3weeks in. 12stone to lose. need help =/

HAHAHA!! sorted my app out, seems my app and weight watchers online thought i was male, major fail lol. wasn't paying attention while registering and seems i wanted to be male lmao!! sorted now and safely and satisfyingly on 53 pro points =)
thanks again guys for pointing that out other wise i would off been may for my whole weight lose journey!!! :8855::8855::8855:

hope you don't mind me asking Hippopotamum, with the amazing amount of weight you've lost how many dress sizes have you dropped/your clothes size then and clothes size now??

i ask as im going away for my hen weekend in october, were going to torramilinos and
im so anxious as were going into marbella too (skinny minnie capitol lol) and i really would love to be at least a 18/20 size clothes, im currently size 32. i really am put off with going there and being a fatty (not that my hen party girls are all stick thin) but i went to a over 18 weekend in butlins and i was a size 32 and all i got was stared at and felt like i was being taken the mic out of by the childish boys!! :mad:
im proberly thinking going from size 32 to a size 18/20 in 8months is really unrealistic. im sort of being a cheat too with weight watchers as i have replaced my breakfast with a slimfast shake :rolleyes: and doing the wii and excercise bike everyday.....
is it realistic?? can i lose that amount or more? i apologise now, i am a chatterbox, once i start typing thats it lol so my apologies and thankyou for reading xx
:D

I've only lost two stone (actually, that's now just 1.5st after my last weigh in!!) so there's not much change yet, no-one has noticed yet anyway, lol! I dropped a clothes size when I'd lost just over a stone, I went from a size 24 jeans/snug 26 top to a comfortable 22 jeans/24 top quite quickly. I'm wearing size 22/24 tops (from Evans though, so a bit roomier) and I can get my old size 20 jeans on and fastened, but they aren't comfy enough to wear yet. :)

So based on that, dropping around a dress size with each stone lost, I'd say you could possibly be a size 18/20 in 8mths, especially as you're exercising. If you're losing consistently (with that added £500 incentive, I know I would!! :)) I really can't see why not. x

Last edited:
HAHAHA!! sorted my app out, seems my app and weight watchers online thought i was male, major fail lol. wasn't paying attention while registering and seems i wanted to be male lmao!! sorted now and safely and satisfyingly on 53 pro points =)
thanks again guys for pointing that out other wise i would off been may for my whole weight lose journey!!! :8855::8855::8855:

Lol, well done on getting it sorted, :) now try to eat your dailies so that when you lose weight you can reduce your points. Good luck. x

haha thats actually made me smile :)
glad u got it sorted

grrrr had a bad few days, not looking forward to Thursdays weigh in, it was my gorgeous lil nephews 1st birthday so its been a weekend of celebrations, ive been naughty, not as naughty as i could of bee but my god i feel bad. was good all day until the evening celebrations :(
to make matters worse it made me realise what douche bags i have in my family, me and my dad was talking about weight watchers and his bet today at the party and my loving mother and step father asked me what weight i want to get down to so i say "12 stone" and i get "oh are you sure, thats a long way off" and "you wont be getting £500 then" i was good up until this point, all i had was a shake and salad. then i proved them right and i ate a few naughty things. i don't know what made me more angry, there comments or me eating what i shouldn't have. ive never had a good relationship with them and always spent more time with my dad and step mum so i don't know why im so surprised at there comments.
im thinking now stuff them, im gonna do this, and im gonna prove the haters wrong!!
is a bit of moral support too much to ask from a family?
oh well, get this weigh in out the way then onwards and upwards, then i can shuv my weight loss record book in there face when it does say "12 stone"!!
so glad i can post on here, even if no one reads it, im letting it out. its nice to have someone other then my partner to rant to i think :D
xx

I've only lost two stone, so there's not much change yet, no-one has noticed yet anyway, lol! I dropped a clothes size when I'd lost just over a stone, I went from a size 24 jeans/snug 26 top to a comfortable 22 jeans/24 top quite quickly. I'm wearing size 22/24 tops (from Evans though, so a bit roomier) and I can get my old size 20 jeans on and fastened, but they aren't comfy enough to wear yet. :)

So based on that, dropping around a dress size with each stone lost, I'd say you could possibly be a size 18/20 in 8mths, especially as you're exercising. If you're losing consistently (with that added £500 incentive, I know I would!! :)) I really can't see why not. x

thank you for that reply, its really inspired me =) i never really see it as 1 stone=1 dress size.
well done on your weight loss. im sure people have noticed, 2 stone is alot xx

grrrr had a bad few days, not looking forward to Thursdays weigh in, it was my gorgeous lil nephews 1st birthday so its been a weekend of celebrations, ive been naughty, not as naughty as i could of bee but my god i feel bad. was good all day until the evening celebrations :(
to make matters worse it made me realise what douche bags i have in my family, me and my dad was talking about weight watchers and his bet today at the party and my loving mother and step father asked me what weight i want to get down to so i say "12 stone" and i get "oh are you sure, thats a long way off" and "you wont be getting £500 then" i was good up until this point, all i had was a shake and salad. then i proved them right and i ate a few naughty things. i don't know what made me more angry, there comments or me eating what i shouldn't have. ive never had a good relationship with them and always spent more time with my dad and step mum so i don't know why im so surprised at there comments.
im thinking now stuff them, im gonna do this, and im gonna prove the haters wrong!!
is a bit of moral support too much to ask from a family?
oh well, get this weigh in out the way then onwards and upwards, then i can shuv my weight loss record book in there face when it does say "12 stone"!!
so glad i can post on here, even if no one reads it, im letting it out. its nice to have someone other then my partner to rant to i think :D
xx

Grr that's so unfair of them - but actually they've done you a favour! Because before it was about proving yourself wrong and pushing yourself... then it was about getting the money... now you need to lose it just to say "HA!" in their faces hehe! Everyone starts somewhere when they're losing weight - whether its 12lbs or 12st it takes the same amount of willpower! Keep going hun! A few bad days are just a drop in the ocean in the grand scheme of things so just jump straight back on track! Instead of thinking "those days will ruin my weigh in" just think "wow those good days where I stuck to plan really stopped my weigh in being too much of a disaster!"

Plus, everyone needs a cheat day! Especially social events! Sometimes it's easy to point and track... other times you just need to succumb to the pressure of the event and then stay on track the next day :)

Grr that's so unfair of them - but actually they've done you a favour! Because before it was about proving yourself wrong and pushing yourself... then it was about getting the money... now you need to lose it just to say "HA!" in their faces hehe! Everyone starts somewhere when they're losing weight - whether its 12lbs or 12st it takes the same amount of willpower! Keep going hun! A few bad days are just a drop in the ocean in the grand scheme of things so just jump straight back on track! Instead of thinking "those days will ruin my weigh in" just think "wow those good days where I stuck to plan really stopped my weigh in being too much of a disaster!"

Plus, everyone needs a cheat day! Especially social events! Sometimes it's easy to point and track... other times you just need to succumb to the pressure of the event and then stay on track the next day :)

HUGE thankyou for that, its made me feel so much better and made me realise that no a cheat day is not the end of the world.
And at the end of my journey not only will i upload a "new me" photo you will also get a photo of there shocked faces and me with a big "told you so" banner
THANKYOU XX:D :8855:

Haha I will look forward to that picture :) I remember the reason I wanted to lose weight was for my graduation as I fell out with a few uni friends so to go back there looking svelte was amazing! Not to mention every time I'm out and someone I knew from school (where I was a bit of a porker) has to double take :)

I've always felt fat. I think that was more a state of mind than a physical thing as even at 9st 8.5lbs... One of my lowest weights... I feel big! But I know that I'm not it's just my body has been used to it now and everything is wobbly instead of toned!

Seriously let their bad thoughts and negativity power your journey! The reason they're saying things like that is purely because they're scared that you might actually succeed! It's easier for people to bring you down with them rather than work hard to meet you at the top! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just reading through your thread, good luck with your journey, just use their negativity in a positive way for you and as you say just think of their faces when you get to your target. Eveytime you feel you are going to go off track just picture that moment.

You are doing so good so far dont let a bad day turn into a bad week just stick to your daily points from now till WI and you cant undo most if not all the damage

hello guys,
feels like i haven't been on here for ages lol its only been a day. my partner went back to work so my lil munckins have been keeping me on my toes :D
weigh in tomorrow morning, hoping theres a loss.
havent eaten alot today which is good, yesterday was good too. have spent today none stop cleaning and sorting out junk so its been busy thank god. must admit im glad the other half has gone back to work too, seems i cant stay focused or motivated when hes home as we tend to sit about watching movies with the kids and i dont eat very well =( as much as i love constant movies with the kids i do still like to be up and about.
how is everyone getting on? anyone had/have weigh-ins this week?
hope your all well, chat soon :bliss:

Good luck with your weigh in!

Back