I made the most delicious spaghetti carbonara the other day. It was totally free as I used my HE's.
I gave some to my friend (one of those annoying people with a 'high metabolism' and can eat whatever they want) and she said she wouldnt have known it was low-fat!
- Fry Light or oil if you want to use syns/ HEs
- 1 onion
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- half a teacup of skimmed milk
- bacn for HEb
- I don't have an exact measurement for the pasta, I just usually bung it in and hope it's enough!
- You can add mushrooms if you like, i think most carbonara recipes call for it, but I dont like them.
You can put cheese on it, but i just usually whack a bit of salt and pepper on it!
- fry the onion in the frylight until its soft
- then add the bacon - chopped up quite small.
- You can also be boiling the pasta at this point - this whole recipe is so quick!
- mix the egg and the milk together and when the pasta is cooked add it into the onion and bacon mixture in the pan.
- stirr in the egg and milk over a very low heat. Make sur the egg doesn't scramble!
definitely! I was tempted to have cheese. But the problem is that when I start....I just can't seem to stop!!!
Let me know how it goes! YOu might find you need a splash more milk - but it's personal taste really!
more sweaty than betty
- Rep Power
Diet: Slimming World
Start Date: 19 October 2010
Start Weight: 25st2lb
Current Weight: 20st10lb
Start BMI: 50.5
Current BMI: 41.6
Total Weight Loss: 4st6lb
% Lost 17.61%
I think I might give that one a try soon. I guess if I was on a green day I would only have to syn up the bacon or use it as a hexb. Please correct me if I am wrong.
week1-week 57 total lost 62.5lbs counting the half stones 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7
- Rep Power
Diet: Slimming world
Start Date: 17th Feb 2010
Current Weight: 13st8lb
Sounds good! I have got carbonara tonight.
I use fat free fromage frais instead of milk and then add parmesan as my HEB.
I serve it with a big salad to make it free on extra easy mmm
Week 1- 4: 7lbs Week 5: -0.5lb Week 6: -0.5lb Week 7: +1.5lbs (Easter blowout!)
I have made the one out of a recent SW magazine (can't remember the issue - sorry) but for the 'ham' I have been using the Quorn bacon bits which are free. Even my other half likes it and I thought he would rather have proper bacon!
Yeah - the bacon is euther syns or HEb. I prefer to use my syns on sweet things, so had the bacon as a HE. It would be nice without the bacon too, if you add a few herbs maybe? Might have to try the quorn bacon!
By jaylou in forum Slimming World Recipes
Last Post: 26th October, 2010, 04:16 PM
By BritMumInCanada in forum Slimming World Recipes
Last Post: 12th September, 2010, 06:18 PM
By Ikin29 in forum Slimming World Recipes
Last Post: 15th February, 2010, 07:09 PM
By Sarah-Jayne in forum Slimming World
Last Post: 15th February, 2010, 07:22 AM
By Shelle Belle in forum Slimming World
Last Post: 10th October, 2008, 07:56 PM
Tags for this Thread
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.