Totally syn free cake!

Addibelle said:
Thought this would be terrible as tried other scan bran cakes and hated them but made it for dessert and had with a bit of custard and it was YUMMY!

Thanks!

image-3918012155.jpg

Here is my 4 Hexb cake , I would usually put some quark top too but ran out so just in the middle !
I cut this cake into 8 and sometimes have 2 peices a day or if only one I have another half Hexb !
Yummy !!!

I've become a bit addicted to this cake these days. I always have some of the cake ready at home to have with an afternoon cup of tea. I make it with the oat scan bran as I find them softer to crush and mix and lots and lots of cinnamon.

Also, there are 12 oat scan brans in the pack as opposed to 10 in the normal scan bran pack.

I cut the cake into 10 pieces and it works out at 1/2 syn each piece. :D
I normally eat about 3 pieces a day and which satisfy my craving for a bit of cake/biscuit in the afternoon.

I bought done scan bran from the health food shop, gonna try this at the weekend

I make this at least once a week and cook it in a mini muffin silicon baking tray - this means I can have 2 mini cakes as a HEXB when I have 28g porridge too (2 cakes = 1 scan bran). I adore it!

Today I'm going to do it with some cocoa powder in it and try it as muffins for my man to take to work for his breakfast !
Who wouldn't love chocolate cake for breakfast !!!

That sounds delicious, might try that next time!

Just cooking this for the first time now, will put quark on top mixed with lemon juice as I like things a little sharper rather than sweet :D

This sounds great, definitely going to try it! Need something cakey without the guilt!! :) the OH also likes ginger so can sneak some to him!

I grated 2 eating apples in to the mixture as well as the carrot, I cooked it for an extra 2 mins as it's more moist, it came out delicious, I had it warm with a vanilla mini milk :)

Adding the apple (140 g raw weight) added 2 syns to the recipe so either 1 heb and 2 syns or 7 syns for the whole cake.

Oh wow this sounds good! Think I will be investing in scan bran at class next week! Shame I have to wait until Tuesday (normally monday but bank holiday....)

I tried this tonight it's quite yummy. I added some beetroot too!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120826_195818.png
    ForumRunner_20120826_195818.png
    405.3 KB · Views: 515
I put some of that ginger that comes in a jar of syrup in mine - makes the whole cake 8.5 syns or 2.5+heb

I love it warmed with fromage frais on. Its soooooo filling too

Back