2 WEEK 100% CHALLENGE (Start: 11/05/14)

Big honk for me!

Hi MiniMel. Thanks for ur kind words. Shocked the US give you such few holidays. What do you teach? ? How has ur day been. End of day 4. Feeling cranky but not hungry. I am putting it down to post menstrual rather than diet. But have noticed the diet can some times cause your moods to dip unexpectedly... particularly in the evenings.

However it's a fantastic diet. How has everyone been today. I have resisted eating at my sisters dinner party. I think I may have had an epiphany when I walked passed my reflection. I really am big now and need to do something about it. Doing something about it means saying no to yummy food till I am happy to walk pass that mirror again.

Sorry for waffling peeps xx

Sorry, late one...

Honk for yesterday

also weighed this morning for challenge 10 st 1 lbs

hoping for 9s by the end of challenge :)

START WEIGHT (2 Week Challenge - 11/05/14)

Beverley75 - 14st 13lbs
CrazyDiamond - 11st 7.4lbs
MinnieMel 12st 4lbs
Lou_G 11'9.6''
Ni79 12.1 st
Jo1989 12st 12lb
Clinquant 14st 9lb
Aaliegha
Frau frau 15st 5
Slim-Kat 10st 1lb
Beelishy - 15st 7.8lb

Good morning all! Here we go.... A full working day begins on our 2 week challenge :) Remember to come and scream for help if you need it.

Let's stay focused: No excuses, no stories :D We can do this - another full roster of 'honks' to look forward to tonight! Whoop whoop :flirt2:

Morning!

Well done on all the HONKS!

I'm joining you today (like Slim-Kat) because we had American Mother's Day plans out. I should rewrite . . . But I really don't want to know what damage I did yesterday.

I have enough s S & S shakes and packs to start - and then I'm ordering more today. I really like the two new flavors I've tried (lemon and cherry chocolate).

Hi MiniMel. Thanks for ur kind words. Shocked the US give you such few holidays. What do you teach? ? How has ur day been. End of day 4. Feeling cranky but not hungry. I am putting it down to post menstrual rather than diet. But have noticed the diet can some times cause your moods to dip unexpectedly... particularly in the evenings.

However it's a fantastic diet. How has everyone been today. I have resisted eating at my sisters dinner party. I think I may have had an epiphany when I walked passed my reflection. I really am big now and need to do something about it. Doing something about it means saying no to yummy food till I am happy to walk pass that mirror again.

Sorry for waffling peeps xx

You'd be even more shocked by this . . . The US has NO national maternity leave policy! In New York State teachers have to use their sick leave for maternity leave. If you have gone to university, then graduate school (NY now requires a Masters to START teaching) then you're probably going to be at an age you're considering marrying and starting a family. But, you get 20 days of sick leave a year (which is a lot -- unless you have an operation or a baby). I worked with one woman who had her third child in five years (not planned) and she was short on leave . . . fortunately, anyone with leave left at the end of the school year can gift 2 days of sick leave to a bank. So, we covered her shortfall. But not everyone would do that - They'd worry they might need their leave (which accrues) and when you retire you can use your leave to pay your health insurance premiums. British people do not always realize how much their high taxes provide.

The last job I had in the States was teaching Social Studies (history, government, economics, religion and geography) to 6th, 7th and 8th graders. I've worked as a TA here in the UK mostly in foreign language classes (French and German).

But, I haven't been working outside the home for the past few years. My father was very ill for sometime and I was back and forth to the States.

The hardest thing about being on a VLCD whilst working in a school (I did Lighter Life while working) was getting to the loo with all the water.

Sorry, late one...

Honk for yesterday

also weighed this morning for challenge 10 st 1 lbs

hoping for 9s by the end of challenge :)

I'm starting today, too. :)

Wow Minnie. Did not imagine that the US wouldn't have a maternity leave policy! I live in Dubai and even here we have a 45 day leave policy!

Day 2 - Keep it coming!!!

Just updating with my start weight
its my first day of the challenge today

Beverley75 - 14st 13lbs
MinnieMel 12st 4lbs
Lou_G 11'9.6''
Ni79 12.1 st
Jo1989 12st 12lb
Clinquant 14st 9lb
Aaliegha - 15st 9lb
Frau frau 15st 5
Slim-Kat 10st 1lb
Beelishy - 15st 7.8lb

have a great day everyone

Wow Minnie. Did not imagine that the US wouldn't have a maternity leave policy! I live in Dubai and even here we have a 45 day leave policy!

Day 2 - Keep it coming!!!

It varies from State to State - but it's not great. The best most women get (not by law, but by employee benefits) is usually 6 weeks, 8 if you have a c-section.

That's crackers!!!

When I had dd2 I got 6 months full pay 6 months half... That sent me back to work... You don't know how lucky you are really do you....

Anyway

Hello there. I need to add myself in.

Bettiesrevenge 14st 6

Will go add it now

That's crackers!!!

When I had dd2 I got 6 months full pay 6 months half... That sent me back to work... You don't know how lucky you are really do you....

Anyway

Hello there. I need to add myself in.

Bettiesrevenge 14st 6

Will go add it now

The Germans get 1 year full, 2nd year reduced -I think 75, 3rd year 1/2 and then thru have their second child. If they have a second.

It's terrible pushing women back to the labour market like that. It's pure capitalism! If you are anything like me it takes you 6 months to regain the power of thought after all those pregnancy hormones.

Anyone know how to add myself to the list without rewriting it? I'm on my phone and it's formatting strangely

Beverley75 - 14st 13lbs
MinnieMel 12st 4lbs
Lou_G 11'9.6''
Ni79 12.1 st
Jo1989 12st 12lb
Clinquant 14st 9lb
Aaliegha - 15st 9lb
Frau frau 15st 5
Slim-Kat 10st 1lb
Beelishy - 15st 7.8lb
Bettiesrevenge - 14st 6lbs

Added you, Nat.

How is everyone doing. I know this is a 2 week challenge. But just imagine if we could challenge ourselves to 40 days???

Anyone interested after we most definitely get through our two weeks? Xx

Hi can I join please :) I'm going on holiday 3 weeks today so I'm aiming for at least 2 weeks 100% but hoping for 3 weeks (that's when I go away!)

My start weight is 11 stone 11 xxx

Back