3 months till skiing - hope its not a slippery slope i'm on

If the packs say 130 cals then yes - that's 5.5 syns plus HexA for milk and, depending on how much milk you have, you probably won't use a whole HexA .
Decided to make my own oats today, so used 28g of Oats (HEB), milk from allowance (HEA) and one tablespoon of maple syrup 2 syns, much better than 6 syns for the quaker version, tomoro I will just have half a tablespoon as it was quite sweet.

Last edited:
Thursday Green Day
28g Oats (HEB), milk from allowance (HEA) tbsp maple syrup (2)
Carvery, lots of carrots, peas, cabbage, one 'dollop' of mash (they didn't have bolied), one piece of cauliflower cheese, very little sauce on it and it was quite watery, 2 slices of turkey (no more than I would have when I have a small chicken breast so hoping this will be ok for my other HEB). Half ladle of gravy, I'm guessing no more than 5 syns for the butter in the mash, the gravy and the cauli cheese, avoided the roasters and yorkshire puds completely and only had diet coke to drink, even avoided the cappuccino afterwards as it wasn't skimmed milk.
will probably have some fruit and FF yogurt for tea
remainder of milk allowance used on coffees
total 7 syns, so even if I have underestimated on the carvery, should hopefully be well within my limit

Decided to make my own oats today, so used 28g of Oats (HEB), milk from allowance (HEA) and one tablespoon of maple syrup 2 syns, much better than 6 syns for the quaker version, tomoro I will just have half a tablespoon as it was quite sweet.

Roscky - the allowance went up in 2013. You can now have 35g of oats as a HexB!

Roscky - the allowance went up in 2013. You can now have 35g of oats as a HexB!
Even better. I feel so much better knowing I was getting some of it wrong, hoping that explains my low loss last week, it's really motivated me, strange but true - thanks for the advice, please keep it coming

Friday Green Day
oats (HEB) with Skimmed milk (HEA) half table spoon maple syrup (1)
Strawberries and melon with FF yogurt
Aldi Shotz Pasta sweet and Sour (1)
Jacket potato with beans (HEB) and 28g cheese (HEA)
curley wurley (6.5)
Remainder of mil in coffee
total syns 8

Made a SW pizza, was surprisingly nice and tast, and quite filling really, although a bit dry so had baked beans on top which really improved it, would defo have it again

Saturday green day (again) - stick to what I know lol
Oats (HEB) with milk (HEA) tsp honey (1)
Aldi pasta shotz tomato (1)
Wholewheat pita (HEB), pasatta, baked beans mushrooms 40g mozarella chees (HEA) 2rashers bacon (4)
options drink (2)
benefit bar (3)
total 11 syns

Last edited:
Afternoon chica - thought I'd let you have this extract from SW Online as the sweet and sour Shotz is free on Green and EE!!

ProductExtra Easy
Original
Green
Cupshotz Noodle Snack, Chicken, made up as directed, 54g sachet Free 10 Free
Cupshotz Noodle Snack, Spicy Sweet & Sour, made up as directed, 67g sachet Free 10 Free
Cupshotz Pasta Snack, Tomato & Herb, made up as directed, 64g sachet 1 12 1

Thanks, makes up for the tomato ones that I thought were free lol

Pommette, You have lst a lot of weight - well done! Did you exercise much or was it mainly dieting that did it - if you don't mind me asking?

Pommette, You have lost a lot of weight - well done! Did you exercise much or was it mainly dieting that did it - if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks chica. The loss was 95% diet as I'm very much a couch potato now!

Once upon a lifetime ago I was very fit - a swimmer, dancer and gymnast. Plus took to skiing in my 30's.
From which stem most of the problems I now have.
I have arthritis in my back, shoulders, hips, ankles and knees - my right knee being pretty much knackered.
I originally damaged it when I was 18 doing gym and thanks to a looney on a snowboard who smashed into me at knee height, I now have knackered ligaments and tendons as well as the arthritis.

Before I lost weight I struggled to get out of a chair and to watch me getting out of my little sports car was a wonder to behold.

The more weight I lost the better it became and the pain got less.
It's not painful all the time now thankfully but it gets much worse if I do any weight bearing exercise.
Walking and cycling are it and then not terribly strenuous stuff, just a nice gentle pace - and even then if I go for a long walk or cycle my right knee will swell up like a balloon and have me limping for days!
I do swim in the summer (all the pools are outdoor ones) but I still have to be careful as if I do breaststroke that causes my knee to hurt.

So basically diet - which is why I lost it very slowly! I did it it in 2 stints - 2 stone the first time in just under 12 months, and then a further 3 stone which took me just over 18 months. But I'm sort of staying round target although a bit over at the mo due to some serious stress this year (hubs was pretty ill and mum rapidly declining) so lots of comfort eating. But I'm trying to get back down to target again at the mo.

Pommette, sorry to hear of your medical problems, makes your weight loss even more amazing, I'm glad to hear it can work even without lots of exercise, I go through times myself when I am motivated to do a bit of exercise, but usually only at home to fitness dvds, nothing too strenuous, and usually get fed up quite quickly, by the time I get home most evenings I just can't be bothered, whereas everyone else seems to do lots of exercise.

Monday Green Day
Oats (HEB) milk (HEA) half tblspn maple syrup (1)
Strawberries, raspberries, melon, 1/2 peach, 1/2 plum with FF yogurt
60g chicken (5) with Nandos peri peri sauce (1), uncle bens rice and wholemeal pitta bread (HEB)
Aldi FF yogurt (1)
Options drink (2) Benefit Bar (3)
Total 13 syns remainder of milk in coffee

There's a fair few of us on here who managed it without doing too much exercise. So it's definitley not impossible,

Your food sounds yummy hun :) xxx

Your food sounds yummy hun :) xxx

Ha ha, I think some of it sounds nicer than it was, I really enjoy things like jacket potato, omelette and beans, but think I need to have more veg and salad which I really don't enjoy that much, althoug I am really enjoying my bowl of fruit each day, just tryi g to find more SW ways of making more of the foods I do enjoy.

Tuesday
oats (HEB) milk (HEA) and maple syrup (1)
strwberries, raspberies, melon, peaxh and plum with FF yogurt
Aldi pasta shotz -tomato (1)
Jacket potato, beans, mushrom and cheese (HEA) omelette
Freddo chocolate (5)
Aldi FF strawberry yogurt (1)

Total syns 8

Might try a red day tomorrow?

Last edited:
Sounds like you are doing well hun. xxx

Wednesday

strawberries, raspberries, melon, half peach and half plum with FF yogurt
aldi sweet n sour mug shotz (1 1/2)
omelette with mushrooms and cheese (HEA), jackett potato and beans
milk in coffee (1/2HEA)
Options drink 2
Benefit bar (1/2HEB)
Aldi FF yogurt (1)

Total syns 4 1/2

Thursday Green Day

Oats (HEB) milk (HEA) maple syrup (1)
Aldi Cupshotz Tomato Pasta (1 1/2)
strawberries, raspberries, melon, half peach and half plum with FF yogurt
weight watchers chicken hotpot (6) with rice
2 wholemeal bread (HEB) with tblspn jam (2)
alpen light bar (3)

Total syns 13 1/2

Just had half a curly wurly - another 3 syns
new total 16 1/2 syns:break_diet:

Last edited:
Friday
oats (HEB) milk (HEA) maple syrup (1)
strawberries melon raspberries 1/2peach 1/2plum FF Yogurt
pasta n sauce, wholemeal pitta (HEB)with passata and 28g cheese (HEA)
Onken FF yogurt
1/2 curly wurly (3)

Total syns 5 (saving some for Saturday night out and making up for yesterday)

Saturday
oats (HEB) milk (HEA) maple syrup (1)
Aldi tomato mugshotz (1 1/2), wholemeal pitta (HEB)with passata and 28g cheese (HEA)

I think I've been on plan all week, but really don't feel like I have lost weight, will see Monday morning but will be really fed up if I haven't got down to 12st!!!!
have even been out walking on an evening, will really need advice if I'm not losing weight as I can't see what I'm doing wrong, but I dont expect a decent loss-really have a bad feeling and dreading Monday morning as I don't want to lose heart and end up giving up!
am I having too many green days, i really don't eat much meat or fish so red days don't appeal to me?

Chica - stop panicking! You've done well for the last 3 weeks so why should this week be any different?

Green days work. Lots of people are veggie so do them all the time.
Red days give me a bigger loss but if green are working just stick with it.

Back