2014 diary

Wow well done you 12lbs is very satisfying. You've done it before and you can do it again - get the mindset right and it will be fine. I'm bored today - should do more housework but it's not grabbing me so having a coke zero to keep me on track. Day 5 - hopefully getting easier each day for you

Wow well done you 12lbs is very satisfying. You've done it before and you can do it again - get the mindset right and it will be fine. I'm bored today - should do more housework but it's not grabbing me so having a coke zero to keep me on track. Day 5 - hopefully getting easier each day for you

I'm finding it pretty easy actually - Day 1 was the killer. Worst headache ever! Good luck Hun x

Glad you finding it easy - me too actually - although famous last words springs to mind!! I'm at the end of day 6 so feeling ok ketosis wise. Look forward to getting a couple of weeks under my belt but on the whole it's not too bad at all !!!

I Have a coke zero each day which probably isn't ideal but is getting me through if I feel I need something but should probably knock that on the head really otherwise just plodding on

Glad you finding it easy - me too actually - although famous last words springs to mind!! I'm at the end of day 6 so feeling ok ketosis wise. Look forward to getting a couple of weeks under my belt but on the whole it's not too bad at all !!! I Have a coke zero each day which probably isn't ideal but is getting me through if I feel I need something but should probably knock that on the head really otherwise just plodding on

I do that too - it's my only treat! It's okay as long as you only have one I find. Can bring on the hunger if you have more xx

Yes just the one for me too as I don't think it's good for you but gets me over the hump sometimes.

Another ok day today - was off so pleased that it went without a hitch. Day 7 tick. Am going to weigh in on frid so will be in line with some friends doing an Atkins style thing but weighing on Fridays. Mini Diet club .

Yes having friends doing it is good. I have 2 friends and we are keeping each other going - they are doing Atkins but it doesn't really matter that's it different just that you are spurring each other on

So in double figures now - day 11 today. Weighed yesterday and lost 12lbs in 10 days so that's good - a lot of water! Was higher at start as had just got back from a crazy 4 days away so look forward to the lower losses but more actual weight rather than just water. Feeling good on it tho. Survived family do at mine last night with roast and puds so feeling virtuous today

Here to follow your progress... I lost on Cambridge / slim and save and now using exante... I kept it off for years but here I am again!!!! Denial is powerful. And like you said time really does fly when over eating. I feel like I go into a bubble..
And turn into one!!!

Well done on your loss NotLongNow! x

Thanks to my visitors! I can't believe tomorrow will be day 14 - had a very busy stressful 2 days so am very pleased to have stuck it out! Yesterday I had a couple of mouthfuls of cooked chicken but that's fine! I was cooking for 40 so that's nothing really.
Love the feeling of being in ketosis - makes it seem possible . Definitely feeling slimmer and looking forward to weighing in on Friday.

Here to follow your progress... I lost on Cambridge / slim and save and now using exante... I kept it off for years but here I am again!!!! Denial is powerful. And like you said time really does fly when over eating. I feel like I go into a bubble.. And turn into one!!!

I know exactly what you mean - it's like an out of body experience not in my control!! Or maybe it's denial!

How you finding exante? I wasn't that keen on the taste - although think only tried one or two and was ages ago! I like the variety on S&S.

I quite like the tastes. I liked slim and save too but hated the shakes they did.. I'm finding once the first two weeks are done it's getting easier!

So day 16 survived - found it mentally hard today - not really tempted but it seemed to drag.

Got a 'have you lost weight' comment today which was nice. Think today hard as initial big loss done and so now down to the littler ones!

Another day done, had a small piece of smoked salmon but presuming that will be fine as protein.

Struggling last couple of days - not hungry just wishing I was done with it all!!! Got 3 weeks until a weekend away so need to stay focussed and get in with it!

For some reason I've been doing a daily weigh which is rubbish as it's not changing!! Not surprised as I have lost 16lbs in 17 days - a lot of water as weighed day after got back from crazy girlie 4 days cake and Mojito fuelled trip! So I need to step away from the scales as I'm sure that doesn't help. I also know that after big loss in first 2 weeks likely to be v small loss this week so why I've been weighing I don't know.

Another day done, had a small piece of smoked salmon but presuming that will be fine as protein. Struggling last couple of days - not hungry just wishing I was done with it all!!! Got 3 weeks until a weekend away so need to stay focussed and get in with it! For some reason I've been doing a daily weigh which is rubbish as it's not changing!! Not surprised as I have lost 16lbs in 17 days - a lot of water as weighed day after got back from crazy girlie 4 days cake and Mojito fuelled trip! So I need to step away from the scales as I'm sure that doesn't help. I also know that after big loss in first 2 weeks likely to be v small loss this week so why I've been weighing I don't know.

I too have three weeks until a holiday - we can do it! Xx

16lbs in 17days is awesome!!

16lbs in 17days is awesome!!

I know I should shut up really!!! However I do know I wasn't really that weight as some of it was holiday weight/water etc which comes off when you stop eating drinking so much!! I'm not complaining tho. What I think I mean is I would like to be 16lbs lower than the weight I really started at iykwim!

But I'm taking it one day at a time and am happy at the end of each day when I can tick off another successful day. Days when not working, like today, I find the hardest

I too have three weeks until a holiday - we can do it! Xx

Yay we can do it - where you going? Mine is a weekend in Dublin for friends daughters 18th - so 2 mums 2 daughters going - should be fun xx

Back