25 and just getting fatter and fatter! Please HELP me! Before Im double doors sideway

Hello ladies,

Sorry I have been quiet as you have read I didn't have a good time at all.

BUT!!!! went to Fat club as I affectionately/loathingly call it and I had lost 5lbs!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it, I have never lost that much not even in my first week! It cant of even been because of him as that only started Wednesday night and I get weighed on a Thursday! 5 Bl**dy pound!!

Im not half a pound away from 2 stone! and 3 away from being in the 13s!! It made me feel so much better!

To fill you in Paulam - I saw him on Friday night and we talked but it was just so so sad, we both just said we weren't happy and it was making each other sad (im sorry sad is my favourite word at the moment) and although we both love each other so much it isn't a reason to stay together (just like you said). Its hard though because its amicable theres no reason to hate him etc so I just miss him.

Since Thursday Ive been so up and down I had pate as a post weigh in treat, then nothing on Friday (then had a dodgy tummy - nerves I think) then Saturday I was going to my friends in Sheffield/Barnsley and still couldn't eat but they wouldn't let me drink until Id eaten so I made us all slimmingworld pizzas!

Smoked salmon, rocket and cream cheese for 2 of us, and rocket, goats cheese and balsamic vinegar for the veggie with loads of frylite roasties. They said it was the nicest pizza theyd had (even if theyre lying it made me feel nice)

Then the problem occurred.... we drank 6 bottles of fizz and 2 bottles of wine... between 3 of us! Now I was clearly in some random state of shock as I didn't even feel drunk. I was made to get a kebab on the way home, but I ordered chicken shish kebab with loads of salad, luckily the garlic sauce down there is gross so I didn't eat that and by the time we got home I started crying so only ate the salad! BONUS!!

I didn't have anything on sunday to eat, yesterday I didn't manage brekkie or lunch but made my mum (a tactic to get me to eat) a lovely tea.

Carbonnara but with salmon its gorgeous even if I do say so myself!
Salmon, oven roasted, quark/philly lightest, onions, green beans, garlic, salt and pepper n a teeny bit of pesto! Yum!

Big loves to you for being so fab and caring!

Susysu - We do have pretty similar starts and aims! Yay I never find anyone similar! Woopwoop lets be buddies! Join me and Paulam!
I think you should def go to group doing it at home it is far too easy to slip as there is no one to keep you in line apart from us!!!

If I can get there so can you!
I usually eat like bad so of course keep an eye out im sure ill start again soon! x

Paulam - you are fabulous! I cannot say thank you enough for your kind kind words! x

Sorry Iv3e attacked you with posts after my silence!
I got Slimmer of the week too! And got certificates x2 that Id previously had it and didn't know!

Hi. I've been thinking about you and hoping you were doing ok. Well done on the weight loss. I weigh in tonight. Fingers crossed! Sorry to hear things are definitely over. I've been there so know exactly how you feel. And I've thought it would be easier to hate him so I could move on. I've even said that to a friend. In the long run though its better to be amicable. If you hated him it'd always be there to hurt you. At least now you'll move on and when you feel better you'll realise that you weren't meant to be together. If I was still with my ex I know I'd be miserable now but when we broke up I felt like my life had ended.
I've had a good week food wise. Hoping for a decent weigh in tonight. I made a gorgeous Italian soup. Recipe on the s w website... Italian chicken soup I think.
Chopped onion, grated carrot, diced bacon and chicken, chopped tomatoes, mixed herbs and stock. Yum. Oh and a spoon of fat free fromage frais to make it creamy! Went to mam for dinner on Sunday. All free and superfree but of course I had to have dessert... Apple tart and ice cream. Had no other syns that day though so hopefully didn't cause any damage! Will let you know how I get on tonight! X

Hi :) i'm now in my third week of slimming world and previously i was similar to you in the respect that i have lost weight, put it back on + more. Since starting sliming world, each week, i have had some kind of 'blocker' that before would have stopped me from loosing weight for example, a festival, graduation, spa day, several nights out (with all my size 6/8 friends who then insist on junk food after!!!) and so on... however i have still managed to lose 6lbs. I know this isn't the greatest loss ever in 3 weeks but it has made me realise it's all about control. before i felt as though i had to miss out on things and i would skip nights out so i wouldn't ruin my diet and made me miserable. now i let myself decide what i want but control it...when i went out on friday night i had 3 cocktails and that was my limit and then had the rest vodka and diet coke. i was able to enjoy my night without regretting having not stuck to plan. i am now so much happier than i ever have been before and able to enjoy my life :) i know this isn't quite on topic but i hope it helps you to not be so hard on yourself sometimes :) xx

Paulam - I just feel so odd that after all we have been through and trust me theres a lot that its ended like this, I just feel empty yet at the same time it hasn't sunk in I don't think. Ive got no plans this weekend as I have my next financial services exam next week so think that will be hard but hopefully I can revise and not think about it.
It might be for the best in the long run but right now it hurts like Ive been hit by a train if I let myself think about it....

Efinnis - Im not bothered about what I drank at all with whats going on at the moment. But well done on your ways of drinking and still being included. Keep up the hard work.

Hi Emma, when I started SW I weighed 16st5lbs! I was in my second year at uni, just piled on the weight from drinking and bad food! I started SW and I got down to 12st4lbs earlier this year. I stopped SW as I was exercising a lot more, and found I was getting away with eating certain things. I maintained this from christmas and all that, but doing a masters now, stress of placement, crept back up to 13st3lbs. Just done my first week back and lost 5lbs! I understand how you feel, and how certain goals seem forever away, but once I hit this weight I look back at when I was 14st and just can't believe how long ago THAT weight seems!

Anyway, this post is just to say not to beat yourself up, you will look fab on holiday from all your hard work anyway :) My goal weight is 11st, I am just under 5ft7. Well done on your achievements so far!

Thanks chowski

Just feeling so sad at the moment but I resisted cake at work today no problem and again cooked for mum so ended up eating cos it was in front of me. Cajan salmon garlic roasties with spinach androcket salad.

I don't want to ruin my weight loss but I want my boy :( x

I lost 7lb at weigh in tonight! Slimmer of the week. I was high after it. Couldn't believe it. Well on the way to my 1st atone now. Certainly makes up for the disappointment of 1.5lb the 1st week. Your dinner this evening sounds lovely. At least you are eating something. Just don't let it go the other way and start comfort eating. Just think how much better you'll feel when you've got more weight off. X

Paulam!!!!!!!!!!! You total STAR!!!!! That's amazing!!!! Over half a stone in just 2 weeks!!!! EKKKKKK you total clever clogs!!!!

Yeah it was nice and mega simple so no brain power, just salmon with cajan spice on top in the oven! Roasties with garlic salt on.

I hope I do ok tomorrow even if its just 1/2 so I get my 2 stone x

Today I had scrambled egg with smoked salmon trimmings stirred in (one from asda is yummy tescos is grey n yuk) on 2 little pieces of toast. It was really nice and I actually enjoyed it which must be a good sign!

I tried to eat a punnet of cherries that have been on my desk for days but only managed a few as I ate one that seemed 'fizzy' then discovered they went out of date on 26th!

I tried to eat a salad for lunch but im v picky with salads so it was only lettuce cucumber and chicken, I forgot the mayo cos Im a div so it was dry and pretty gross.

Some office visitor brought twixs and peanut cookies, I have resisted and have accidently eaten half a packet of grapes.

Ive been trying to drink the 3 litres of water a day minimum that I did last week but its not been anywhere near this week prob only about 1 litre if that.

Also my exam is a week tomorrow..... I don't have a clue and am failing mocks like mad which isn't good my heads just not in it!.

x

Hi, well done on your weight loss so far! I am also 25 and hoping to lose weight! I've just started a thread as I'm going t my first class tonight... I will be following yours for some tips and inspiration!!!

Hi AmyJay
Good luck on your loss!
Feel free to ask anything and Ill answer where I can but Im not an expert.

I was saying to my cousin last night although I haven't hit the 2 stone mark yet and its been about 5 months, I have had 2 holidays, nights out, nights away, meals out and takeaways so I haven't really felt like its been a hardship. Although id love to be at target soon if its Christmas its Christmas.

x

Left my phone at home yesterday and felt like my arm had been chopped off! Still on a high from my weight loss. Scrambled egg and smoked salmon is yum. Haven't had it in a long time. Will definitely have to try that. If you like soup you should look up the recipe for Italian chicken soup on the slimming world website. Its yum.
Amy jay best of luck... I'm only on my 3rd week and am finding it easy to follow. Its good to hear what other people eat as well because it gives you ideas.
I made pasta with chicken and mushrooms, mixed herb, Chinese 5 spice, pasata and some spreadable cheese stirred in at the end to make it creamy. It was yum. All free except the cheese... 3 syns or your healthy a.

Paulam Im not surprised you did amazing!

Tonight is weigh night so bit nervous after my good loss last week, but only 1/2 lb to get my 2 stone award so any more will be a plus!

Im not a big soup fan if im honest, Ive made the super speed soup and it was nice but after 1 bowl id lost interest!

My breakfast is normally toast related - hoops on toast is a comfort fav. I also like beans with spicy lowlow stirred in!

I went to the cinema from work last night so didn't have tea but took a packet of Metcalfs skinny salted popcorn for 5/6 syns (amazing) and some grapes which was fine didn't even really miss the huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge bag of popcorn and sweets and possibly icecream Id normally have.

A week today is last weigh in before holiday, a week today is also my exam.... urghhhhh

x

Stay calm. You'll be fine tonight. You'll definitely hit the 2 stone. Where you off to on hols? I'm going to lanzorote 6 weeks from Monday! Initially my target was 1dt down by then but I'm 8.5lb down now so might aim fir stone and a half!

Im going to Turkey, I went at the end of May too :) Ive been a few times before but never liked it but we went to a different part this year and it was amazing! Best holiday ever, so much so that we're going back!

Luckily its with a friend and not the boy otherwise that would have been awkward!

Im just stressing as I don't have time to get sorted for it before the exam! x

Went to fat club last night and lost 2 and a half pound so picked up my 2 stone award! Im really happy, its never enough though is it lol If id of lost one more Id of been in the 13s! But hopefully Ill manage it next weigh in (last before holiday) But I realised today Im 5 and a half pounds lighter so far than when I went at the end of May which isn't all that good over 2 months but I put on 4 and a half on holiday and another 2 at one point so Ive actually lost 11 in 2 months which is better lol.

I treated myself to an Indian last night, chicken sagg and boiled rice, its 11 syns but I had half so 6 syns and will have the other half tonight.

I went up to revise then started thinking how much I wanted to tell the boy about getting my 2 stone award and so like an idiot I ended up txting him, he replied and was nice but it was like he could have been talking to anyone and it broke my heart. So I ended up curled up crying my heart out till God knows what time.

Feeling very low today and very on my own x

You are never on your own when you have friends but its hard to see that sometimes! Don't worry... You'll get through it. Just think of the great time you'll have on hols with your friends. Congrats on the 2 stone. You must be thrilled. You should really try this week to get that extra lb cause just getting under the next stone can be such a boost. Hope you enjoyed the Indian. I've just had my breakfast in work.... Weetabix and milk with banana. Very boring. One of the girls in work told me how to make banana pancakes.... Just eggs and banana so gonna make them for tomorrow morning. She said they are yum.

Back