Page 25 of 220 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 125 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 3298
Like Tree860Likes

Thread: A diary of a slimming world consultant

  1. #361
    Really Really likes to post!

    Join Date
    9th May, 2012
    Posts
    1,397
    Rep Power
    41
    Exactly. I find one group really hard to handle coz I work full time aswell. I would consider doing two groups later on when I'm a bit more used to it. Are both groups at the same venue on the same day? Otherwise u will have to do double the amount of promotion and leaflets x

  2. #362
    Likes to post

    Join Date
    21st June, 2011
    Location
    Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    9
    Diet: Slimming World
    Height: 5ft8in
    Start Date: 16/10/12
    Quote Originally Posted by rosierose15 View Post
    Exactly. I find one group really hard to handle coz I work full time aswell. I would consider doing two groups later on when I'm a bit more used to it. Are both groups at the same venue on the same day? Otherwise u will have to do double the amount of promotion and leaflets x
    I'm lucky as I'm a full time mummy, so I don't work. I have a great support from my family to look after children before the fella gets home from work. It's 5.15-6.45 then 7-8.30pm. All at same venue on same day. 1 group but 2 classes. So I don't have to pay for double franchise.

    My consultant said she'd help with leaflets, posters etc and anything she can. I've got 11 people on a list to help me too. So hopefully I'll get through the interview!!

    Looking forward to your group tonight?

  3. #363
    Likes to post

    Join Date
    16th September, 2010
    Posts
    188
    Rep Power
    17
    Diet: Weight Watchers
    Height: 5ft6in
    Start Date: 16/09/2013
    Goal Date: 01/07/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by hannah28 View Post

    Probably not no! But I can't let this opportunity go by. I'm going to go for it and hope for the best! Sometimes so things are meant to be! x
    Wow, good Luck Hannah, sounds very positive and too good an opportunity to miss, sometimes you've just got to go for it! You've already got lots of help at hand so it's looking good.

    Hope all goes well x

  4. #364
    Likes to post

    Join Date
    21st June, 2011
    Location
    Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    9
    Diet: Slimming World
    Height: 5ft8in
    Start Date: 16/10/12
    Quote Originally Posted by AwaywitheFairies View Post

    Wow, good Luck Hannah, sounds very positive and too good an opportunity to miss, sometimes you've just got to go for it! You've already got lots of help at hand so it's looking good.

    Hope all goes well x
    Thank you!! It's taken me by complete surprise!! Everything is leading me to say yes and go for it! I'm 30 in April and I've got such a big thing about being 30 and ironically if I was accepted. My first group would be 30th April and I'll be 30! Spooky! I know it's going to be hard work! I worked in London for 8 years for a morning tv show so I know what hard work is. I miss that! Saying that being a mum of 2 is hard work too, a joy nonetheless!

    How's it going for you? That's fab about helping your members. Is your group on Tuesdays? x

  5. #365
    Likes to post

    Join Date
    16th September, 2010
    Posts
    188
    Rep Power
    17
    Diet: Weight Watchers
    Height: 5ft6in
    Start Date: 16/09/2013
    Goal Date: 01/07/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by hannah28 View Post

    Thank you!! It's taken me by complete surprise!! Everything is leading me to say yes and go for it! I'm 30 in April and I've got such a big thing about being 30 and ironically if I was accepted. My first group would be 30th April and I'll be 30! Spooky! I know it's going to be hard work! I worked in London for 8 years for a morning tv show so I know what hard work is. I miss that! Saying that being a mum of 2 is hard work too, a joy nonetheless!

    How's it going for you? That's fab about helping your members. Is your group on Tuesdays? x
    Hiya

    Yes my group is Tuesdays at 7.30pm it was brand new so I am hoping to build it up. I didn't intentionally decide to do this either, for some reason I just found myself going through each stage after I went to the opps event and suddenly here I am with my own group. I knew I would be mad to take it on as working 3 full days a week and having 2 boys aged 7 & 9 left little time spare but I just couldn't let the opportunity pass by I just felt compelled to pursue it for some reason lol!

    It is a lot of work but its varied and I am enjoying it, I'm tired and there is always something to do but it's so different to working for an employer, it's what you make it, I think you'll get out what you put in.

    Shopping will never be the same again either, I'm always looking for raffle prizes and bargains, this week as its Chinese New Year I've got a cheap wok from Asda with some dried noodles, soy sauce, stir fry veg, chinese rice and a 6.5 syn stir fry sauce. There are lots of FB groups you can get added too as a consultant for interest table, raffle and ideas for visuals too.

    I have every confidence you'll get it and there is lots of help out there if the ideas don't flow or you're not that creative.
    X

  6. #366
    Regular Member

    Join Date
    10th August, 2012
    Posts
    87
    Rep Power
    3
    Diet: Slimming World
    Height: 5ft6in
    Start Date: 06/03/2012
    Start Weight: 15st3lb
    Current Weight: 11st10.5lb
    Goal Weight: 9st13lb
    Goal Date: 25/12/2013


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 34.4
    Current BMI: 26.5
    Goal BMI: 22.4


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 3st6.5lb
    Weight to Lose: 1st11.5lb
    % Lost 22.77%
    Good luck Hannah, sounds like a great opportunity for you. I think its probably an advantage to start at an existing group rather than build one up because not only do you already have existing members but you also get their wealth of knowledge and ideas in your first few image therapy talks and they are more likely to chip in with things rather than trying to talk to a sea of faces who are all new to it! x

  7. #367
    Likes to post

    Join Date
    21st June, 2011
    Location
    Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    9
    Diet: Slimming World
    Height: 5ft8in
    Start Date: 16/10/12
    Quote Originally Posted by AwaywitheFairies View Post

    Hiya

    Yes my group is Tuesdays at 7.30pm it was brand new so I am hoping to build it up. I didn't intentionally decide to do this either, for some reason I just found myself going through each stage after I went to the opps event and suddenly here I am with my own group. I knew I would be mad to take it on as working 3 full days a week and having 2 boys aged 7 & 9 left little time spare but I just couldn't let the opportunity pass by I just felt compelled to pursue it for some reason lol!

    It is a lot of work but its varied and I am enjoying it, I'm tired and there is always something to do but it's so different to working for an employer, it's what you make it, I think you'll get out what you put in.

    Shopping will never be the same again either, I'm always looking for raffle prizes and bargains, this week as its Chinese New Year I've got a cheap wok from Asda with some dried noodles, soy sauce, stir fry veg, chinese rice and a 6.5 syn stir fry sauce. There are lots of FB groups you can get added too as a consultant for interest table, raffle and ideas for visuals too.

    I have every confidence you'll get it and there is lots of help out there if the ideas don't flow or you're not that creative.
    X
    I understand what you mean when you say that you're compelled to do it! It's like a drug (not that I've done drugs! Lol!) isn't it?! I really hope I get it. I'm looking forward to it all, not working for just over 3 years, I'm raring to get my teeth into something!

    I've always worked in the creative fields (tv, marketing, PR) so I'm hoping that comes in handy!! I'm really excited and I hope I get through! It's just a lot to think about. As you say you just can't let an opportunity go by. I'd be gutted if I lost the groups to someone else.

    You can't have any time to yourself then, looking after your Sons, work and SW! But if sw is as rewarding as they say it is its all worth it. I agree it's what you put into it. I've still got to get my 25 members even though there's probably about 70 already! God this is going to be tough!! But I'm going to give it my all and try my best and that's all I can do!

    Are you enjoying it? I must say that everyone yesterday was so lovely and supportive and it wasn't competitive with the current consultants, they genuinely wanted me to succeed. Which was lovely and it had a family feel to it. x

  8. #368
    Likes to post

    Join Date
    21st June, 2011
    Location
    Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    9
    Diet: Slimming World
    Height: 5ft8in
    Start Date: 16/10/12
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryCottage View Post
    Good luck Hannah, sounds like a great opportunity for you. I think its probably an advantage to start at an existing group rather than build one up because not only do you already have existing members but you also get their wealth of knowledge and ideas in your first few image therapy talks and they are more likely to chip in with things rather than trying to talk to a sea of faces who are all new to it! x
    Thank you! I totally agree with you, it sounds a lot easier. But I'll still be pounding the street with my leaflets and posters, FB page (I'm very into social media), car magnets, t-shirts and other promotional bits. I just hope that I get through.

    How are you after last week? You were disappointed. I'm sure this week, they be loads more members. x

  9. #369
    Regular Member

    Join Date
    10th August, 2012
    Posts
    87
    Rep Power
    3
    Diet: Slimming World
    Height: 5ft6in
    Start Date: 06/03/2012
    Start Weight: 15st3lb
    Current Weight: 11st10.5lb
    Goal Weight: 9st13lb
    Goal Date: 25/12/2013


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 34.4
    Current BMI: 26.5
    Goal BMI: 22.4


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 3st6.5lb
    Weight to Lose: 1st11.5lb
    % Lost 22.77%
    Im staying positive and still giving it 100% effort and optimism this week! hope I get plenty of newbies. I made support calls yesterday evening to the ladies who joined last week to see how they were doing on their week one and they were so lovely and complimentary that it really spurred me on again!! x

  10. #370
    Member

    Join Date
    4th February, 2013
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0
    ive just started this week.. wish me luck :-)

  11. #371
    Likes to post

    Join Date
    21st June, 2011
    Location
    Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    9
    Diet: Slimming World
    Height: 5ft8in
    Start Date: 16/10/12
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryCottage View Post
    Im staying positive and still giving it 100% effort and optimism this week! hope I get plenty of newbies. I made support calls yesterday evening to the ladies who joined last week to see how they were doing on their week one and they were so lovely and complimentary that it really spurred me on again!! x
    That's fantastic!! I'm sure you'll have lots more tomorrow! Last week as well it was terrible weather! So people may not have wanted to venture out! Let us know how you get on. What night is your group?x

  12. #372
    Likes to post

    Join Date
    21st June, 2011
    Location
    Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    9
    Diet: Slimming World
    Height: 5ft8in
    Start Date: 16/10/12
    Quote Originally Posted by rachel.p21 View Post
    ive just started this week.. wish me luck :-)
    Hi Rachel! Welcome!

    Have you just started as a consultant? x

  13. #373
    Member

    Join Date
    4th February, 2013
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0
    no slimming world in general.. my starting weight is 17st gotta getting working..hope to be 70lbs lighter byjuly..

  14. #374
    Likes to post

    Join Date
    21st June, 2011
    Location
    Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    9
    Diet: Slimming World
    Height: 5ft8in
    Start Date: 16/10/12
    Quote Originally Posted by rachel.p21 View Post
    no slimming world in general.. my starting weight is 17st gotta getting working..hope to be 70lbs lighter byjuly..
    We done for joining. You're definitely on the right plan. Have you done SW before?

  15. #375
    Likes to post

    Join Date
    21st June, 2011
    Location
    Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    9
    Diet: Slimming World
    Height: 5ft8in
    Start Date: 16/10/12
    Hi all,

    Ive got my follow up call this afternoon!! Eek! Can anyone advise what will be mentioned? Or is it just a call to say yes I'd like to proceed? Any advice welcome! x

Page 25 of 220 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 125 ... LastLast




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.