30 day shred & calorie counting! Who's in??!!

kookoo

Hi,

Anyone fancy the 30day shred challenge? I've ordered the DVD and the estimated delivery date is 5th-7th of August! (Actually I ordered 'The Collection, which includes '6 week 6 pack' and some other DVD's which I thought I MIGHT try after)

I've lost around 9lbs :eek: by sort of dieting in the last year-intermitant dieting is an understatement! However, I'm now determined to get to 9 stone-which is 9lbs, of double chin, stomach and back fat, away (I'm an apple!). I don't do any excercise :mad: and get out of breath walking up a slight hill and I'm only 33!

I plan to use the 30 day shred as a kick up the butt to start excercising as I need fast results for motivation-and then find regular excercise I can do! Mostly my weight is hovering between 9st 6lb and 9st 9lb. It seems most people lose 4-6 lbs on the 30 day shred, but way more inches as muscle weighs more than fat!

So................ my plan is to start doing a 1200 calorie diet with the 30 day shred. I'll do an 800cal diet while I'm waiting for the DVD's to arrive-but don't think it would be sensible to consume so few calories with what the DVD has in store!!
Anyone else want to join the 30 day shred challenge? Can't wait to get started-but can't do it alone ......:rolleyes:

KooKoo

How's the DVD working for you . I was looking at it but it didn't have any reviews so was afraid to buy it. If your enjoying it I might just go ahead and buy it

Hi, the DVD is hard if, like me, you never exercise! Was really hard days one and two, and then day 7 suddenly seemed more bearable- but definitely not easy!!!
20 minutes is easy to fit in my day- I just get up half an hour early!
I'm on day 9 today- but did half the workout then realised I had to meet the family- so had to stop & will have to re do it this evening!
Do a google image search for 30DS - some very inspiring shots!
I've been doing it with calorie counting and have lost 4 lbs in a week- so it's definitely doing something! (I think some of that is just not eating junk on such large quantities- lol)
Also- you can watch it for free on YouTube! Just search for level one and do or for 10 days- then repeat for level 2 & 3!
Reviewers do say you won't lose weight if you aren't dieting as you gain muscle mass- which takes up less space- but weighs more- so you just end up smaller and more toned! But if you diet too you'll also lose pounds!
Let me know how you get on!
One tip: just so it now on you tube! I used 500g cooking sauces as weights the first time and didn't need a mat as was on carpet- but do need a yoga mat for hard floor- or a large flat pillow!
Xx

L2 D2 done! Evil, evil planks! But no pain, no gain!! Keep at it! ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1376565686.483201.jpg

L2 D5 done- yaay! Pretty sure my overindulgent weekend is going to pay me back when I weight in- oh well, it was lots of fun! Hope you all had a great Weekend! Xx
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1377070661.542853.jpg

Going to start this today! Will update on any progress, I know it's going to hurt :eek: x

Hiya, welcome and good luck for day 1!
L2 D6 done- nearly killed me this morning- damn plank jacks!!
Have a great day!
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1377167025.421435.jpg

Thanks KooKoo! As predicted, it was killer. Couldn't continue yesterday as I felt really ill (I think it's from junk food withdrawals)
Going to go for L1D2 in a few minutes!
Well done for getting so far!

Well done for starting Stephanie- battle on- you'll be able to move and breath without discomfort by day 4!
Soooo....

I'm still struggling so much with level 2 and I HATE this level! Just get soooo out of breath and I cannot do those plank twist things so been doing bicycle crunches instead :(
I'm not sure if its because I had 3 days off for festival and another day off yesterday as was hungover :(
Perhaps I'll have to add in days at the end- maybe the 4 I didn't do consecutively because I'm pretty sure I'm NOT ready for level 3 in 2 days!!
Not been eating great either, so pretty sure that's a factor! Also having some aching in my left Achilles and round the outter side of my foot- makes it even less fun :(
Will weigh in when I get home and see if there's any weight change!
Hope everyone is having a great week!
Think I need to MAN UP! Ha ha!
Anyway L2 D8 done! Feeling proud about that- shame I can't control what's going Ito my mouth at the moment though :(
Good luck today!
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1377427862.716733.jpg

Grrrrrr....My Achilles has been really sore & my ankle is swollen so had another 2 days off- but sports scientist OH said to just get on with it- so just done L2 D9- still kills me- still can't do those plank twist things- but will battle on! I felt I had improved a lot ready for level 2 - but not for level 3? maybe I should stick with it a couple of extra days? Have a good day xx
View attachment 104878

L2 D10 done!!! Ankle feels a bit better today! :) not feeling ready for level 3 though!
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1377787055.999670.jpg

L3 D1! Nearly died- bit just pleased ice gotten this far! How's everyone else doing? Xx
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1377895797.334966.jpg

L3 D2- JUST about finished all the modified moves today! And I'm away so did it in my hotel room on the iPhone- lol! How's everyone doing?
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1377945153.483748.jpg

L3 D3-yay!! And it was a TEENY TINY bit easier today too!!
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1378049062.199718.jpg

L3 D4 done- bit harder again today :(
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1378153396.598570.jpg

Just done L1 D1 thought I was going to die but done everything and finished yeah. I really hope this gets easier :)

Just done L1 D1 thought I was going to die but done everything and finished yeah. I really hope this gets easier :)

Well done! First day of all levels are a killer! I couldn't move or breath after day 1,2&3 of L1,but after that it wasn't sore anymore! I get days that are really hard and days that are ok!
L3 D5 done- and today it was ok! I would really advise you diet with this If you want to lose pounds as well as tone! I have half heartedly dieted and lost about 3 pounds so far, but I'm sure it would have been more if I had dieted! And your supposed to do cardio every 3rd day- which I haven't- so pretty sure in retrospect that would have made a lot of difference too!
But hey ho! 5 days to go and def less wobbly if not much lighter! Will probably do it again for another 30 days and try to fit in the cardio and actually stick to 1200 calories!
Keep at it! Well done!
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1378241018.591081.jpg

L3 D6 done. Abs are hurting a bit today- must be a good sign!!
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1378293924.715481.jpg

Back