Consolidation Anjuschka's journey through Conso (closed)

Thanks Jo,

no the stewed apple is because we have lots of it and there was some in the fridge. I stewed these apples (with a bit of water only) because some are so small (picking from abandoned orchard) they are not really nice for eating 'raw'. Lots also have a 'protein surprise' inside LOL! Most of the stewed is in the freezer now. I also have some shop-bought ones which will come out again on Friday.

Tomorrow - yes I am going to make some Muffins to have my 10am snack.

Bread - yes I made a small 100% WM loaf with reduced sugar and a minimum of fat (under a ts of oil).
And an medium thinnish slice of my bread is ~50gr which is in the 40-60gr range given in the instructions.
The closest shop-bought might be an 'Allinson wholemeal' loaf, a slice of that weighs about 50gr too.
I then froze it ready-sliced so I can defrost a slice a day. As time goes on I will adjust the recipe back to normal (yeast needs sugar to rise and bread needs a little fat to keep for longer than a day or two).

No real hunger (yet), though occasionally my stomach makes funny contortions :) that I can feel, a bit like hunger but nowhere as bad.

We will see on Friday how successful or not it all is though!! I really have not weighed myself all week.

That's absolutely wonderful - thanks for those explanations.

Re the weigh in on Friday - please don't panic if you've gained a bit will you... and don't feel you have to start reducing and even dieting again to compensate. :)

Menus sound good, Anja. Cheese....

That's absolutely wonderful - thanks for those explanations.

Re the weigh in on Friday - please don't panic if you've gained a bit will you... and don't feel you have to start reducing and even dieting again to compensate. :)

Errm no, after what I have eaten today (the smoked salmon was a bit salty) on PP I am sure I will show more tomorrow!! Quite stuffed now. But it was delicious...

B: dukan porridge & plain quark
S: half of an 1-egg omelette (my ultimate portable snackfood!)
L: leftover steamed slamon and some hot-smoked salmon with quark&mustard sauce, some homemade chicken in aspic (made with Agar), vanilla yoghurt.
D: Omelette with prawns, yogurt or quark with a bit of sweetener.

It's my weekly shopping night tonight so choice was a bit limited. However I found that my work cafe sells ML yoghurts, even vanilla ones - lifesaver. At a 50% mark-up, but good in emergencies though, esp if I feel the need to wander down there in search of comfort food!

I should explain that I work in a sort of open-plan building, that has offices and teachign rooms along the sites and a 'street' down the middle. I'm in an open space off the street at the top and smells from the cafe at the ground floor waft up, especially fresh pastries around 10 - aaargh....

Ok gotta rush - parents' afternoon that school!

Fresh pastries are horrible :cry:... and that's my last word on the subject ;)

Jaqys asked in the weekly weigh-in thread:
How much exercise are you doing?

'Not much' is the truth.

So here is the longer answer:

As far as exercise goes I have not really made a special effort since being in the diet, so all I've done is the incidental stuff as before, though I may re-jig my daily routine to replace the cycling to work with some walking when time allows.
I also manage the occasional 30 min walk at lunch time, but am too busy at the moment. But I always take the stairs - I'm on the second floor at work and our house has two upper floors too.

This week I did: lots and lots of brisk walking while in London at the weekend. Then normal week with 5 mins walk to school and back, and about 5miles (sometimes 7) brisk cycling a day, a mini-swim on Mondays. A walk or two (with the kids, so not so brisk) at the weekend.

From next week (finally) back to 1hr and a half of fairly strenuous Iyengar yoga on Tuesdays. How can you get breathless when you're standing still? I hope my weight loss will improve my strength (less weight to lift). I also hope my teacher will notice I've shrunk ;) even though I never have to motivation to practise yoga at home :(

hey anju ive just be reading ur conso thread and im so impressed with ur will power ,i do hope i will be able to join u on ur conso plan when i eventually get there !!!

a big WELL DONE !!!

As requested, I have dug out some 'before' photos from the last couple of years. However I've left the album private so if you'd like to see them please ask me to be added to my contacts.
I still haven't got any proper 'after' pics, maybe will get round to them this weekend. however there is one from end of August which does show the final result quite clearly.
I don't seem to be able to sort the pictures, so you'll have to carefully look at the labels!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Of course you can. Don't get too excited as I said there's just a few old pics , two more recent (Aug and Sept) and I still have have to take some proper 'after' ones! When swimming today saw myself in a swimsuit in a full-length mirror. I have a WAIST ;) that was a bit of a revelation. Maybe I should pose in a swimsuit :eek:

It's funny because in my head I'm still the old shape, especially as I still have the (now smaller) mummy tummy on front so my view from above is the same IYWIM

thank you lovely ,i love seeing pic's coz its an inspiration for us and also i feel so so proud of wot u have achieved !!!!!

Ah well, I attempted some self-portraits in the mirror this morning but they are not shareable, I'm making stupid faces in all of them. DH promised to help.

I stepped on the scales this morning. Still the same, phew. So I should tell you what I've been eating. I can't quite recall everything, but the extras this weekend were:
Friday Treat: MullerLight with chocolate sprinkles!

Sat:
D: homemade Lasagne (lean beef), a glass of red wine, home made apple crumble with dukan-friendly custard.

Sun treat:
S: Home made Apple Muffin (not really allowed!)
The rest of the day I was good though, stuck with the plan.

As I do this write-up so infrequently I can't quite recall exactly what I ate over the weekend. Sunday night it was home made lean beef burgers - just no buns for me and the kids loved it! Being able to have veg with every meal has made life much easier.
I am also getting more relaxed now, tasting the food I'm cooking again. So far so good!
I have my slice wholemeal bread a day, usually as a snack to savour the bread. Also, as I've been having Dukan BM bread, I'm not so desperate. On work days I frequently take a babybel cheese as a snack and on Sat we all had cheese on toast as a family - except I was only getting one little slice :p

Right, enough for now, I need some sleep before an even earlier than usual start tomorrow - DD1 is due at the Hospital at 7.30 am for a teeth (4 baby teeth) extraxtion under GA. Hopefully we won't have to wait for too long!

hi anju hope ur dd1 will be ok and ur pic's are absoluty fabulous and u look gorgeous well done hunny !!!

Last edited:
Good luck at the hospital, Anja. It is a quick op and GA (I had a couple of baby teeth out over 30 years ago - my Dad did the anaesthetic at the dentist's surgery - he was the local GP - that wouldn't be allowed now!)

Can I be added too, please? I'd love to see you before and after.:)

Thanks everyone, DD1 is fine, yes it was a quick 10-min thing despite extracting 4 baby teeth and she's already busy in the kitchen making a Charlie and Lola puppet theatre. The worst bit was the 2hr wait hanging around (from before 7.30am), ready to go, while she kept telling me how hungry she was LOL and we had no idea when it would be our turn. But I finished the piece of knitting I had taken with me :)
Now we still have tomorrow off school, because the Ga and the risk of bleeding starting again.

Glad that you're home and all went well.

You look fab - so slim! Well done Anja!

Back