up to kettleworx today so did some Pilates instead. It incorporated the fitness ball which I always find incredibly tricky!
    Just keep swinging, swinging, swinging... http://www.minimins.com/kettlebells/




    Final goal:

    under 32% body fat - done, April 2014

  9. #264
    Paleo maintenance rocks!
    maintainer
    half century
    Plumfoodie's Avatar
    Join Date
    19th April, 2011
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    2,225
    Rep Power
    51
    Diet: Primal diet + kettlebells
    Height: 5ft8in
    Start Date: January 2011
    Start Weight: 200lb
    Current Weight: 137lb
    Goal Weight: 150lb
    Goal Date: 14 October 2012


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 30.4
    Current BMI: 20.8
    Goal BMI: 22.8


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 63lb
    Weight to Lose: -13lb
    % Lost 31.5%
    Xbox kinect zen workout (tai chi/yoga) yesterday, Pilates today. Will hope for some kw core on Thursday, am trying to find a new weekly routine that will hopefully be manageable when I start my new job. This will be less intense but more frequent - I def want to keep kw core in as it's been very beneficial for my lower back.
    Just keep swinging, swinging, swinging... http://www.minimins.com/kettlebells/




    Final goal:

    under 32% body fat - done, April 2014

  10. #265
    Paleo maintenance rocks!
    maintainer
    half century
    Plumfoodie's Avatar
    Join Date
    19th April, 2011
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    2,225
    Rep Power
    51
    Diet: Primal diet + kettlebells
    Height: 5ft8in
    Start Date: January 2011
    Start Weight: 200lb
    Current Weight: 137lb
    Goal Weight: 150lb
    Goal Date: 14 October 2012


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 30.4
    Current BMI: 20.8
    Goal BMI: 22.8


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 63lb
    Weight to Lose: -13lb
    % Lost 31.5%
    Wow it's a long time since I updated here.

    I took my 5kg bell to NZ with me and did some with it there but not as regularly as I should have done, and I definitely felt it in my back. Funny that the checked suitcase with the bell in it was inspected for each flight, I guess it does kind of look like a bomb with handles.

    Started my new job last week and it's going ok, I haven't felt too low energy so Saturday I did core week 1 (level 1) and today core week 1 (level 2). I think for the time being this will be hardcore enough for me so I'm just going to try for once or twice a week with core only with the aim being to prevent back pain. Once I've really settled into my job and increased hours then I'll re-evaluate. I'm also still trying to do stretching a couple of times a week and also sit on my wobble cushion or fitness ball when I can, but I'm not being too hard on myself; my priority at the moment is to settle into the new routine and not have an M.E. flareup. It would be nice also not to lose too much fitness but for now that is a secondary priority!

    Must say I had forgotten how hard some of the moves in the level 2 discs are! Those sideways mermaid tail sit-ups, yeouch!

    The one mistake I made on Saturday was not having my protein shake afterwards; I had forgotten how much it helps my muscles recover and I was sore for 3 days. Had one today but with only 1/2 scoop of the protein as it can tend to affect my digestion. Depending on how it goes I might do the same next time!
    Just keep swinging, swinging, swinging... http://www.minimins.com/kettlebells/




    Final goal:

    under 32% body fat - done, April 2014

  11. #266
    Really Really likes to post!
    daisybell18's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th January, 2012
    Posts
    1,253
    Rep Power
    15
    Height: 5ft4in
    Start Date: 9 Jan 2012
    Start Weight: 15st3lb
    Current Weight: 12st1.5lb
    Goal Weight: 10st0lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 36.6
    Current BMI: 29.1
    Goal BMI: 24


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 3st1.5lb
    Weight to Lose: 2st1.5lb
    % Lost 20.42%
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumfoodie View Post
    Wow it's a long time since I updated here.

    I took my 5kg bell to NZ with me and did some with it there but not as regularly as I should have done, and I definitely felt it in my back. Funny that the checked suitcase with the bell in it was inspected for each flight, I guess it does kind of look like a bomb with handles.

    Started my new job last week and it's going ok, I haven't felt too low energy so Saturday I did core week 1 (level 1) and today core week 1 (level 2). I think for the time being this will be hardcore enough for me so I'm just going to try for once or twice a week with core only with the aim being to prevent back pain. Once I've really settled into my job and increased hours then I'll re-evaluate. I'm also still trying to do stretching a couple of times a week and also sit on my wobble cushion or fitness ball when I can, but I'm not being too hard on myself; my priority at the moment is to settle into the new routine and not have an M.E. flareup. It would be nice also not to lose too much fitness but for now that is a secondary priority!

    Must say I had forgotten how hard some of the moves in the level 2 discs are! Those sideways mermaid tail sit-ups, yeouch!

    The one mistake I made on Saturday was not having my protein shake afterwards; I had forgotten how much it helps my muscles recover and I was sore for 3 days. Had one today but with only 1/2 scoop of the protein as it can tend to affect my digestion. Depending on how it goes I might do the same next time!
    Welcome back to the UK! Admirable of you to take the bell with you to NZ, I'm not sure I would have been willing to give up luggage space. Hope you had a good time.
    It sounds a good idea to take things slowly but try to do something every other day. I always feel so much better after a session.

    Glad the new job is going well.

  12. #267
    Likes to post
    half century

    Join Date
    13th April, 2012
    Location
    West Coast of Ireland
    Posts
    877
    Rep Power
    36
    Diet: bit of this bit of that
    Height: 5ft6in
    Start Date: 01-06-2012
    Start Weight: 16st7lb
    Current Weight: 11st12lb
    Goal Weight: 9st12lb
    Goal Date: August


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 37.3
    Current BMI: 26.8
    Goal BMI: 22.3


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 4st9lb
    Weight to Lose: 2st0lb
    % Lost 28.14%
    Quick question - how do you measure your body fat? Just asking as the gym I weigh at has tanita scales and when the girl inputs the info she puts my age, height and then body type "average" - last month I was about 33.5% down 2% on the previous. This time she used the body type "athletic" (her choice not mine) and now my bodyfat is down to 22%.
    I'm not sure either figure is correct and I'm prob between the two! Wondered if there was a better way or where to have it done.
    thanks.
    EAT SWING AND BE MERRY

    2014 GOALS
    Get back to under 11 stone - 12lb to go.
    Get body fat back to less than 22
    Run another 10km in under one hour.

    Some Days Peaches - most Plum Bananas.







  13. #268
    Paleo maintenance rocks!
    maintainer
    half century
    Plumfoodie's Avatar
    Join Date
    19th April, 2011
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    2,225
    Rep Power
    51
    Diet: Primal diet + kettlebells
    Height: 5ft8in
    Start Date: January 2011
    Start Weight: 200lb
    Current Weight: 137lb
    Goal Weight: 150lb
    Goal Date: 14 October 2012


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 30.4
    Current BMI: 20.8
    Goal BMI: 22.8


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 63lb
    Weight to Lose: -13lb
    % Lost 31.5%
    Quote Originally Posted by porkscratching View Post
    Quick question - how do you measure your body fat? Just asking as the gym I weigh at has tanita scales and when the girl inputs the info she puts my age, height and then body type "average" - last month I was about 33.5% down 2% on the previous. This time she used the body type "athletic" (her choice not mine) and now my bodyfat is down to 22%.
    I'm not sure either figure is correct and I'm prob between the two! Wondered if there was a better way or where to have it done.
    thanks.
    I think the most reliable method outside of using a dunk tank is with callipers (done by an experienced person as otherwise the reading will be different every time). Worth asking if they do that at your gym. I just use bathroom scales with the body fat function but it doesn't offer a choice between build types. HTH.
    Just keep swinging, swinging, swinging... http://www.minimins.com/kettlebells/




    Final goal:

    under 32% body fat - done, April 2014

  14. #269
    Paleo maintenance rocks!
    maintainer
    half century
    Plumfoodie's Avatar
    Join Date
    19th April, 2011
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    2,225
    Rep Power
    51
    Diet: Primal diet + kettlebells
    Height: 5ft8in
    Start Date: January 2011
    Start Weight: 200lb
    Current Weight: 137lb
    Goal Weight: 150lb
    Goal Date: 14 October 2012


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 30.4
    Current BMI: 20.8
    Goal BMI: 22.8


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 63lb
    Weight to Lose: -13lb
    % Lost 31.5%
    Quote Originally Posted by daisybell18 View Post
    Welcome back to the UK! Admirable of you to take the bell with you to NZ, I'm not sure I would have been willing to give up luggage space. Hope you had a good time.
    It sounds a good idea to take things slowly but try to do something every other day. I always feel so much better after a session.

    Glad the new job is going well.
    Thank you! Fortunately the kettlebell is small; I wouldn't have taken anything heavier! And if I had it to do over again I'd just plan to do bodyweight exercises while travelling.
    Just keep swinging, swinging, swinging... http://www.minimins.com/kettlebells/




    Final goal:

    under 32% body fat - done, April 2014

  15. #270
    Paleo maintenance rocks!
    maintainer
    half century
    Plumfoodie's Avatar
    Join Date
    19th April, 2011
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    2,225
    Rep Power
    51
    Diet: Primal diet + kettlebells
    Height: 5ft8in
    Start Date: January 2011
    Start Weight: 200lb
    Current Weight: 137lb
    Goal Weight: 150lb
    Goal Date: 14 October 2012


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 30.4
    Current BMI: 20.8
    Goal BMI: 22.8


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 63lb
    Weight to Lose: -13lb
    % Lost 31.5%
    I don't feel I've pinned down a good exercise routine that will work with my new job/increased working hours yet... so just doing what I can at the moment. This seems to be a really random mix of kettlebells, bodyweight exercises, yoga, pilates, yogalates, and general stretching depending on how I feel - and a bit too much of doing nothing at all when I'm really tired. Which doesn't do any good as my muscles and joints all get stiff and sore which makes me more tired. The lovely circle of having M.E., hmph.

    I guess as I settle more into the new job I'll have a better idea of what's feasible. I really liked the structure of doing kettleworx twice a week but at the moment I can't always manage it.
    Just keep swinging, swinging, swinging... http://www.minimins.com/kettlebells/




    Final goal:

    under 32% body fat - done, April 2014

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.