Everyday's a SW day :) x

hmmm... your breakfast sounds a weird concoction....was it nice? never heard of that before!

your plans sound good, ideal that you're busy at work for most of the day i suppose - damage limitation lol but it all sounds yum!

my food's been a bit samey recently with me having the carrot oats almost everyday but i really like it, 1/2 a HEb worth bulked up with the carrot, banana and raisins does me before i leave for work and it's healthy so bonus and it's not really bothering me...i just get paranoid that maybe i don't mix things up enough but i tend to stick to what i know fills me rather than being hungry cos that's when it's dangerous!x

If you're happy with it why change it?! Oats a lovely, filling and so healthy so I wouldn't worry.

My breakfast was gorgeous! Absolutely one of the best breakfasts I've tried since switching diets! Might have to have it again tomorrow lol x

If you're happy with it why change it?! Oats a lovely, filling and so healthy so I wouldn't worry.

My breakfast was gorgeous! Absolutely one of the best breakfasts I've tried since switching diets! Might have to have it again tomorrow lol x

was it really?? ooh i'm not sure i'd like it....but saying that...sometimes the weirdest sounding things are the nicest! ;) x

DAY - GREEN

Breakfast:
carrot oats, egg wrap and a cuppa

Snack:
cous cous with berries, banana and yog

Lunch:
salad - lettuce, mixed leaves, tomato, cucumber, sweetcorn, beetroot, onion, pepper, rice

Dinner:
quorn burger on a wm roll with 20g cheddar, wm coleslaw and sw chips

HEb's:
17.5g oats/hifi light
wm roll

HEa's:
20g cheese and milk in 2 coffees

Syns:
raisins - 1
mayo - 1
crisps - 5.5
2 celebrations - 4.5

12 for the day

Attachments

• image-2306423606.jpg
    image-2306423606.jpg
    601.3 KB · Views: 32
DAY - EE

Breakfast:
fruit salad with some 1/2 syn roulade

Snack:
egg wrap with quorn sausage

Lunch:
lentil soup
rice pudd with berries and banana

Dinner:
chilli lasage, homemade coleslaw
(e/l mince, chopped tomatoes, peppers, onion, mushrooms, kidney beans, oregano, tom puree, beef stock pot)

HEb: 35g fruit and fibre
HEa: mozarella cheese

Syns:
2 celebrations - 4.5
crisps - 5.5
milk (for my cereal) - 2.5
mayo - 1

13.5 for the day

Attachments

• image-3824300377.jpg
    image-3824300377.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 27
  • image-2805512365.jpg
    image-2805512365.jpg
    574.8 KB · Views: 24
Ooh chilli lasagne! Never seen that on before! I'm defo having carrot oats in the morning, was going to have banana pancakes but now I've came to your diary and been reminded, I'm going to do them! Keep meaning to and forgetting lol x

Ooh chilli lasagne! Never seen that on before! I'm defo having carrot oats in the morning, was going to have banana pancakes but now I've came to your diary and been reminded, I'm going to do them! Keep meaning to and forgetting lol x

today's the only day all week i've not had them! lol

loved the lasagne...it was my best one yet! made a big pot of chilli then decided i wanted lasagne. managed to get the whole lasagne plus a portion of chilli for the freezer and i had only used 1/2 a pack of mince...just bulked it out with loads of superfree!
bonus! ;) x

today's the only day all week i've not had them! lol

loved the lasagne...it was my best one yet! made a big pot of chilli then decided i wanted lasagne. managed to get the whole lasagne plus a portion of chilli for the freezer and i had only used 1/2 a pack of mince...just bulked it out with loads of superfree!
bonus! ;) x
it sounds a lovely idea! X

so....
woke up this morning feeling great, really NOT bloated and generally lighter than i had been cos i've eaten well all week. done the usual inspection of myself in the mirror from the front and side, didn't feel too repulsed...decided i'd WI seeing as it had been 2 weeks and i "felt" like i'd be pleasantly surprised...

2lbs ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

didn't expect it if i'm honest, yes i had indian a week ago then avoided weighing but thought my food had been great all week so had braved myself for a sts.
how wrong was i!

i know that since january, i've barely managed 7 full days on plan more than a few times...but if i'm 100% on plan for the whole week, i must be doing some amount of damage when i don't stick to it a day or 2 at the weekend?!

i really don't know what has changed, i'm eating less now than ever, and yes, i've been off plan at weekends but i'm not even maintaining....i'm heavier!

i know it would be worse if i was off plan all time, but since january....say over 164 days, approx 130 days will have been healthy eating, full of superfree and on plan etc....but i'm 10lbs heavier than before.

these numbers control my whole mood at times and i hate that!

i've got stuff on this weekend that i'm off plan - always planned and then away next week on holiday so i can only imagine what the number could be when i get back.

if i join a class when i'm back....what will i be doing different than i am now when it comes to meals? - NOTHING!
yes the aim is if i rejoin, i'll stick to it for 7 days instead of 5/6 but i know i physically won't be doing anything different cos when i'm on plan, i follow it properly, eat what "i should" and have the correct HE's and food optimise.

i'm just miffed...i really really really must be doing some damage at the weekends to explain these numbers!!
is my body just used to it now and needs a swift kick? or something to change to make it work harder/differently?

best of it is, i've had a great week, hadn't even thought about not being on plan today - until i weighed, and now, i pretty much don't care cos i'm in the huff!

yes...i'm in the huff...with myself....with my body...with everything and i'll snap out of it soon.....but for now...i'm off to feel sorry for myself lol x

Oh I really feel for you :( I really don't know what to suggest as you do follow everything to the letter when on plan! What about trying success express or something? X

ach god knows!

i've never denied the times i've been off plan and been honest in saying that when it comes to the weekend, i'm not always on plan so i can't expect to get a loss every week or get the decent losses we always want if i'm not sw'ing it 7 days a week (even tho there are so many that can!) but when i thought about it in the sense of days on V days off....they well beat the bad times!

i read other diaries on here and i know i'm not alone when it comes to having a struggle etc but i don't draw a line and make that another fresh start, i just enjoy my weekend and come a monday, i'm back to "normal"
last year, being 100% on plan was because i never went out the bloody door until there was a party or something on....so i got the results...but socially, for other parts of life...is that "normal"???

i must really be doing mega damage on the off days!
do i think that's the case all the time...not at all but could be sometimes!
do i think i might've been different had i stayed going to a class...dunno - depends where my head was at i guess!

i'm gonna do what i'm doing this week (although i have a few things on cos we have family here) go on holiday and then i suppose, when i come back, it'll be a shock to the system to get back to sw depending on how much i eat or drink when i'm away?

i keep saying i'll join a class when i'm back but other than someone else weighing me, i dunno if it'll make that much difference cos i'll still be eating foods which i've learned to love, that have become regular meals in the house/at work etc and what i know fills me.
it's not like the books are going to be different, or the science has changed...does that make sense?

deep down i know something in ME needs to change to get back to 7 days on plan cos if i'm not in the right place, paying a fiver a week won't make a difference....cos i'd maybe still be relaxed at the weekends and then avoid class?

when i'm on it...i'm 100% no messing or not being honest about what i have etc...i just do it! it feels normal...the weekends off don't! they just save me cooking and i always end up feeling naff.

fed up whinging about it but i really wish i hadn't gone to weigh myself.

couldn't feel any more different than how i did when i got up - i swear i had doubled in size when i next looked in the mirror! lol (that could be the shortbread i made and ate half of - i mean....wtf! i've never made shortbread since i went to school!!?)

i know i've been calorie counting in the background and maybe that's a bad thing?
but i'm still following plan - i do that first and most days, input what i've eaten.
i've never continually eaten the calories i'd need to maintain. most days i'm around 1500 (depending if it's green/EE) and i don't not have something to eat if i'm hungry if it would take me over, i have it cos i know i'm still on plan for a sw day but i'd say it averages out between 1500-1700 calories.

when i calorie count if not on sw, i'm hungry cos my choices of those foods don't fill me but if i have an on plan sw day then enter what i've had, it works out ok (and tough if not cos i'd have eaten it by then lol)

it's kinda made me think that even if i was 100% all the time, and got to a weight i was happy with, how would i find a happy medium to maintain?
most people are able to balance it out and be on plan all week but have a day or 2 where they have extras and i suppose that's what i've been doing - but dunno that i'd get away with that cos i'm not maintaining each week...i'm gaining. (although i suppose, looking at things from my weight in january...i'm the same)

i don't want to be counting or saying no to things for the rest of my life (yes there has to be a happy medium) but i just think i'm doing more damage than good by getting so consumed with it all!

i've always said i won't get the results i want when i'm naughty at the weekend...what i did kinda think tho, was that my great, on plan days, would help me NOT gain!

had chinese for dinner, it was lovely (some chicken chow mein, few spoons of chicken satay and some chips) and i'd probably have had it tonight anyway...but cos i weighed myself this morning, and didn't like the numbers, it feels like it's been done for all the wrong reasons!

i'm fed up going on about it now, what a bore to read! it's a bore to live with but i'm just so terrified that people will look at me and think i've put weight on, or think "look at the size of her" and i really feel for my OH cos it must be hard to live with at times.

some days i feel nice, some days i feel a wee bit more confident and i feel like i look ok so maybe i should just go with those feelings, keep going....and how my clothes feel rather than the numbers?x

Last edited:
on a better note....
i got 2lbs of diced beef (to feed us all tomorrow) from the butchers today and holding it...it really made me think about how many of those i've lost.

ok, i've added a few of them back on since i left class at the end of last year but i've still ditched about 21 of them and that's a lot!x

Reading through that post, I'm wondering if 1500 is enough for you? I know the instant reaction is eat less, lose weight but sometimes we're not eating enough. Maybe try and eat 1600 or 1700? Just add an extra couple of fruits in and that's it.

I wouldn't have said you should be gaining with having 1 or 2 treats on a weekend, sometimes life just isn't fair.

i don't know about joining a class, if you feel you did better when you were at a class then go for it. But I think when you put it like you did, paying £5 a week just for someone to weigh you it's a bit of a waste (unless you really do feel it keeps you on plan, then it's not a waste!)

it really is amazing how much 2lb weighs too! To think sometimes we can lose that in a week, it's pretty mind blowing isn't it x

Reading through that post, I'm wondering if 1500 is enough for you? I know the instant reaction is eat less, lose weight but sometimes we're not eating enough. Maybe try and eat 1600 or 1700? Just add an extra couple of fruits in and that's it.

I wouldn't have said you should be gaining with having 1 or 2 treats on a weekend, sometimes life just isn't fair.

i don't know about joining a class, if you feel you did better when you were at a class then go for it. But I think when you put it like you did, paying £5 a week just for someone to weigh you it's a bit of a waste (unless you really do feel it keeps you on plan, then it's not a waste!)

it really is amazing how much 2lb weighs too! To think sometimes we can lose that in a week, it's pretty mind blowing isn't it x

it really did feel like a lot!

think i need to ditch the calorie stuff to be honest, i really do just keep a track and as i said, i don't not have something just to stay within a certain amount cos at the end of the day, i'm following sw plan properly but i'm looking for the results from 2 things in a sense - if i don't get it from being on plan, i'm then looking and analysing it from a calorie point of view and that's just adding to things for me

when i think back to last year, i was eating way more which means way more calories but i only eat when i'm hungry (unless i'm off it! lol) so i dunno!

i think with slimming world, it's more about the attitudes and keeping it going long term - they encourage healthy eating and give us syns for goodies etc which stops us missing out then binging, flexi syn is so that mentally, we just move on instead of giving up so it's really about a different mindset and that's great for keeping it up long term.

not feeling as bloated this morning and craving a HEb and superfree which is all good! lol

i think maybe i should rejoin a class when i'm back. i know it means £5 every week just to get weighed but i'll either go and it'll help give me a kick up the backside, or nothing will change and i'll stop going but i think i should at least try!

cooking a big family dinner today, gonna slow cook beef all day, have lots of veg and potatoes and gonna nip out for yorkshire puddings and an apple pie for pudding i think.
don't usually do puddings but the others will love it all and the fact i managed to persuade them to ditch getting takeaway for this means it's a better option for me...even with the apple pie! lol

told my OH we'd get mcd's breakfast this morning....i'm off for weetabix/crunchy bran/fruit and fibre with banana...cos i genuinely want it!

i did great last year cos i didn't analyse things or have expectations...this year has been the opposite and with that, has had the opposite results...doesn't take a genius to work out that maybe one of the first things i should do is chill out a bit about it and work on MY mindset again...cos when that went last year, it was one of the most refreshing things for me...to not be consumed by it all like i had been....but somehow i'm back there again.

not to worry...what'll be will be eh x

Maybe you have a point, I found I was struggling to maintain and I was adding cals into MFP. Maybe it is just best to do one or the other. I prefer to count so I can eat what I want now, but when I was losing with sw I didn't count cals.

You have nothing to lose by joining a class I suppose, like you said you can just stop going if you think it's a waste of time.

Hope you enjoyed the roast and apple pie! Havnt had apple pie in such a long time! Think I might make my own version of apple crumbl at some points with porridge oats x

Maybe you have a point, I found I was struggling to maintain and I was adding cals into MFP. Maybe it is just best to do one or the other. I prefer to count so I can eat what I want now, but when I was losing with sw I didn't count cals.

You have nothing to lose by joining a class I suppose, like you said you can just stop going if you think it's a waste of time.

Hope you enjoyed the roast and apple pie! Havnt had apple pie in such a long time! Think I might make my own version of apple crumbl at some points with porridge oats x

I saw Sheila (texty) did something like an apple pie using the warburtons thins on top with cinnamon and cooking it in the oven recently...looked lovely!
and my friend who isn't on ww or sw posted something last night about an struddle type thing she'd made using wraps and had rolled the apple up inside...if cooked fruit is free for you you'd be on to a winner there! especially with the thins if you were on a F&H week? ;)

i've had a lovely day....spent time with family, it's been so long!
i cooked my meat for hrs so it was super tender...literally just crumbled, made mashed potatoes, sw roasties, carrot & suede mash and peas/sweetcorn with 2 little yorkies for everyone then we had apple pie and ice cream and i got a hot fudge cake thing for everyone to pick at - too rich for me but they all loved it!
we never have a pudding at home unless its xmas and that was the last time! sadly, cos there were 6 of us, we didn't get the huge portions we'd all greedily want lol, not a bad thing tho cos i was full but not uncomfy and i'm def ready for a wee something now

it's the 1st time i've cooked myself for 6 and i managed great! think if it was pre sw i'd have been flapping but used to multi tasking now with the cooker etc so it was fine.
they all loved it and i managed to get it just right with amounts - was worried there wasn't going to be enough.

tonight i tried a wee denim jacket my mum had on and i was shocked that it fitted me! it was a Jasper Conran size 12 and although i couldn't get it fastened, i'd def be able to wear it and i was surprised!
i also had a top which was far too tight for me and thought she could wear it or it would be baggy...it wasn't!
i don't think she looks over weight (she's not!) or too slim and it made me realise how differently we see ourselves!

so that was my NSV and i'm taking it....reckon if i start to work on my mindset a bit more then maybe it'll be half the battle for starting again if i do join a class in a few weeks!

you've got a perfect balance now cos you're in control and tracking foods which were a no no (well, some) on sw and for maintaining, that's probably the best way!
you had to try it too...it might not have been right for you but you really are eating a huge mixture of foods but food optimising will always come naturally for you - win win! ;) xx

Yeah I've seen the apple pie thins on IG I will try them at some point :) I really prefer crumble though than pie!

Your dinner sounds fab sounds like you did a great job! Bet everyone enjoyed it.

you're right we do see ourselves as bigger sometimes. Well done on fitting into the size 12! X

hey folks....
not been on here much this week, had so much going on and been trying to sort stuff for my holiday.

the weather has been scorching here which has meant i've not really felt like eating/making meals. been on and off plan i suppose....on in the sense most of my foods on monday/tues were sw friendly but when i've not wanted dinner, i've ended up having a bowl of fruit and fibre (not measured) with banana at 8pm cos we've just not been hungry at dinner time.
suppose it could've been worse - at least i've been eating cereal instead of phoning takeaway at night when it's past dinner time and we finally feel hungry!

tuesday was a full day on plan, yesterday i took sw foods to work but had crisps at lunch time with some strawberries instead of the mac and cheese i took then had a nectarine about 6pm and that was me until 8.30pm when i had cereal again.
think it's the heat to be honest, my OH has been the same and we've just not felt hungry cos we've been drinking more and then i refuse to cook something that late when it's getting cooler and we finally feel proper hungry!

also didn't buy too much shopping (for the fridge) at the weekend cos i knew i'd end up throwing half of it out tomorrow so while i've been tucking into my cereal, he's been having things like micro noodles and smoked sausages etc lol.

he needs the calories...i don't...but normal service will resume once we're back and the fridge is stocked up properly!

it's been a bit the same for clothes! lol
i've packed most things so for the next day or two, i'll be a bit of a state trying to find stuff to wear. been getting everything washed etc but at least we've had the weather to get it dried and away on the same day instead of it all hanging about!

no more work for me now - yippeee :D
i'm off to get waxed this morning then i need to nip to the shops to get some of the travel size bottles and that's about it i think.

i've woken this morning hungry and desperate for a decent meal - something substantial but haven't taken anything out the freezer so not sure what the plan is for dinner tonight.
might grab myself a subway sandwich today when i'm out. i know the bread is illegal but i'm desperate for the salad etc and really, it's not like it's the end of the world to have it!

hope everyone's having a great week. i'll try and pop on before we go but i added a travel package to my phone which means i can go online when i'm away for £1.99 a day so i reckon i'll be here at some point ;)

thought that was a great deal....i bet if i bought wifi from the hotel it would work out more than £14 for the week? and i only get charged that the days i use it.
calls and texts are separate but i won't be phoning and i can always use whatsapp to msg but if not, it's only 7p a text.
sad that i'm thinking about internet when i'm away but realistically, we're all never off out phones these days so i'm not sure i'd have managed the whole week :giggle:
xxx

Aww I bet you're proper looking forward to your holiday now!

Its been warm here too I'm loving it, waiting on my cousin then we're going to get ourselves out for a lovely long walk. We did it last week and enjoyed it so much! You're right though the food thing is hard when it's warm, you just don't feel hungry when it's meal times hen find yourself picking cos you've let yourself get hungry! I had a salad yesterday cos didn't know what else to have but salads irritate my IBS a bit and give me wind, and it's awful so I don't really fancy making that a habit!

Ive ve not been posting much either, I do it all on IG so find writing food on here aswell a bit of a chore and just havnt been bothering. But it's all good!

Do you follow my WW IG account? It's all I really use these days x

Yeah huni...I do :)

Well, we are here and I am exhausted :(

Didn't sleep well but was up at 2:30 am for a shower etc, left at 4am, checked in just after 5 and flight was at 7am.
It's so warm...no air con in the apt so we hired a fan...I say fan but reckon I could blow myself cooler lol

Been ready for a sleep for hrs but trying to keep awake and really hope I rest tonight!

I've drank my body weight in water and we went for a walk earlier so maybe that all week will counteract some of the badness I will participate in hehe

Did manage to pick up a BNS and falafel salad from the tesco in the airport before we left so I can have that over the next few days ;)
Not syn free now I know but sw really isn't in my head right now!

Hope everyone is good, I can see me being on and off this all week...how sad eh lol xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back