140lb to lose

I decided to walk to my town centre my girlfriend really didn't want to walk with me but I was pretty determined I was doing it. My gf hates walking she would do anything but walk & to my amazement she joined me today. So I'm feeling pretty proud of the both of us. So we went to get weighed we are both around the same weight & have been trying to lose weight together but my gf isn't really as strong willed wont use mfp or log anything that she's eating so I pretty much do it for us both she doesn't use orlistat/xenical like me anyway lol I'm rambling we got weighted I've lost 1lb & she lost 4lb queue my utter shock & then pretty much jealousy, then omg what am I doing wrong .. She's not trying as hard as me , we eat the same things I know because I make them but then I realised its a loss my body is completely different to hers & I'm not trying to make this an excuse but my totm is constant as in not stopped since January. Sometimes heavy sometimes very light. The doctors can't stop my totm / year (lol) until the can control my blood pressure. It's a fab loss & I am really pleased as I've stopped going to my classes using here & mfp & I feel so much better about well everything really ?

Just to add on to this do you think I am using to many calories? I am 29 5ft 3" & 21st 5lb I eat 1725 calories per day I don't count veg/ salad . I used Scottish slimmers they use checks for my weight range that is 65 checks each check is 25 calories which would make 1625 calories. You then get another 100 calories for dairy product (low fat, muller light etc) Tia x

Well done for walking into town with your gf hun.

I have no idea on CC so sorry cant help.

TOTM used to effect my weight loss.

I am sure you will maybe see a bigger loss next week hun. Its so frustrating isn't it.

xxx

Well done for walking into town with your gf hun. I have no idea on CC so sorry cant help. TOTM used to effect my weight loss. I am sure you will maybe see a bigger loss next week hun. Its so frustrating isn't it. xxx

Thanks jules it's so frustrating just wish my totm would stop it is getting to me a lot now but as it's a constant thing doctor seems to think that as it's constant I should be losing normally but i just feel so frustrated trying to tell them that I get all the symptoms of a totm on a constant basis. Trying to lose weight when your craving chocolate or as I say to my gf my ovaries need it lol it's horrible don't get me wrong although at the min it's constant it can go away altogether i don't complain then lol, generally I don't like chocolate unless it's totm but when your totm lasts 7 months it's hard to keep motivated.

Aw hun it must be so hard to keep motivated when your TOTM has lasted that long. Can you go on the pill to stop it hun I am on the mini pilll and get no periods at all :) I liked it when you said `your ovaries` need the chocolate :) lol.

xxx

I don't think you're eating too many calories, hon. When you've got a fair amount to lose it's vital to eat enough, or you won't be able to sustain the losses. I started out with 10 stone to lose as well, and I started off on 1,800-2,000 a day. I've lost mine now, plus a bit more, and I'm down to 1,400 now on most days, but it is really important to not go low too soon. :) xx

Just to add on to this do you think I am using to many calories? I am 29 5ft 3" & 21st 5lb I eat 1725 calories per day I don't count veg/ salad . I used Scottish slimmers they use checks for my weight range that is 65 checks each check is 25 calories which would make 1625 calories. You then get another 100 calories for dairy product (low fat, muller light etc) Tia x

Your BMR is about 2120ish so really you could eat a little more if you like. To maintain your weight you'd need to take in around 2500 so if you want to up it to 2000 you've plenty of room. It's important to start high so you've room to get lower each time :)

I decided to walk to my town centre my girlfriend really didn't want to walk with me but I was pretty determined I was doing it. My gf hates walking she would do anything but walk & to my amazement she joined me today. So I'm feeling pretty proud of the both of us. So we went to get weighed we are both around the same weight & have been trying to lose weight together but my gf isn't really as strong willed wont use mfp or log anything that she's eating so I pretty much do it for us both she doesn't use orlistat/xenical like me anyway lol I'm rambling we got weighted I've lost 1lb & she lost 4lb queue my utter shock & then pretty much jealousy, then omg what am I doing wrong .. She's not trying as hard as me , we eat the same things I know because I make them but then I realised its a loss my body is completely different to hers & I'm not trying to make this an excuse but my totm is constant as in not stopped since January. Sometimes heavy sometimes very light. The doctors can't stop my totm / year (lol) until the can control my blood pressure. It's a fab loss & I am really pleased as I've stopped going to my classes using here & mfp & I feel so much better about well everything really ?

I bet she's feeling massively proud of you too :) Well done to you both! :)

I'm guessing she's lost a little more as she's just "starting" if you get me, where as she's starting it properly for the first time. Hopeflly you'll both be right up there together - it's easier when you've got someone who is in the same boat with you :)

Hope the doctors can sort you out soon hun!

What a lovely friendly bunch you lot are congrats on every step you take, I love walking now but just like you it was a huge struggle in the beginning if its an option I would def say pick up a pedometer each its so addictive just to beat last weeks or yesterdays steps in fact I would tell anyone and everyone to grab one lol.. Hope your having a lovely weekend x

Hope you are doing ok today hun xxx

Well done on the walk and on your loss, Poppy that's fabulous - little and often is absolutely the key!

I am the worst at motivating myself to do exercise but just one week of doing Leslie Sansone's 1 mile walk express (find her on YouTube, you can do it indoors and it's fabulous) and I feel better and less breathless xxx

Thanks for all your replies ,

I've currently just ate a McDonald's & will most likely have a takeaway ) for my dinner (try to be as healthy as I can make it) due to being very unorganised due to a family emergency but that's ok. These things happen. I'm glad I'm having enough calories as I was panicking I think I will stick to what I'm eating as With fruit & veg I eat 1900-2000 calories. I think this week excluding today obviously I will take more care weighing & logging my food.

So what do you order from a takeaway that's healthier?

X

hi hun you will be back on it in no time x x :D

Focus on the family stuff hun, but you do sound so in focus I'm sure eating within your cal range will come naturally to you xxx

Just a one off it was my own fault I forgot to leave chicken out the freezer. I live in middle of nowhere & I currently don't drive so couldn't pop to supermarket. Anyway what's done is done new day & back on plan. How was your weekend? How are you doing? X

It was nice thanks, recovering from a night out on Friday and quiet yesterday, just pootling about doing a few chores - but nothing too strenuous! :)

Hope you are doing ok and enjoyed your take away hun xxx

Takeaway ... Certainly suffering now if I thought orlistat wasn't working well it's certainly working now ...

As I am off work & my gf is a student & off for summer holidays we are always together today is one of the rare days I have the house to myself I am looking forward to it :D

My eating over the last few days have been ok not the best but I haven't been shopping but will do this today. Need some ideas for eating different things trying new things.

Thanks psp had to go food shopping hate food shopping :( but done now just need to put it away I'm feeling a bit fed up today think its because I weighed myself & I've gained 1lb just hope I can turn it around for my official weigh in on Saturday how's your day ?

Back