Fluids:
Water x 5 300ml
Thermo Bev x 2 250ml
Tea 1 x cup

Exercise:
Walking 2 x 30 min
Wii Fit 23 min 181 cal
Davina’s Super Fit section – half of which was the low impact moves – 25 min
Davina’s Super Sculpt section – focused on the weights/arms, didn’t do the floor/mat work – 20 min

Notes:
Workouts mentioning Davina were taken from her “Super Body Workout” DVD. I think it’s safe to say I ache a little today, my aim was to focus on just my back and arms for this afternoons workout, as I worked on my legs yesterday… BUT I wanted to try out one of three of my “Davina” workout DVD’s – which FYI I’ve had for like a year and I’d not used them! At least they all have the helpful “low impact” moves available for the same workout, so I didn’t work my legs too much. I can’t imagine how sore my knees and ankles would be if I had done the regular or “advanced” moves… ouchie! lol

Last edited:
Day 17/30 – 8/Oct/10

Breakfast Shake:
Mango Juice
Frozen Mango
3 tbsp Natural Yoghurt
Tropical F1

Lunchtime Shake:
60ml Cranberry and Blueberry Juice
3 tbsp Natural Yoghurt
Frozen Blueberries
Strawberry F1

Main Meal:
Grilled Chicken Breast
Pitta
Steak Cut Chips

Snacks:
/

Fluids:
Water x 5 300ml
Thermo Bev x 2 250ml
Tea 1 x cup
Pepsi Light 1 x can

Exercise:
Walking 45 min

Notes:
Didn’t do a workout today, I was feeling drained from the last couple of days as I’ve up increased the workout schedule. My Calves feel very sore, no matter how much Tang Kuei I take lol! So just taking it easy today. I usually have the weekends as workout free days, so I’ll do one on Sunday to replace todays missed session.

Last edited:
Day 18/30 – 9/Oct/10

Breakfast Shake:
Cranberry and Blueberry Juice
Frozen Raspberries and Strawberries
⅓ Banana
Strawberry F1

Lunchtime:
Chicken and Tomato Pasta Salad
Slice Cheese and Tomato Flat Bread
Tortilla Chips (just a small handful)

Main Meal:
Slept in, so wasn’t hungry at dinner time. I think my calories at lunchtime has made up for the whole day!

Snacks:
Protein Bar

Fluids:
Water x 3 300ml
Thermo Bev x 0 250ml
Tea 1 x cup
Coke Zero 2 x 330ml

Exercise:
/

Notes:
I was feeling a bit drained, hence the sleep in. My Calves feel better now. Still planning a workout tomorrow to replace Fridays missed session. I think I slipped up today with what I ate. I’ve not eaten chips or bread for 3 weeks and the other half comes in the door with my favourites of both – so I had a bit of each! EEEK! Wii Fit said my BMI was down more this morning so that’s probably been cancelled out now with todays binge lol. We’ll see Tuesday, maybe I can turn it around by then! Fingers crossed! Wish me luck…

Last edited:
I'm in Shock!

I’ve used Herbalife‘s Formula 2 for 5 years, which is their MultiVitamin tablets. For all of that time they have been yellow with black specs in, smelled and tasted horrible and after a week of being opened they would darken in colour.

Since I have been using my last bulk order for this challenge, I was still using the “yellow” tablets. I’ve just opened my new tub (like 5 minutes ago) and my other half and I were fascinated! They are now white, don’t smell of anything OR taste of anything… although they have got a little bigger in size – but I’ll take that over the flavour!

I just had to share this as this was the only “down point” of the Herbalife program, the odd tasting tablets lol. Shocked, happy and now not dreading tomorrows! lol

Day 19/30 – 10/Oct/10

Breakfast Shake:
Soya Milk
Muller Light Orange w/Chocolate Sprinkles
Chocolate F1

Lunchtime Shake:
Grilled Chicken Breast Baguette

Main Meal:
Creamy Tomato Pasta
Grilled Chicken Breast

Snacks:
Protein Bar Chocolate Peanut

Fluids:
Water x 4 300ml
Thermo Bev x 1 250ml
Tea x 1 cup

Exercise:
/

Notes:
Didn’t do workout, bit disappointed. Will do workout tomorrow to make up for Fridays missed session. Hopefully there will be a small difference in the scales or measurements at the end of the week, fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Day 20/30 – 11/Oct/10

Breakfast Shake:
Apple Juice
Frozen Mango
Tropical F1

Lunchtime:
Mango Juice
Frozen Kiwi and Pineapple
⅓ Banana
3 tbsp Natural Yoghurt

Main Meal:
Tomato and Basil Chicken
Pasta Bows

Snacks:
Protein Bar

Fluids:
Water x 4 300ml
Thermo Bev x 2 250ml
Tea x 1 cup

Exercise:
Line Dancing – 15 mins
Walking – 45 mins and 90 mins
Super Body Workout – mix of Warm Up, Super Fit and Super Sculpt (arms only) making up 45 mins.

Notes:
Happy that I finally got my workout in there! Took a longer walk today as well, I took Kyle to feed the ducks at the lake, hence the 90 mins. Hopefully I did enough to make a difference tomorrow. Hope to get at least two more glasses of water in before bed though!

Last edited:
Day 21/30 – 12/Oct/10

The outcome for this week is:

Weight -> – 3lbs
Waist -> – 2cm
Hips -> – 0cm
Over Chest -> – 3cm
Under Chest -> – 0cm
Thighs -> – 2cm
Arms -> – 0cm

Total so far (3 weeks):
Weight -> – 10½lbs
Waist -> – 7cm
Hips -> – 6cm
Over Chest -> – 6cm
Under Chest -> – 6½cm
Thighs -> – 7cm
Arms -> – 1cm

Breakfast Shake:
Muller Light Toffee
Soya Milk
⅓ Banana
Chocolate F1

Lunchtime Shake:
Apple and Raspberry Juice
½ Stewed Apple w/cinnamon
Frozen Raspberries
Vanilla F1

Main Meal:
Mozzarella Stuffed Grilled Chicken Breast
Crispy Potatoes (dry roasted) w/dill
Tomato Pesto Sauce

Snacks:
/

Fluids:
Water x 5 300ml
Thermo Bev x 2 250ml
Tea x 1 cup

Exercise:
Walk – 30 min and 120 min

Notes:
The shake I missed this week was replaced with chicken again. I wasn’t as bad as I was last week though which I’m happy about. Still room for improvement though. Surprised I lost this much as I rescheduled a couple of workouts and ate late twice. Next weeks targets are pretty much the same: shake, shake, meal, water, thermo, tablets, exercise. Also, a few of the days I’ve had bread as my main meal carbs, I think I equalled this out a little, as most of them was Hovis Seed Sensation, so healthier and more fibre than white bread =) … It’s late so will do my video tomorrow after my workout. Had a busy day today, the reason for lack of workout. My right knee feels swollen, maybe I pulled it, or just excess water, who knows lol.

Last edited:
End of Week 3 Video - 12/Oct/10

This weeks results - I'm chuffed that I lost rather than maintained this week!

[YOUTUBE]cy63bgX-F0c[/YOUTUBE]​

* Note: Results are not typical, claims to weight loss includes, amongst other things, a balanced diet, recommended water intake, regular exercise and adequate rest.

Day 22/30 – 13/Oct/11

This is the twenty second day of the 30 day shake challenge.

Breakfast Shake:
Muller Light Summer Berries
Frozen Strawberries and Blueberries
Strawberry F1

Lunchtime Shake:
Mango Juice
Frozen Mango
3tbsp Natural Yoghurt
Tropical F1

Main Meal:
Baked Chicken Breast (in water, pepper, paprika and parsley)
Spicy Tomato Pesto Sauce w/basil
New Potatoes w/dill
Carrots w/coriander

Snacks:
Protein Bar

Fluids:
Water x 5 300ml
Thermo Bev x 2 250ml

Exercise:
Walk – 45 min and 30 min

Notes:
Knee is feeling a bit better now, I hope to try a workout tomorrow and see how it feels. Food shopping as well tomorrow so I’ll be glad to have something other than chicken and tomato for my main meal!

Day 23/30 – 14/Oct/10

Today is day twenty three of my 30 day shake challenge!

Breakfast Shake:
Soya Milk
Cocoa Powder
Peppermint Cordial
Chocolate F1

Lunchtime Shake:
Meal Bar Berry

Main Meal:
Spicy Meat Gumbo (Chicken, Sausage and Bacon)
Rice

Snacks:

Fluids:
Water x 5 300ml
Thermo Bev x 1 250ml

Exercise:
Walk – 2 x 30 min and 120 min

Notes:
I’ve had a busy day today with shopping, paying bills, seeing teachers, waiting around for people and I was standing in the kitchen prepping dinner for at least 30 minutes, so… it doesn’t surprise me that my knee and both my ankles are aching. No workout today, apart from the excess walking around.

Day 24/30 – 15/Oct/10

Breakfast Shake:
Raspberry and Apple Juice
Frozen Strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries and Cherries
3 tbsp Natural Yoghurt
Strawberry F1

Lunchtime Shake:
Meal Bar Berry

Main Meal:
Lasagne
Baked Beans

Snacks:
Chicken Breast

Fluids:
Water 5 x 300ml
Thermo Bev 1 x 250ml
Soya Decaff Caramel Macchiato x 1
Coke Zero x 1

Exercise:
Walk 2 x 30 min and 120 min

Notes:
Another busy day walking around. At least I got to sit down for an hour in between my two thirty minute walks, as Kyle was at his Judo lesson, so we stayed to watch and video some of it. The base of my blender has decided to pack in on me, I’ve got a hand whizzer but it’s old and doesn’t do it’s job properly any more. Otherwise it’s back to food until I can get a new blender. Wish me luck!

Last edited:
Day 25/30 – 16/Oct/10

Breakfast Shake:
Frozen Strawberries
⅓ Banana
Muller Light Strawberry
Strawberry F1

Lunchtime Shake:
Tandoori Marinated Chicken Breast Wrap

Main Meal:
Cheese Roll
1 Mini Pork Pie
5 Small Prawn Crackers

Snacks:
/

Fluids:
Water 4 x 300ml
Thermo Bev 0 x 250ml
Tea 1 x cup
Tango Orange 1 x can

Exercise:
Walking 2 x 25 min

Notes:
Went to visit family today so lots of sitting around. Mother in-law sorted the food out for one of the meals, hence the pork pie and the crackers! lol I was good though, I didn’t go mad, even though the other half kept saying “are you going to eat something”, repeatedly until I did! Argh! Men! I’m blender shopping early in the morning, I’ve got the smoothie marker I want reserved so I’m good to go! Back to normal shake meals tomorrow… whoop! Let’s hope I maintain at least this week, as I’ve not done many workouts, due to knee playing up, and the blender blowing up didn’t help much either. At least I stuck to one horribly tasting shake a dayhehe.

Last edited:
Day 26/30 – 17/Oct/10

Breakfast Shake:
Soya Milk
Orange Muller Light with Chocolate Sprinkles
Chocolate F1

Lunchtime Shake:
Exotic Juice
Frozen Mango, Papaya and Kiwi
3 tbsp Natural Yoghurt
Tropical F1

Main Meal:
Spicy Beef and Tomato Noodles

Snacks:

Fluids:
Water 5 x 300ml
Thermo Bev 1 x 250ml

Exercise:
/

Notes:
/

Last edited:
Day 27/30 – 18/Oct/10

Breakfast Shake:
Mango Juice
Frozen Mango
Tropical F1

Lunchtime Shake:
Frozen Blueberries
3 tbsp Natural Yoghurt

Main Meal:
Chicken Passanda
Spicy Pilau Rice
1 poppadum
½ Naan

Snacks:
/

Fluids:
Water 5 x 300ml
Thermo Bev 1 x 250ml
Tea 1 x cup

Exercise:
/

Notes: It’s weigh-in day tomorrow and I’m hoping there’s at least a maintain, it’s been a challenging week! School half term is here so I should really come up with some outside activities, for me and my boy, to keep us busy. He’s asked for a few “movie” sessions, so I think I’ll be doing my lunges and squats in front of the TV! There’s been a couple of late nights, that’s not going to help me much is it?

Last edited:
Day 28/30 – 18/Oct/10

This weeks outcome:
Weight – 1lb
Chest (over) – 1cm
Chest (under) – 1cm
Hips – ½cm

Total loss (4 weeks):
Weight – 11½ lbs
Chest (over) – 7cm
Chest (under) – 7½cm
Waist – 7cm
Hips – 6½cm
Thighs – 7cm
Arms – 1cm

Breakfast Shake:
Meal Bar Chocolate

Lunchtime Shake:
Raspberry and Apple Juice
Frozen Raspberries, Blueberries, Strawberries and Cherries
Muller Light Summer Berries
Strawberry F1

Main Meal:
Chicken Curry
Egg Rice
4 Prawn Crackers

Snacks:
/

Fluids:
Water 5 x 300ml
Thermo Bev 0 x 250ml
Tea 1 x cup

Exercise:
/

Notes: I’m glad that I’ve had a small amount of loss this week considering what I’ve put up with. My blender blew so I had to buy a new one, admittedly this one is better, but it took two days to get it. I’ve had problems with my knee so I’ve only been able to “walk” as my workouts. There are two days left of this challenge and I’m hoping to do my first workout, in a week, tomorrow!

Last edited:
Day 29/30 – 20/Oct/10

Breakfast Shake:
Muller Light Cherry
Frozen Cherries
Strawberry F1

Lunchtime Shake:
Strawberry F1

Main Meal:
Shepherds Pie
Carrots, Peas and Gravy (Reduced Salt)

Snacks:
/

Fluids:
Water 6 x 300ml
Thermo Bev 0 x 250ml

Exercise:
Big Loser – Wii – 13 min workout A
Super Body Workout – Fit and Pump (weights only), 25 mins

Notes: Only one more day left of this challenge and then it’s changing to weekly updates. At least that will give me a little bit more time to do other videos and posts. Not that there’s going to be much of a difference, but I will be doing my 30 day weight and measurements tomorrow.

Last edited:
Day 30/30 – 21/Oct/10

Breakfast Shake:
Strawberry F1

Lunchtime Shake:
Berry Meal Bar

Main Meal:
Grilled Chicken Breast, Marinated
Pitta
Mullerice Blueberry

Snacks:
Protein Bar

Fluids:
Water 6 x 300ml
Thermo Bev 1 x 250ml
Tea 1 x cup

Exercise:
Walking 2 x 30 min

Notes:
No time for workout today, unfortunately. I’ve spent most of it packing for our trip to Swindon, washing and drying clothes constantly, housework and school runs. No difference in the scales and I’m also going to leave the measurements until the end of the following week. There isn’t going to be much difference in two days anyway. It’s my birthday weekend in Swindon, with the rest of the family, lots of dining out and drinking on the cards. So if I put anything back on, I will try my best to get it back off within the week. It’s the end of my 30 day challenge, so weekly updates will follow. Good luck to me and good luck to you!

Last edited:
After the time spent transferring posts from old diary I can now take a break! lol My herbalife products will be here within the next few days. So, from here, I will start my second 30 day shake challenge and get back on track. I've gain 4lbs over christmas and new year so that definitely needs to come off!

Still getting used to this site, but I think I'm getting the hang of where everything is. Yes, accidentally posted workout reviews and recipes elsewhere but I'm now sticking with this diary.

Next step is to get in the fruit juices, frozen fruit, yoghurt and soya milk! I purchased a brand new smoothie maker near the end of my last 30 day challenge... lets see what it can do!

Luck to all!

Last edited:
oh yes, also... does anyone know how to remove a diary? I'd prefer to remove the excess and just have the "accidental" posts copied to this one... help much appreciated :D

Products arrived ready to start afresh. Next task on the list is to nip to the supermarket and stock up on the fruit juices and frozen fruit. I'm looking forward to the energy lift I know is coming as I've been feeling tired a lot lately and sleeping outside of my usual pattern.

I weighed myself on the 4th but I'll weigh myself again the morning I start the program. One thing I will be needing to check is the difference between my last measurements and my current ones. To see just how much I've gained over the festive season.

Back