Advice needed

juliebags

Silver Member
Bought some lindwoods milled organic flaxseed, but cannot work out the met carbs this is the info for 30g
Energy 153kcals
Protein 6.6g

Carbohydrate 0.5g
Of which is sugars 0.5g
Fat 13.9g
Of which is saturates 1.3g
Of which is polyunsaturated 9.4g
Omega 3 7.2g
Omega 6 2.1g
Of which monosaturates 2.6g
Omega 9 2.6g
Fibre 8.7g

I am really confused i thought you deducted the fiibre from carbohydrate ??? But that would give me -8.5 meaning not countable??? Having a thick moment please help xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You don't deduct fibre, this is only done on American products Can't remember why! But I know I read this on someone's diary this week! And Jim said don't deduct fibre, only in America which is why it says so in the book :) xxx

Found it!! If you scroll down there's a thread called carbs . . . Net carbs. . . Someone said on there: Unfortunately, that is a rule they use in a America. In the UK our food labels have the fibre already deducted from the total carbs. So, whatever it says on the label is the net carbs. Meaning each meal option would be too high if he has to keep within 10g.

The only situation where you would deduct anything from to total carbs would be if something contained Polyols (but these can also affect some peoples' weight loss, not to mention.. Ahem... bowel movements)!

I made the same mistake for the first couple of weeks on Atkins as I'd only ever read the American info.

Hope that helps xxxx

Thank you so much , now it makes sense ooops i think i have probably been over dping it wotj mon foundation carbs , but have still lost so very pleased, will ne more careful next week

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That's ok :) glad to be of help xxx

Back