Any quilters or sewers......

I do cross stitch which I really enjoy although I do go through stages of getting fed up with it when I get frustrated that it's taking so long. I also tend to get seduced by new projects so don't finish the current one. Hence I have about 5 on the go at the moment. :)

I have only just started with quilting so am a complete beginner. I am looking about for something really simple for me to do first as don't want to overwhelm myself. I am a real little crafter though as I love cross stitch and have also just started card making too
Any tips from the experts re my quilting would be greatly appreciated!

Coachnomad I have wanted to crochet but I never get the hang of it, I am going to try again at some point to see if I can eventually do it. I can knit basic stuff, like scarves but I've never followed a pattern before, thing is with me and wool, my hands sweat when I work with it and it makes me uncomfortable. Strange!
I've not made anything yet with my quilting as only just started earlier this month.

You tube is an excellent teacher of crochet, it how I learnt, I also stitch and occasionally attempt to do patchwork/quilting

Hi, I know this is an old thread but have borrowed a sewing machine from a friend to alter my dress for my brothers wedding and did it in no time so decided to give myself a project whilst I'm on sick leave. I have an old bag that I used to death, strap been sewn back on more times than I care to remember and lining is all torn-

ForumRunner_20120912_205342.png

Anyhow I decided to see what I could do with some old jeans and a pillowcase, total guesswork trying to work out the pattern without ripping the old bag apart. Anyway this is the finished thing-

ForumRunner_20120912_205454.png

Quite proud of my first effort and although its not exactly the same, its not a bad copy! Need to get a popper clasp then I'm away :)

ForumRunner_20120912_205547.png

Wow well done I love to upcycle things I find that I tend to buy a lot of material from charity shops in the form of curtains and quilts and make patch work, bags, toys etc from that,
More time on the sewing machine means less time I can put food in my mouth lol

I used to do patchwork but stopped when life got too busy. I am now looking to start again. I have found a design I like where I can use lots of different material. I have loads of scraps and really don't want to spend money on new stuff. I plan to start getting everything together at the end of next week, no time until then.

Just started out in patch working quilting and knitting. Maybe too many at once but I enjoy them all!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi Liz. I got a sewing machine for Christmas so I'm going to spend this weekend making some bunting so I can build my way up to a patchwork quilt!! And more curtains. I am definitely a novice so I'm not expecting great things!!

I would love to quilt but i fear it will never happen :( 3 kids under 6 mean my crafting time is limited.

Hi, im a newbie and I love to cross stitch. Its hard to find others who enjoy it. It was nice to find this on here :)

Same here - sewer, quilter, cross-stitcher, weaver, knitter.... Anything fabricy!

It's about a year since my last post! I am slowly building a scrap quilt for my eldest granddaughter. It's slow going because I find difficulty putting the different colours together to make it interesting and balanced. She's 5 now so maybe it will be finished by the time she's a teenager!

Back