Alexmummy's learning journey...

Morning Claire.... I hope today will be a good day for you with the sun shining and that you are physically recovering..... take care of yourself xx

Hey hunny, hope you are well today.

Def small steps is the way forward hun, take it slow

Wishing you a good day and sending you ((hugs))
xx

Hope you are enjoying this lovely weather and an Easter break with OH and little Alex. Big hugs. xxx

HeyAM,

Hope you are getting some good relaxing time on this lovely weekend hun.
Happy Easter
xx

Thanks everyone. I did have quite a nice Easter - lots of outdoor time and time to get my head in a better place, and to buy the Beck Book too!
Have read up until day 1 so far, and got all my shakes today, so I'm ready to go for 100% tomorrow.
I go on holiday in less than 4 weeks now, so I know it's now or never clothes-wise for the holiday.
I would love to be at least 18lbs down by the time we go away, but right now, even 10lbs would be good!

Off for a bath soon to read day 1 of Beck Book. Will be reporting back here tomorrow xx

Morning Claire.... hows the Beck book going... I definately need to have a re read for next weeks start of diet (what? yet another one.... ha ha).

Hope your throat is better and you are feeling a bit more positive..... just look after yourself, no rush to do anything.

Have a great day xx

Hello Everyone!!

Really appreciate all your lovely replies!
Greeneyes, Beck-Book seems to be good, but I am one of those typical dieters who wants to read the book and not "do the exercises" so to speak. However, I have committed myself to make sure I do all the exercises as they ask.
I'm going to put my ARC's on my phone memo bit, as I can often go out switch purses etc and then won't have my lists with me - so they are going somewhere that I know I will always have them!
Throat improving, just streaming nose and horrible chest infection at the mo - but I am feeling much brighter, and hopefully ready to take on this new challenge.

Friday will be hard with being around quite so much food etc, but I know I've done this before (just different shakes/bars etc) but I CAN and WILL do it.

Jess - I am definitely back into this now. I've spent £112 buying shakes and a couple of bars for 28 days that it's not an option for me now to give up. I just don't have that money to waste, and if I cheat, I know I'm only fooling myself.

Going away in just a couple of weeks now, so it really is now or never time. My add a meal week should feel in to when we are away, so there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to stray even when there. (And I've done that before in 2009 too when we went to Centre Parcs, and even came back lighter!)

So TODAY... is day 1, of hopefully the last new start I will have to take!

Reading Beck has made me realise a lot of this "I've failed again" has got to go. This time, whether there is a blip or not, it's not going to be the end of the world, and more importantly it's not going to ruin my diet for the next day/week/months. That's why no matter what, today is the day to begin it all.

So I've changed my stats to their true readings as of this morning. It's not pretty, but I get them down again.

1 shake down, it wasn't great, but it's drinkable, and that's the main thing. So silly me, if I hadn't of eaten myself this big again, then I wouldn't need to be drinking these shakes for quite so long, but hey - you live, you try, and eventually we'll get there!

Have a great day all - have a feeling I'll be floating around here for part of it xxx

Morning!!

Well I'm really pleased to say I managed to get through day 1, although it was a bit tougher than I thought it was going to be!
Have decided to split my packs today to spread the "meals" out a bit more. Scales already moving down, which is GREAT! And such a big motivator. I confess that I'm a bit worried about what treats might be in my eyesight tomorrow. (little man is going to a Wedding Party) but I've just got to keep in my head how much I want this, why I want this, and use my ARC cards where needed.

Well...here's to day 2 (drinks water!)
xx

Well done Claire - great plan and I hope you feel much better soon from your sore throat. Scale drop already! Woop! x

Happy Saturday Peeps

Had a really successful, although difficult first 3 days, and onto day 4 today. Avoided all the foods yesterday aswell. My confession is that I did have a protein and salad meal yesterday, but I feel very comfortable with that, and just counting it like a SS+ day. Planning the same today as we have family over a bit later, and to be completely honest, it's helping get through the days.

Still reading my Beck Book, and I think just maybe it is helping to keep me a little calmer about everything.

Scales going downwards, which is excellent news. Just got to keep them going that way.

xxx

Hey Alexm, Glad to hear you are doing so well on your shakes hun, and reading the Beck book too, really pleased its helping to keep thigns calm for you.
well done on getting into day 4 the hardest bit it over now hun, should be easier from here!
Wishing you a lovely weekend with your family
xx

Hope the rest of your weekend was great! Good luck for your first week's WI if you haven't had it already. :)

Hey Everyone

Stopping by very quickly, as off to meet brother in a while to pick our dad's B'day pressie.
Had a good week overall, I did have a few nibbles on Saturday but stuck mainly to protein. Monday we went out for a meal as my nan lost her dog last week, and it's my dad's Birthday this week. I had chicken with peppers, onions and chips, but didn't eat it all (a first!) and a few spoons of a choc pudding (again a first to "leave" some food) I could be really disappointed not doing completely 100% but I'm actually really pleased with myself. I've started exercising, slowly to begin with, and will work up again. Just ordering a sports bra at the mo, as that's one thing that puts me off exercising is my chest. I know some people will say I'm lucky, but don't often feel it when running or any impact sports!

Anyway...on the plus side, I lost 4lbs this week which given a meal out, and a couple of nibbles on Saturday I couldn't be happier with :)

Have a good day all, I'll be back later to read all your diaries and to comment on my Beck book findings xx

Hey Everyone

I've started exercising, slowly to begin with, and will work up again. Just ordering a sports bra at the mo, as that's one thing that puts me off exercising is my chest. I know some people will say I'm lucky, but don't often feel it when running or any impact sports!
Alex M, I know just how you feel about your chest. I'm 5'2" with a 38DD pair :eek: Any kind of running almost knocks me out.........not funny. I would love to be able to have my pert 36b's back :cry:
Anyway...on the plus side, I lost 4lbs this week which given a meal out, and a couple of nibbles on Saturday I couldn't be happier with :)
That is a fab result and I am so happy for you. Well done honey and keep it going.
Have a good day all, I'll be back later to read all your diaries and to comment on my Beck book findings xx
Have a good day yourself and enjoy Beck. It makes so much sense. I've lent my to my DD2, so that's my excuse for not reading it at the moment.. have no excuse for not reading my ARCs though, the reminder flashes up on my mobile phone every couple of hours :eek:

Well done on your loss Claire..... keep up the good work xx

Morning AlexM,

I hope you’re well today. Shame about the weather isn’t it, was quite nice yesterday (although cooler), but now it just looks miserable. Boo. I thought of you Tuesday evening – mine and mum’s CDC lives in Crowthorne, so on the way we drive through the high street and went past Envisage Bridal. I’ll definitely have a look in there, especially if I don’t find anything in the stores I’m going to in June.

Still love your avatar, so beautiful.

Have a wonderful day,

Love Jess xxx

Aww thanks Jess!

Did you see all the smoke/fires from our surrounding Forest Fires? Really scary, so much of near us has been closed off road-wise. Was trying to get to Califoria Country Park on Mon, and couldn't get there, so went to Look Out for a walk instead, and then that all got closed off too!

Can't wait to see the dress you choose - soooo exciting!!

Greeneys - Thank you for congrats - would of course have loved a little more - but I'm happy :)

Chels - I'm about the same as you - a 36-38 DD (depending on shop) I know most people would be jealous, but as you'll know, just try running with them! Ouch!!
Hope new sports bra will come soon, but status under "awaiting stock" at the min...hhmmm...!

Going to face a tough night tonight - dad's birthday and we have been invited for Chinese at mums. I've told them I can't eat it, so mum and I are going to have salad...but OMG the smell of it will just kill me...MUST STAY STRONG...!!

Back a bit later girlies...off to music class with Alex xxx

Hey hun, hope you enjoyed the party and are having good weekend
xx

Hi Everyone

Well Thursday was HARD to say the least! Sitting through that smell of chinese...arghhh! I'm pleased and disappointed with myself. I managed to sit through 99% of the food, and had 1 mini spring roll, which was fine, I'd "planned" that. However, the birthday cake...hhmmm too much of that, so a little disappointed. But right back on track Friday, and have been since.

Would really love to SS plus/810 constantly, but I think I have to evaluate the money situation of it, and also my own mindset. This time, I really want to work through what I'm eating properly, from breakfast, right through to evening time, so am thinking from when we get back from holiday, I will move to 1000, as I know it's a good plan. I know I've done well on it before. I have also struggled on it a little, but I am SURE I can do it this time, and fingers X do it well.

Hoping to lose a few more lbs again before I get there. Would love to be under 12 stone for the holiday, and ideally not to gain, or only to gain only 1lb whilst away. Going to work hard not to gain though, and that's why I don't want to be higher than 810 when we do go.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend. We have been clearing out wardrobes and drawers in our bedroom today. Really trying to de-clutter a lot before we move house. xx

Determined

Morning Alexm, how's you're decluttering going hun! hope you are still getting on well with your plan this week.
where you off on your hols? we've book d for Tenerife this year (all inc...yikes) as Jess says stick to the principles of protein and lesser carbs and you'll be fine.
Have a great day hun!
x

Back