Guessed that would get you all looking!!!
But it really IS totally syn free if you use this as your heb choice - you can even eat the whole cake in one day!!!
Spicy Scan Bran Ginger Cake
(OK, I can hear the moans!!!)
5 Scan Bran or Oat Bran (from SW, some H&B or Waitrose)
2 large carrots (about 150 gms) finely grated or wizzed in a mini chopper
7 tbsp low calorie sweetener
3 eggs, beaten
3 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg (or 1 tsp ground all-spice)
- Pour boiling water over the Scan Bran, leave for 1 minute then drain and mash
- Mix the Scan Bran, carrot, sweetener and spices, stirring very thoroughly
- Add the beaten eggs, and stir until completely mixed
- Tip the mixture into a microwaveable dish – we've now 'standardised' on a Sainsbury's Basics 1litre container, which is approx 18 ½ cm x 13 ½ cm by 5cm deep, and gives excellent results
- Microwave on high for about 12 minutes – it should shrink a bit from the sides
That's it – quick and easy and tasty too!
I'm sure that others of you can come up with suggestions for different, totally free flavourings. Please do share!!!