2013, the Paleo way!

Well done for not going the easy route :)

I made 3 batches of different paleo soups last weekend, portioned them in sandwhich bags and froze them - been having them for the last week and still got heaps left!
It really takes the guess work out of your lunch and makes it easier for me. If I have leftovers then of course they are my preference but sometimes dinner is just tooo yummy hehe.

x

Day 32:
Breakfast: omelette (half - just didn't fancy it!)
Lunch: lettuce wraps

Dinner: ... :(

I had a mixed veg in black pepper sauce from the Chinese :(

It was the most paleo thing I could find, I avoided noodles and things, but I know it was wrong :(

it was my mother-in-law's birthday & we went over to ask nieces and nephews to be bridesmaids and pageboys for our wedding - so OH and I joined in with the takeaway!

My first non-paleo meal ! :(

80/20 rule :) If we (when we) have Chinese I try to have soup and ask for no MSG in the food. Or beef with spring onion and ginger and leave the sauce - or as much as poss of the sauce.. Or even nicer Thai curry - made with coconut milk etc ..

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh, that sounds like a good idea! The Thai currys, can we have those? I wondered about it, but wasn't sure?

I went to a house-warming last night & there was a group of 8 girls & they all had a chinese! I'm being followed for my sins! >_<

I didn't have any though! The lady whose house it was, her boyfriend cooked me a lovely mixed veg & chorizo dish, bless him!!

I didn't have any of the brownies that were going around, either! *proud*

Day 33:
Lunch: Salad
Dinner: Mixed roast veg (including mushrooms! Yikes!), with some chopped chorizo! Yummy!

Really didn't want breakfast! Was still feeling pretty terrible about the night before, haha! :(

u can have the odd treat on the 80-20 rule :)

Although dont be suprised if you start craving suagr for the next few days, i found when i had my first bite of chocolate it was like injecting herion!! lol.

keep up the good work :)

I have 85% chocolate... A bar lasts me all week... have a few squares every now and then.... you cant eat a lot of it.... find it works for me!!! X

What's the deal with 85% chocolate mixed with coconut milk - will that make a yummy treat? Lol.

I'm not really a sugar person actually - I've only really craved savoury stuff - bread & cheese mostly, lol. But not particularly strong cravings - I can pretty much ignore them!

Day 35:
Breakfast: Sausage meat & onion frittata
Lunch: Salad
Dinner: Mince, sweet potato mash, brussells sprouts, leek

Yum! :)

Good for you :)

Thats really great. And you have been eating healthy nutritious foods and filling your body with what it needs!! No starving yourself or crying into your ice cream at 2 in the morning...!

Keep it up champ. x

Thanks all!

Well, OH had a biiiig contract come through yesterday (He's an electrician), soooo - we decided to bring our valentines day 'treat' forward to last night! :D

On valentines day now, we're going to do a 3 course paleo meal! Watch this space!

However, since our pizza last night, I've been soooo ill & stomach cramps galore! If anything is going to put me off pizza, that's done it! :(

So, I'm home today, only just made it downstairs, feeling sorry for myself! Lots of water, king size duvet & two kittens snuggling up with me.

Gah! I guess bready dough and cheese don't like me any more!

Hi - how are you getting on? Missing drooling at your dinners!

Eeek, I'm so sorry. I've been so busy with work, I don't know whether I'm coming or going. What with swimming twice a week (the pool is 20 miles away!) I don't get home until about 9PM ... gah! My head's just crammed at the moment, I just completely zone out when I get to sit on the sofa! >_<

What with planning a wedding, renovating a house, starting a business, running a freelance design business & working full time ... My head's going to explode!

Paleo's still going amazingly well, thanks! Had an epic sausage casserole the other night! I'll post the recipe when I get chance! Oh maan, it was the tastiest thing EVER! And it did 5 biiig meals! 6, if you're not as greedy as us! :D

I'm at 1st 9lbs lost at the moment - I seem to have reached a bit of a plateau, but I'm not worried! I'm getting so much fitter, it's unreal!

I've upped my swimming from 1 mile (64 lengths - 1.6km) to 2.5km (100 lengths - 1.6 miles) and I'm just feeling great!

Might push it to 3km next time - then 3.2, to make 2 miles! :)

Glad it's all going great - wasn't trying to put on more pressure, just wanted to make sure it was all going good. I've just cooked up a turkey mince, courgette and spinach meatloaf so that I've got something easy and on hand for breakfast for a few days - I think it would be much better with beef but I had the turkey in the freezer. I also bought the E-book Well Fed (there's a free 30 page taster to try before you buy Well Fed: Paleo Recipes For People Who Love To Eat | theclothesmakethegirl) So hope to have some scrummy dishes to share next week. My weight loss has stalled too but not worried as definitely getting fitter, although been run down this week - everyone I know has flu and think I am just about staving it off. Having to travel to swim is a pain - I had a 14 mile trip to the council pool but I've bought membership to the local hotel leisure club - smaller pool but it's only 5 miles away so can spend more time swimming rather than travelling.
Have a great weekend.

*sneaks back in again*

Um.

Hello everyone ... :ashamed0005:

The good news is that I'M MARRIED :D :D :D :D

And now I have more time and brain power to start this up again ... :)

Sorry I have been AWOL, I really am. I've had one hell of a year!!

Back