50lb Summer Challenge

When's everyone's weigh day?
Mine's Friday
:)

Mine is on Thursday... It's almost been a year, and still I cannot sleep Wednesday nights due to excitement and anticipation, and am up at 5am Thursdays solely to weigh in.. I thought this would of ceased a little after a year of weigh ins, but I'm still just as bad...lol

xxx

Mine is on Thursday... It's almost been a year, and still I cannot sleep Wednesday nights due to excitement and anticipation, and am up at 5am Thursdays solely to weigh in.. I thought this would of ceased a little after a year of weigh ins, but I'm still just as bad...lol xxx

Mine's Thursday as well. I was hoping that the anticipation would eventually be replaced with quiet confidence (if I've stuck to the plan) but going by your experience - maybe not! :)

My weigh in is tomorrow - going to stick with going to SW class for a few more weeks, mostly because my consultant is lovely and it's a new group & she deserves to do well - I'll decide whether to carry on after the spring hols.
Preoccupied with food today - not eaten loads but just seem to keep thinking about it, picked at a bit of cheesy potato and then a slice of turkey but half way through the turkey I just handed it down to the dog, not with the usual sense of regret either ;).Sat here feeling full, a bit bemused as have a big roast beef with all the trimmings planned for after I've been to kettlebells and right now can't envisage eating anything! Whilst waiting for Mr McKenna to come good on his promise that the hypno band is coming soon to android, I found a freebie hypno band on You Tube - there are actually a few of them & had a listen. Might be worth looking at if anyone is debating whether they want to do the Paul McKenna one - although you only have the trance track and no reading to back it up. But like I say, it's free.

Hi I've been reading MissMiffs thread over past few weeks, I feel so inspired by her story so far so going to try Paul McKenna's HGB so here goes count me in the 50lb summer challenge!! I have no scales so will be out tomorrow to purchase some. I reckon I'm about 16st odd so 50lb would be amazing for summer xx

I've added my name to the list hope you don't mind. Good Luck everyone:

Theria - 0lb lost 50lb to go
Big Ben - 0lb lost 50lb to go
Missmiff - 0lb lost 50lb to go
Bee32 - 0lb lost 50lb to go
Chezz - 0lb lost 50lb to go
Mairead - 0lb lost 50lb to go
Porkscratching - 0lb lost 25lb to go
MrsMcGregor - 0lb lost 50lb to go
Muhachka - 0lb lost 50lb to go
Sarahc - 0lb lost 42.5 to go
Madferitchick - 0lb lost 50lb to go
Coffeecup1 - 0lb lost 50lb to go
DragonsnDaffs - 0lb lost 50lb to go
FivebyFive - 0lb lost 50lb to go
Laneygirl - 0lb lost 50lb to go
debsxdiet - 0lb lost 50lbto go
Leli- 0lb lost 50lb to go

Last edited:
Saturday weigh in for me x

Missmiff...I am hugely inspired by you! I've bought the Paul McKenna book today and am just reading it. Can I ask, have I literally just followed the book, or is there anything else that's been key to your success? What about exercise?? Anyway, hope you don't mind the questions and congratulations on your amazing achievement! Xx

Missmiff...I am hugely inspired by you! I've bought the Paul McKenna book today and am just reading it. Can I ask, have I literally just followed the book, or is there anything else that's been key to your success? What about exercise?? Anyway, hope you don't mind the questions and congratulations on your amazing achievement! Xx

Hiya mad..x

i started out just using the book and trance cd...I couldn't exercise as the pain from simply rising from a chair was enough for me to not...

I still remember the day, I was standing in the kitchen peeling vegetables, and I suddenly realised that my back didn't ache, whereas previously I had to sit to prepare vegetables as the pain was too immense.. I recall shouting for my husband who came running into the kitchen. I just burst into tears telling him my back didn't hurt. I knew then this was what I needed, and I could now exercise, and nothing could stop me.

i began to Zumba, in my lounge.. Admittedly I almost took out the coffee table with a hip swing, but I kept going, and did it most days, just starting off 5 mins, then I eventually worked up to over 40 minutes... I also started walking.. And signed up for the race for life, which also helped to keep me on track.

Now a year on, I still Zumba weekly, and I walk constantly and rarely take the car, I also bike ride a lot in the summer months.. But it's no longer a chore, it really is enjoyable.

i remember reading and listening to Paul McKenna, and listening to him saying that you will begin to enjoy exercise.blah..blah..blah... And I thought, yeah right!.. But it's true!

Sorry for whittling on..lol

i think I should get commission on Mr Mckennas book!!!!

Jane xxxxx

Hi again...

when updating the list, please make sure you copy and paste the most recent lists, so we don't miss any challengers off..

good luck ladies

jane xxxx

Big Ben - 0lb lost 50lb to go
VerdePurdy -0lb lost 50lb to go
tome - 0lb lost 50lb to go

Well my weigh in day is a Friday but I couldn't help but have a peek this morning.... Maybe I just wanted to be first to post a loss, anyway I've lost 2 lbs so updated list below :)

Big Ben - 2lb lost 48lb to go
VerdePurdy -0lb lost 50lb to go
tome - 0lb lost 50lb to go

Hiya mad..x

i started out just using the book and trance cd...I couldn't exercise as the pain from simply rising from a chair was enough for me to not...

I still remember the day, I was standing in the kitchen peeling vegetables, and I suddenly realised that my back didn't ache, whereas previously I had to sit to prepare vegetables as the pain was too immense.. I recall shouting for my husband who came running into the kitchen. I just burst into tears telling him my back didn't hurt. I knew then this was what I needed, and I could now exercise, and nothing could stop me.

i began to Zumba, in my lounge.. Admittedly I almost took out the coffee table with a hip swing, but I kept going, and did it most days, just starting off 5 mins, then I eventually worked up to over 40 minutes... I also started walking.. And signed up for the race for life, which also helped to keep me on track.

Now a year on, I still Zumba weekly, and I walk constantly and rarely take the car, I also bike ride a lot in the summer months.. But it's no longer a chore, it really is enjoyable.

i remember reading and listening to Paul McKenna, and listening to him saying that you will begin to enjoy exercise.blah..blah..blah... And I thought, yeah right!.. But it's true!

Sorry for whittling on..lol

i think I should get commission on Mr Mckennas book!!!!

Jane xxxxx

Simply amazing, you should be so proud! And you def should hit Paul up for some commission!! I've almost read the book so hope to do the cd and DVD tonight. I'm struggling with the need to sit at a table with no distraction for all meals...breakfast is always on the run to work/nursery, lunch at my desk whilst working, dinner in the eve when I finally get to sit down...infront of the tv!! Is that something you found hard too?? Also do u still regularly listen to the cd?? The idea of eating what I want, ie not following a specific plan like slimming world, feels really odd!! But I'm going to give it a go!! Xxx

Lol.. Not entirely sure if that's cheating Big Ben..lol

but well done to you, you've set a target for us all to aim for

good luck for Friday

Jane xx

Simply amazing, you should be so proud! And you def should hit Paul up for some commission!! I've almost read the book so hope to do the cd and DVD tonight. I'm struggling with the need to sit at a table with no distraction for all meals...breakfast is always on the run to work/nursery, lunch at my desk whilst working, dinner in the eve when I finally get to sit down...infront of the tv!! Is that something you found hard too?? Also do u still regularly listen to the cd?? The idea of eating what I want, ie not following a specific plan like slimming world, feels really odd!! But I'm going to give it a go!! Xxx

The finding time for meals is one of the most important parts of this... I know cos at times I've sat and woofed down lunch and then wondered where it went.. Your meal times really do have to be all consuming and about you!.. It is difficult, but worth finding those 10 minute slots..

I listen to the cd fairly regularly, normally every month to 6 weeks... I always know when I'm ready for a burst of Mr McKenna as when I'm strolling down the crisp aisle and want to plummet head first into the wotsits..that's normally the trigger!..lol

give it all you've got!.. You've nothing to lose but weight!

Jane xxx

1 lb off only 49 to go.
Well done - it's always nice to break into the next stone zone (that's if your stats are up to date).
Weigh in at 6pm, hope I'll have something good to report.

Big Ben - 2lb lost 48lb to go
Coffeecup1 - 1lb lost 49lb to go