Healthy Xmas BUFFET
I've realised I should probably have called this "Healthy Xmas BUFFET" rather than snacks else I am probably going to get eternally diverted to the numerous snacks threads... Is it possible a mod could change the title? I am specifically looking for buffet-style food, not just general SW-snacks.
Banana cake/muffins - my favourite EVER SW recipe :-)
Breaded mushrooms with garlic yogurt dip.
Bombay bhaji balls and pakora sauce.
I love buffets!
OK, last one. This is making me hungry!
Mini SW quiches made in muffin tins.
Ah I never knew there was an Advanced bit, I could only ever edit content not the title. You learn something new every day. Thanks for that x
Originally Posted by gettingfitat50
is there a recipe for these anywhere please
Originally Posted by silly sausage
The recipe for the bhajis is here
Originally Posted by metrognome
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wor...ree-green.html (Bombay Bhajis and Cucumer Raita - free on green)
The pakora sauce is:
3 heaped tbsp 0% Greek yogurt
1 tbsp chopped tomatoes (out a tin)
1 tsp hot chilli powder
1 tsp dried mint
pinch of salt
Whizz it all together.
^^^I didn't have Bombay spice mix so used a mix of curry powder, garam masala and fennel seeds. 1 tsp of each.
Loaded potato skins ( bacon, cottage cheese, etc)
KFC style chicken goujons
smash/pitta garlic bread
king prawn ring with thousand island dressing (SW style)
Boiled eggs in SW style curried mayo
chicken drum sticks
cold slices of lean meats (ham, beef etc)
Ooooh!!! Here are my ideas;
* Figs quartered and wrapped in prosciutto and held together with a toothpick. You can add a sliver of cheddar in each parcel too
* Spicy chicken wings and "blue cheese" dressing (get skinned chicken wings from your local butcher, and blue cheese dressing is just laughing cow blue cheese mixed with yogurt and chives)
* Corn cobettes (either steamed or grilled)
* Massive SW quiche that you can cut thick wedges from
* Lentil & mushroom loaf (I've seen the recipe floating around here)
* Puy lentil salad!
* Roasted vegetable salad (rosemary roasted squash, peppers, courgettes, aubergines, red onions, served on a bed of spinach and drizzled with balsamic vinegar)
* Mung bean wraps, filled with whatever you like and cut into rounds (quark, tomatoes & basil is a lovely simple filling)
* Potato salad (Mix one part light mayo with 4 parts low fat plain yogurt for your dressing OR just use hummus instead of mayo!)
* Roasted plantain (cut into diagonal slices, S&P and roasted until golden brown. Great to dip in hummus too! This always goes down a treat!)
* BIG platter of hummus and other dips with veg crudites and roasted potato wedges
* Joe's mini chipolatas
* Devilled eggs (very retro lol)
* Patatas bravas (Spanish potatoes in tomato sauce)
* Grilled prawns
* Crab dip (crab meat, low fat plain yogurt, light mayonnaise, light philadelphia, paprika, chopped celery, chopped gherkins)
* Platter of smoked salmon with lemon, capers and a dollop of quark mixed with chives
* SW scotch eggs
* Bruschettas on slices of potato instead of ciabatta (tomatoes, balsamic & basil OR mashed up peas & mint are nice toppings)
* Loaded potato skins
* Couscous salad
* Platters of chopped fruit
* Pineapple pieces or strawberries mixed with fresh chopped mint and sugar
* Mini meringues topped with Greek yogurt and fruit
LOL! It'll be a long way, we'll be in Australia! But you're more than welcome!
Originally Posted by ermintrude
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.