Stats
Starting Weight: ?
Current Weight: ?
Starting Dress: 18
Current Dress: 18

Plan
Do some activity every day ✅
Curb snacking; make healthy choices

I aim to weigh myself tomorrow and start from there. For the first week I want to simply focus on making good habits, exercise daily (even if it is for a short amount of time) and make good choices with my food. I'll be interested to see how that effects my weight; simply focusing can sometimes be enough to do better - when I'm not focused that's when I find I've eaten bread for breakfast, lunch and dinner with no veg and snacked heavily in between. Once I have seen how my current, focused behaviour impacts my weight, I will know how to go forward: what to cut out, what to increase.

I will increase my activity eventually. I am very low on motivation at the moment so am just trying to do what I can without the nasty self-talk. Something is better than nothing. And once I have established good habits adding on won't be so hard. Foundation first.

This is not the first time I've tried to lose weight. Sometimes I succeed, sometimes I don't. But i have a tendency towards the extreme and worry that if I'm not losing 3lbs a week I am failing. This time I am determined to be sensible - 0.5 to 1lbs a week might seem slow but it all adds up and is more sustainable in the long run (plus its easier to rectify when you end up going the other way on the scale!!)

Todays Activity
10 mins yoga
15 mins walk

Todays Food
Weetabix, banana, tsp choc spread
Salad, hummus, 1/2 avocado
Apple
Homemade pizza. Ice cream (oops!)
Lots of water; some decaf coffee

Pretty good going until dinner. Thursday's are our 'treat' dinner. If I get to the point I have to start counting calories it might shock me, but for now I don't mind having something like this once a week - and it's still home made (at least this week)

Nervous to weigh in tomorrow - haven't done that in a long time and I definitely feel I've gained since the last time.

Stats
Starting Weight: 92.2kg
Current Weight: 92.2kg

Plan
Do some activity every day ✅
Curb snacking; make healthy choices ✅

Weighed in this morning - not as bad as I expected but I still don't like looking at my weight. On the plus side, i have pretty much maintained since April (the last time I weighed myself). It means I have a long way to go but I am trying to stay positive. Slow and steady and all that.

Todays Activity
10 mins of yoga
15 mins walk

Todays Food
Weetabix, fruit and yogurt
Salad with feta and fajita spiced quorn
Quorn fillet with pesto, tomato and cheese. Salad. Home made garlic bread
Tiffin

Bit better food wise. Finding it easier to avoid snacking when I am mindful of my eating and making better choices at meal times. Plus it's looking quite balanced. Interested to see how the way I eat when I am focused on it will effect the scales. Not really 'dieting' yet, just trying to eat normally, get into good habits, see what happens, adjust accordingly.

I'll try and go for a longer walk some time this weekend, in between cleaning and reading!

Ive been promising myself a walk but its constantly raining here

Stats
Starting Weight: 92.2
Current Weight: 92.1

Plan
6000 steps a day ✅
1500 calories a day

I was so looking forward to weigh in this morning, hoping i would see a significant change, but alas. 0.1kg - i know i said slow and steady but not THIS slow 😂 And i swear i felt like i had lost something! I almost didn't want to post it/log it/acknowledge it because I was so disappointed, but honestly, if i had gained 0.1 i would have been pretty gutted - at least this is going in the right direction. And now i can make some positive changes that will hopefully give me a better result next time.

Going forward: I am going to aim to do 6000 steps a day and eat 1500 calories a day. I was hoping to avoid calorie counting as it can be quite tedious but it does seem like a sensible solution.

And i want to look at other positives as well, not just weight loss. If this is to be a habit changes, and a life long change, then it needs to be about more than weight!
  • I've been feeling a bit more energetic. More likely to get on and do something, get up and clean the sink, or tidy that drawer I've been meaning to sort out, or hang up those pictures that have been sat on the table for weeks. I put it down to the yoga and the generally better eating.
  • I got a promotion this week! My first thought was to celebrate with a bottle of wine or some ice cream or something. I acknowledged the craving, processed why I was justifying it, and settled on buying myself some new incense sticks and crystals instead. Go me.
  • I have successfully done yoga every day this week
  • I have taken a short walk every day this week, even when i didn't really feel like it

Oh wow, they are positive steps and congratulations on the promotion

Stats
Starting Weight: 92.2
Current Weight: 90.7

Surprise on the scales this morning! a 1.4kg loss :woohoo:
I wasn't expecting it at all - maybe it was the walking this week, maybe it was being more careful with my calories, maybe last week i was just retaining water? Who knows but I'm taking it.

And i know that if i continue as am i should do well. Last week wasn't even perfect. I did end up having a bit of a gluttonous weekend, and even though i was more mindful during the week, i did think it would be a less than ideal for weight loss. Good to know there can be some balance, but i will be careful; don't want to get complacent!

I have also decided that for every 5kg lost, i will be buying myself a present (small) - a book, a new plant, new pjs. You know, not anything food or drink related, just something i want but wouldn't normally buy myself (or have tried to stop buying for myself lol). A nice little motivator, perhaps when i reach my goal I'll buy myself a whole new outfit to celebrate :classic_big_grin:

Back