AJ's LL Management Journey!

It's my pleasure Fallenangel and Gaijingirl, I decided to do it because I hadn't read anything like it anywhere else.

Well, today (Sat) after I'd taken my daughter and her friend to South Queensferry for extra ballet lesson (exam soon), we went straight to town (Falkirk) to do some shopping.

I honestly only meant to get a couple of things from Tesco (get my excuses in quickly), but happened to pass a shop which had a great sale on. I just popped in to have a browse - and ended up buying a trouser suit and an evening dress. Oh dear, how did THAT happen!

They only had two suits left, a size 12 and a 16 at 75% off. Obviously, the 16 would be TOO BIG, so I said, "It's a pity you don't have a 14, this is a lovely suit". "Oh," she said, "I know it's a 12 but it is a generous cut". "Oh well, I'll try it on", said me. Well blow me if it didn't fit perfectly - not tight anywhere!

On the way to pay for it I spotted some evening dresses which were also 75% reduced. On impulse I decided to try a selection of them on. Well, I got 14's because they were all fitted dresses. They all fitted beautifully. I chose just one to buy (see, I can be strict with myself). It is really flattering, I can't wait to wear it on holiday!

Anyway, I asked my daughter to take my picture wearing both new items and I will try to put them on the site.

On another matter, I was flicking though my "Route to Management" book and came to week 4. There was a section on "Being a skilled Weight Holder". What does it mean, I wondered. Well I read on and found out it means maintaining your weight when you finally achieved your goal. I've never been able to do it. No, let me correct myself, I have never actually tried to do it! Yet.

I have been thinking about what it means for me all day, and thought I'd discuss it with you all when I next posted. Have any of you tried or been successful at weight maintaining in the past?

One of my colleagues occasionally comes to work complaining that her skirts are too tight and for two weeks she stops eating chocolate at coffee breaks/lunch breaks, stops the alcohol and, if she's going to have any snacks, chooses fruit. Then after a couple of weeks she's back to normal again. She doesn't got back to eating too much chocolate but does have it occasionally.

That sounds like a really healthy way to maintain weight, rather than letting it all pile regardless. I would like to believe that I will be able to follow her example once at the end of the 12 weeks, once I am 100% on real food again.

Oh yes, I almost forgot I bought a paid of evening shoes in another sale. They are gorgeous and only a tenner!

Oh yes, and a pair of combat type trousers (size 14) - but they were from the Barnados shop. See, I just don't have any informal trousers to wear!

That's all. Honestly. Really. Truthfully.

Hi AJ
u look fabulous in your new clothes well done on the weight loss u reallu are an insipiration. You sound like an LLC in the making

Thanks for your comments Nce1, I notice that your have 'stolen' my Connect4 Crown (probably while I was sleeping!) It was a total fluke that I'd won it in the first place though, because I ended up getting three connect fours in a row at the same time! How did that happen? Have you been playing that Patience Delux - a real ***** of a game!

Last night I had a piece of salmon (again, this time I wrapped it in tinfoil, sprinkled with lime juice and black pepper, and roasted in the oven), and placed it on a selection of green leaves (lambs lettuce, spinach and watercress) with a dressing of balsamic vinegar, lime and lemon. Am I making you feel hungry? God,it was lovely. I didn't finish the salmon again. Stopped when I felt full. Ate slowly. Savoured every bite.

I forgot to mention that every morning I do 10 mins on my Lateral Thigh Trainer (LTT), I get up a bit earlier to do this and intend it to be a daily workout. It is great because I can fit it in easily and it doesn't require special clothes (just trainers), trips to the gym, or arranging babysitting. It raises the heart rate, loosens the joints, and sets me up for the day. At this time I am not planning anything else. Whatever exercise I do, will have to be absorbed into my daily life so that it becomes 'invisible'. It has to be easy and achievable, so that I don't have an excuse to stop doing it and so start to put on weight again.

Tonight I am doing Salad Nicoise from my Route to Management recipe book. Salad leaves, tuna, cooked egg white, fat free dressing or a marinade, dill.

Bye for now ...

Well done AmandaJayne on your Management Diary Journey, you are following in the same diligent way you wrote your weight loss diary.

We can all learn so much from your journey as you are an inspiration to us all here.

Management is the great unknown for most of us but is I believe it to be one of the most important parts of the process and needs to be emphasized more in order to stabilize the weight.

I have put your before and after photos up on the inspirational thread, I hope you don't mind?

http://www.minimins.com/success-sto...r-photo-thread-inspiration-20.html#post129352

Love Mini xxx

Are you kidding, Mini!

I wouldn't have had a clue how to do it myself! Thank you so much for doing this. It is so thoughtful of you. While we are on the subject, thanks for all your other posts, not just to me, but to everyone else. They are always a pleasure to read!

MINI FOR PRIME MINISTER!

Hello... just continuing our conversation from the before and after pictures' thread...

in response to your question "When are you moving to management?":

Got a ways to go - I'm feeling a bit fed up today with all of this. I want to go out to dinner with my boyfriend and eat some "real" food! I keep feeling more hungry recently too and I don't know why?? (petulant child I suppose!)

I've been thinking I'd like to get down to 10 stone and then start management but that's still 3 months away if I continue at a stone per month. My counsellor isn't very keen for me to start management at 11 stone (which is what I originally suggested and which is at the top of my BMI). I also have this idea in my head that I want to be able to wear a bikini. Last time I was 11 stone I wouldn't wear a bikini - I was too flabby. This time round I'll be too flabby even if I'm 6 stone 'cos of all the loose skin - but even if it's a bloody tankini I'd like to, just once in my life, not hit the beach wearing a black, low legged, corseted swimsuit... :(

TBH... I'm just tired today, I'll be ok tomorrow after a sleep.

I was quite encouraged to see that someone else on management carried on losing - 11lbs I think they said. I have always assumed that I'll put on weight when I start management.

Anyway, this is why I'm enjoying your management thread so much..

Hia Hun,

Just out of interest, how tall are you?

Originally, I had decided to start management at the end of February (I don't know why), but when I broached the subject with my counsellor, she said I could start straight away! Well, virtually. I actually started four days later, attending my first Managment meeting on a Tuesday.

My BMI was still 26.9 and I wasn't at the goal weight I had chosen, but it didn't matter.

I am still intending to lose some more and get to at least 10.13. But I will be flexible.

How long have you been doing the Development now? How many are left of your group?

I'm 5'6". My group fell apart after Xmas - only two of us went back and the other one had eaten over Xmas - although she did so consciously and went straight back on and is very committed. i've joined a "refreshers" group as there were no suitable developers groups for me to join. TBH.. my LL journey has been a bit mad and I haven't really had the programme fully - haven't seen all the CDs - didn't get the exercise DVD or ball etc. We never work from the book or do any of the homework etc.

That being said, my counsellor is very good and we do work quite hard in other ways. So I like going to her. She's very supportive and calls me quite often etc. i really like the girls in my refreshers class and feel like i can empathise with them as I've yo-yoed my entire life so the things they say really resonate with me.

My WI is tomorrow and class so hopefully i'll be feeling a bit more motivated after that. It's just beginning to feel like quite a long time now. But I do know that this feeling will pass. Sometimes though I feel I'm wishing my life away with this - "I can't wait until I'm "normal" type feeling". :sigh:

Hi AJ
i have a Lateral thigh trainer as well its very good but as im on day 4 im steering clear at the mo because i get dizzy.

Although my housework has been stepped up - diversion tatics- everything is sparklin lol

Hia Joh117,

Here is the list of protein for week 1, which I've copied out of my Route to Management book:

Chicken (skinless)
Cottage cheese (plain) choose the lowest fat option
Egg whites, hard boiled
Fish, any, fresh, frozen or tinned in water/brine
Quorn, plain
Shellfish, any
Tofu, plain, any
Turkey,skinless

From day 3 there is a large list of herbs/spices which can be added, plus a selection of condiments, sauces and dressings. Additionally from day 3 you can also choose from a selection of green raw vegetables.

From week three soya mince can be added. Cheese is introduced in week 10 only (as part of the 'trigger' weeks).

Hope this helps.

Nce1, I have positioned mine behind a tall-backed chair so if I overbalance (my coordination is not good) I can have something to grab on to! I am also in front of the mirror so I can check that I am doing my arm exercises ok.

Day 5 - an update.

First thing I did my 10 mins LTT, before having a pack and 1st litre of water. I have started to add a mixture of lemon juice and lime juice to the water for flavouring, rather than the LL water flavours.

After that I watched a tape - 'Trial and Retribution' from last week (3 hours!) - it is a fantastic programme - I am glued from start to finish.

Lunch was another pack and another litre of water.

Since I began LL (back in August) I challenged myself to walk into town on a Saturday or Sunday, with the option of walking back too, weather permitting. It is about 3 and a half miles to town.

I have kept to that challenge and it has now become part of my life that I really enjoy. Sometimes the rest of the family come too.

Today I walked both ways.

When I returned I got the tea ready (for everyone else) and had another litre of water.

My tea was from the recipe book. Tuna (tinned) with egg white, mixed green salad, and a dressing I invented myself. Balsamic vinegar, lime juice, lemon juice and powdered ginger.
Oh and the usual 1 litre of water.

I used half a boiled egg white, half the tin of tuna and a handful of mixed green salad. I dribbled the dressing over everything. I hadn't used ginger like this before but it was delicious. I have enough stuff to do another one tomorrow night.

I did finish everything this time, mainly because the salmon I had been using previously was a prepacked size and too big for me. What I made tonight was enough.

A nice long soak in the bath followed with another glass of water and a book!

Finally, its bedtime and another 1 litre of water to sip while I watch Trial and Retribution on telly!

I haven't found it difficult so far and haven't felt particularly hungry either. Time will tell.

Bye for now ...

AJ,

I think that this diary of your management is really good especially for me whose had a million and one questions about this programme and due to start in about a week's time.

How are you able to maintain LL with children?

I'm just curious.

Davica

Quote: "How are you able to maintain LL with children?"

Hia DEvans,

My kids are 12 and 13. We plan what they are going to have that week, buy anything that needs buying, and a lot of the time, they cook their own meals during the week. My son enjoys cooking and often volunteers.

My husband is home at the weekends and then I am more likely to cook something for everyone. Soon, I will be able to include myself!

I was surprised at how easy it was to incorporate LL into our family. Perhaps it is because my kids are old enough to prepare their own food and don't mind.

Day 6 - meeting tomorrow.

Very busy today. Had to bring some work home. Deadline tomorrow.

Just drinking last pack of the day. Had the other half of the tuna/egg salad. Lovely! Still not feeling particularly hungry yet. Waiting for the time when I will be really tested. It can't be this easy!

Wore new suit to work today. Got lots of admiring comments. Said thanks graciously!!

From Wednesday I can add virtually fat free dips, low cal/diet drinks, and sugar free jelly plus more salad and veg (eat raw), and some dairy including fromage frais and yoghurt.

I can now add a snack, for example dip with cucumbers and peppers up to 225g.

My recipe book has a nice sounding tzatziki dip which I might try, although I will omit the garlic and replace it with chopped mint to make it into a raita.

There's also a recipe for salmon with a lime sauce and spinich which I might try. The whole family can have it (with chips!).

Didn't do LTT today. Went to work early. Do it tomorrow.

Hi AJ

Your menu options are just getting better and better!! I am so pleased you are finding it all O.K. You are so 100% focused, I really admire that!!

Keep us posted on the salmon and lime:D :D I lurrrrve salmon!

Sooooo jealous!!! Would lurve to eat some veg (never thought I'd hear myself say that). Oh well, that will be my prize eventually if I hang on in there. Loving the diary. You're an inspiration - it's great to watch your progress. am very encouraged to know that so far you're not finding it difficult so far - I hope that continues! x

Well it's the 7th day, and my second meeting was tonight.

I have lost a further 4 lbs bringing my loss to 6 and a half stone. Another 7lbs would be nice.

I was busy today and after work had lots of 'stuff' to do before the meeting tonight. I didn't have time to eat first although I did feel a bit peckish. I just knew that there would not be enough time to 'eat slowly and savour every bite'. It ws just before 9 when I finally sat down to my salmon and green leafy salad.

I watched it cooking under the grill and felt hungry (this is a first for a long time). I considered eating it all and imagined myself doing it. I told myself that it was about time I finished off a meal. I convinced myself that it was 'ok'and 'a good thing'.

When I eventually sat down to eat, I took my time and took small pieces to eat. I had eaten nearly half of the salmon (and most of the salad) when I realised that I was full. So I stopped.

I'll have the rest tomorrow night. I might have it cold and flaked over my salad (which will now include cucumber, peppers, radish and spring onions, among other things).

What about next door's cat? Well, I flavoured the salmon with ginger and balsamic vinegar. I am not sure that Penny will appreciate it!

The thing is, my thoughts before the meal were probably what I would have thought when I was anticipating eating, but I would have ignored feeling full and finished everything off anyway.

Oh I nearly forgot. As well as one meal in place of a pack, I can now have a snack. For example dip with peppers/cucumber pieces. That's what I will be having anyway. I am making a raita dip.

I don't know when to have the snack though. Perhaps at lunchtime with my hot chocolate pack? Decisions,decisions...

Back