2013: New Year, New Start: Kirsty's road to target!

Tuesday 22nd January 2013

Extra Easy

HEXA: 3 Babybel light
HEXB: 2 slices Warburtons wholemeal bread

Breakfast

Had a bacon sandwich using my HEXB and 2 cups of hazelnut coffee

Lunch

Had a salad with chicken and my HEXA, plus a toffee Muller light and 2 cups of Detox tea. Apples for both tea breaks.

Dinner

Had leftover cottage pie with lots of carrots, leeks and broccoli. A Muller light for after. Plus more detox tea.

Syns

1 tbsp Heinz reduced salt tomato k (0.5)
1 Curly Wurly (6)

Total Syns for the day: 6.5

A good day food-wise, used all my weekly Syns up and lots of super free!

Update on husbands progress: he has lost 2.5lbs this week, meaning he has lost 10lbs in 3 weeks! I'm hoping for a similar loss when I WI tonight!

1.5lbs off for me this week, pretty chuffed about that :) had a really good chat with my C and she thinks once I reach 11st 5lbs I will be at target, so considering changing it. I have to admit I'm afraid of getting to target as worried about maintaining it x

1.5lbs off for me this week, pretty chuffed about that :) had a really good chat with my C and she thinks once I reach 11st 5lbs I will be at target, so considering changing it. I have to admit I'm afraid of getting to target as worried about maintaining it x
Well done on the loss, that's brilliant!! Don't worry about reaching target hun, you should just be really proud of how far you've come:).xx

Well done on the loss, that's brilliant!! Don't worry about reaching target hun, you should just be really proud of how far you've come:).xx
Thanks :D I'm pretty happy right now and so is husband so its all good :) x

Slightly stressed today- got some big financial problems but I'm proud of myself as I went food shopping this morning and managed to avoid buying anything naughty and bingeing on it! Really wanted a croissant with Nutella, but shocked myself into not buying one by checking the Syn value of it before I left the house!
Talked to husband last night about my target and what my C said and he also thinks I should aim for 11st 5lbs so I think I'm going to reset my target and see what happens when I get there. If I want to lower it I can :) x

Thursday 24th January 2013

Extra Easy

HEXA: 30g cheddar
HEXB: Hi Fi Deluxe chocolate bar

Breakfast

Really couldn't make up my mind this morning so ran out of time and just had my HEXB with a hazelnut coffee.

Lunch

Decided on a pkt of Savoury Rice, added some extra veg, then had pineapple and a Muller light. Another cup of hazelnut coffee.

Dinner

At my Mum's as usual on a Thursday night so had a massive jacket potato with some Flora buttery, lots of beans and my HEXA :) also managed another Muller light, 2 cups of tea and diet lemonade.

Syns

2 Rich Tea fingers (2)
1 tsp Flora Buttery (1.5)
50ml skimmed milk (1)
1 Curly Wurly (6)
1 Velvet Crunch (4)

Total Syns for the day:

Very good day food-wise, feel like I've binged but I haven't :) had my Curly Wurly and my Velvet Crunch with another hazelnut coffee (yes I'm addicted!!) when I got in from Mum's and felt naughty :)
Planned my weeks meals and we are having an Indian night on Saturday which I'm looking forward to :)

I must say I'm feeling much more relaxed about the whole plan this week, I think it's because I've realised I'm so close to target now, whereas last week I was getting stressed about not losing much and I think my original target was un-achieve able.

Very tired now, time for cuddles on the sofa with my sleepy doggies :) x

Friday 25th January 2013

Extra Easy

HEXA: 350ml skimmed milk
HEXB: 2 Alpen light bars

Breakfast

Made rice pudding using 200ml of my HEXA, sweetener and a tbsp of golden syrup :) hazelnut coffee to was it down :)

Lunch

Savoury rice with added veggies and more coffee.

Dinner

Chicken stir fry using 2 big tubs of stir fry veg from Tesco, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and noodles. A Muller light and diet lemonade after.

Syns

1 tbsp golden syrup (2.5)
1 Curly Wurly (6)
1 Velvet Crunch (4)

Total Syns for the day:

A very light day for food actually, so made up for it by using my Syns on crips and chocolate in the evening :)

Saturday 26th January 2013

Extra Easy

HEXA: 2 mini Babybel original cheeses
HEXB: 2 slices Warburtons wholemeal bread

Breakfast

Scrambled eggs on toast (HEXB) and hazelnut coffee

Lunch

Savoury Rice with added veggies, my HEXA and pineapple afterwards. Hazelnut coffee and diet lemonade.

Dinner

Indian! Made a chicken madras and pilau rice, plus mini poppadums and Indian snacks (bhaji's, pakoras, samosas). It was very yummy! Had 2 glasses of Sancerre afterwards :)

Syns

8 Mini eggs (6)
2 Ferrero Rocher (7)
1 Ferrero Raffaelo (3)
1 Lindt ball (4)
2 mini onion bhaji's (3)
2 mini veg pakoras (4)
2 mini veg samosas (8)
25g mini poppadums (6.5)
250ml glass Sancerre (8)
175ml glass Sancerre (6)

Total Syns for the day: 55.5. Flexi synned for 50 so only went over by 5.5. Means I've had 82.5 Syns so far this week out of 105 so not too bad. Leaves me with 22.5 for next few days, going to limit myself just like I did last week :)

A good day, really enjoyed tonight, totally worth all the Syns :) hadn't originally planned to have Sancerre but it was open from last weekend and I thought I may as well finish the bottle, temptation is gone then! ESP as I have no money to buy anymore!
Going to MIL for Sunday dinner tomorrow, slightly annoyed as she has brought an apple crumble (M&S most likely) and some fresh custard (again, M&S) for dessert and whilst I love both, I'm trying to get this last little bit off and she knows it! The more annoying thing is that she started back on SW 2 weeks ago (she's been doing it for years) but still won't Syn it!
Anyway am going to be a good girl and say no- hard as that will be. I have to admit, if I hadn't Flexi synned tonight I would have said sod it tomorrow and have some. X

Husband said to me last night "Have you ever thought about becoming a SW consultant? You'd be really good at it!"
I've been thinking about it for a while I must admit, anyway I've applied using the online form on SW website so we'll see what happens next!
Eek how exciting! X

Sunday 27th January 2013

Extra Easy

HEXA: 2 Babybel original cheeses

Breakfast

Scrambled eggs, bacon, beans, tomatoes and LM red onion and rosemary sausages all washed down with several cups of hazelnut coffee and some pineapple.

Lunch

Savoury Rice, my HEXA and pineapple with plenty of water.

Dinner

A nice pork roast dinner at MIL. Lots of veggies and SW roasties. Only Syns were gravy :) had pineapple, strawberries and grapes with a Muller light for pudding. Diet lemonade to drink.

Syns

1 Ferrero Rocher (3.5)
Gravy (4)

Total Syns for the day:

A really good day, had a minimum number of Syns, leaving me with 15 to split between Monday and Tuesday.
Resisted the Yorkshire puds and the apple crumble and custard (my fave!) :p

Last edited:
I've been a busy girl this afternoon, making dinners and lunches for next few days!
Made burgers for tomorrow night, chilli for Wednesday and for freezer, and pasta salad for husbands lunches. I've chopped the spuds for cottage pie tonight, just got to cook it now. Plus I did some housework and emptied all the bins and recycling and walked the dogs.
And I've only been home since 1:30pm lol! Phew!

I've been a busy girl this afternoon, making dinners and lunches for next few days!
Made burgers for tomorrow night, chilli for Wednesday and for freezer, and pasta salad for husbands lunches. I've chopped the spuds for cottage pie tonight, just got to cook it now. Plus I did some housework and emptied all the bins and recycling and walked the dogs.
And I've only been home since 1:30pm lol! Phew!
Just realised I meant to post photos with that post!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    485.1 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    470.4 KB · Views: 94
Monday 28th Janaury 2013

Extra Easy

Breakfast

A Muller light, an apple, one of my HEXB and coffee.
Lunch

Savoury Rice with added veggies, my HEXA, strawberries and coffee.

Dinner

Cottage pie tonight with sprouts, leeks, peas, broccoli and carrots :) More coffee and detox tea.

Syns

1 tbsp Flora Extra Light (1.5)
15g mini bar G&B's dark choc with hazelnuts (5)

A good day, was pretty busy making lots of dinners and lunches. Only 6.5 Syns so got 8.5 left for tomorrow :)
Husband has got friend over tomorrow night, so after cooking dinner I shall be going upstairs with 8.5 Syns worth of chocolate haha! :p

Last edited:
Husband said to me last night "Have you ever thought about becoming a SW consultant? You'd be really good at it!"
I've been thinking about it for a while I must admit, anyway I've applied using the online form on SW website so we'll see what happens next!
Eek how exciting! X
Wow, that's fantastic news about applying to be a SW Consultant! How exciting!:D

Rice pudding for breakfast is genius!! Do you cook it on the hob? I'm getting really fed up with my breakfasts, so think i'll have to try this!:)

Your meals always sound so lovely - they give me so many ideas. x x x

Yes I cook it on the hob, takes about 20 mins and its so filling! I always have Golden syrup with mine mmm! X

Tuesday 29th January 2013

Extra Easy

Breakfast

Apples and strawberries with a Muller light and coffee.

Lunch

2 Mug shots and my HEXA and coffee

Dinner

Burgers (extra lean mince, onions, garlic, chilli, paprika and coriander) with SW chips, bacon, 'fried' onions, carrots and peppers and some tomato ketchup. A Curly Wurly and coffee later.

Syns

1 tbsp reduced salt Tomato K (0.5)
1 Curly Wurly (6)

A good day, had 8.5 Syns to use and ended up having 2 left! All I cared about was having my Curly Wurly :p

Husband managed to lose 1/2 a pound this week, pretty good considering he indulged in apple crumble and ice cream on Sunday whilst I ate fruit salad!
Hoping for a loss tonight! X

1lb off for me tonight! Very happy with that, if I continue to lose at this rate I'll be at target in 3-4 weeks eek!! X

Yes I cook it on the hob, takes about 20 mins and its so filling! I always have Golden syrup with mine mmm! X

I usually do mine in the oven, but it takes a good few hours! I'll have to try it on the hob:) I usually have mine with jam or frozen berries mmm lol!

Well done on the 1lb loss, you'll be at target in no time! :D x x

Back