alcoholic drinks

Not everything, some things have a free food allowence. But for treat foods its a pretty much correct :)

Do you have a home bargains or quality save? Stowells are in there for a couple of pound. Other than that most supermarkets have a light wine for under a fiver. x

Yes I have both, thanks a lot :) x

Do any of you guys out there know what the syn value for perry (aka cheap wine with only 7.5%) is this classed as low alcohol wine or different?

Cant even find a calorie content to try and work it out!

Last edited:
Its Peralini, not the most top class! Looking at the money side of things I think it will be cheaper and less syns to buy vodka nd diet drinks!

Anyone know the syn value of Gordons Sloe Gin, I assume that it would probably be more than normal gin?

ginlin said:
Anyone know the syn value of Gordons Sloe Gin, I assume that it would probably be more than normal gin?

I used slimming world app on my phone.
Gordons sloe gin
35ml is 4 syns
25ml is 2.5 syns

Interestingly the one below was the gin and slimline tonic can which is 5 syns for 330ml (which I assume is a can)

I like using my syns to have an alcoholic drink, gone try martini now I know you can have 50ml for 2.5syns, most spirits tend to be 25ml for 2.5syns, going to have it with diet lemonade in a tall glass to make it a long drink. My fave beverage is cider but its 14 syns for 568ml bottle.

Nice to hear sloe gin is no different to most over spirits.
I had a flexi syn evening and have 10 double Dark rums and diet coke for 50 syns.

I have a bottle of Banrock Station Light, 5.5%. It says on the bottle 60 cals per 125ml glass, isn't regular wine 4 syns for the same?? The SW book guide says, light wine is 1.5 per 125ml.. ??? If light wine works out 3 per 125, and regular is 4 for the same, sod it, I want the full fat wine!

I have a bottle of Banrock Station Light, 5.5%. It says on the bottle 60 cals per 125ml glass, isn't regular wine 4 syns for the same?? The SW book guide says, light wine is 1.5 per 125ml.. ??? If light wine works out 3 per 125, and regular is 4 for the same, sod it, I want the full fat wine!

Never a truer word said!

SulisMinerva said:

Well for me its 2.5 syns less as its 6 for 175 Rose and 3.5 for the 175 of the light one I drink. I can have 2 glasses of one or 4 of the other so I know which I would choose x

full fat all the way! worth waiting for!

Depending on how much weight you need to lose if you have little to no syns from food you can drink. I've lost over a stone drinking 8 can each night, but it's come to the point where my weight loss has stopped, and I therefore need to cut back on the drink. Nothing to drink last two days and weigh in tonight so see how it goes!

My biggest downfall is wine- I just can't give it up. Over Christmas I pretty much ad a bottle of wine every night. If I didn't drink I would be super skinny ha! Trying to hold off til next weekend now- sat here with a hot vimto:-(

my favourite tipple is vodka but after reading this thread i have started having martini extra dry with diet lemonade, anything to save a few syns! :party0036:

I've found that since joining slimming world, my desire to drink has cut down immensely. Before Xmas I gave up drinking for about a month and found it so much easier than I thought. Then I've been doing dry January. Helping me save pounds and lose lbs at the same time :)

i have cut down drastically too, me & my hubby used to drink 5 out of 7 nights at home,not getting drunk or anything just a couple to relax really, but now we have decided to keep it to the weekends only so that should help with the weightloss & save a bit of money too!

Back