1/3 superfree rule interpretation - anyone know definitively?

I often have a half a jacket. If I have a big salad, spaghetti hoops and a jacket, I half the jacket and hoops and have it the next day. I never used to and then thought I was over-eating. Works for me. Only for lunch though.

That puts me soooooo to shame!!!!!!

On a green day one of my fav meals is a Jacket Spud smoothered in Batchelors Tomato flavoured packety thing with non fat cottage cheese!!!!! :8855:

Just call me Porky Pig!!!!!

If I have a jacket potato tea, I have 2!! With beans, cottage cheese, corned beef (synned) and an A choice of cheese :) Oh and a bit of salad.........

It's two jacket potatoes for me every time too!

I have just put 4 jackets on, two for me and two for OH, I thought they looked too small to have just one, but then I felt like I am being greedy and that one with beans and salad will fill me up,but now I seen that lots of you have two I don't feel so bad ahaa , I may have just the one though as it is WI for me tomorrow morning and i want a good result x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

And unbelievably - i've just had a mail from SW saying that superfree in a recipe DOES count towards your 1/3rd superfree.

I swear they are just messing with us now.

kingleds said:
And unbelievably - i've just had a mail from SW saying that superfree in a recipe DOES count towards your 1/3rd superfree.

I swear they are just messing with us now.

This is all confusing, oh well, I ain't changing the way I do things, I will have salad/veg/fruit with meals if it suits and in them if it suits....

Happy eating everyone x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

i just made dinner- quorn mince, 2 tins of tomatoes, a pepper and spices and stuff and some pasta

and i didnt have salad

oh im a rebel :sign0151:

I've just hjad this reply from SW:

Me:
"I have a question about 1/3 superfree on EE. Can I confirm it is 1/3 of the *whole meal* that must be superfree? For example, if I was making a stew, provided 1/3 of the content of the stew itself is superfree that complies with EE superfree rules, and I wouldn't have to add any more vegetables to my plate on the side? (Although I appreciate this would be an added bonus as the more superfree the better).

The 1/3 superfree includes *ALL* the food included in any particular meal and doesn;lt mean I have to have 1/3 superfree on my plate *in addition to* any that may already be included in things such as soups, stews, casseroles etc?

Thanks for your time
"

SW:
"Many thanks for your email and please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in replying. We’ve been experiencing an unprecedented high volume of email enquires, and because we reply to them individually, it’s taking us longer to respond.

You are absolutely right about the proportions of Superfree food as mentioned in the first paragraph of your email below. If you have plenty of Superfree vegetables in your stew, and you feel its 1/3, than this is fine. However, if you want to add more please feel free.

So with any meal if you think it represents 1/3 Superfree, there’s no need to add more if you don’t want to. However, if you have a meal like beans on toast for example where you wouldn’t add salad or veg, then you could have fruit before or after to give you the 1/3 Superfree food.

I hope this helps

Kindest regards

Lorraine and the team at Slimming World Online
"

Well that reply is exactly what I do anyway, so I'm satisfied with that :) I have a bowl of superfree soup or some fruit while I'm making dinner/after dinner if my meal isn't going to contain the 1/3 SF!

However, if you have a meal like beans on toast for example where you wouldn’t add salad or veg, then you could have fruit before or after to give you the 1/3 Superfree food.

i am pleased this has been verified i don't always want toms or mushrooms with my beans on toast and would have fruit but was told this didn't count :D

Back