Anybody else started Slimfast this week?

I started slimfast today.
Starting weight is 11st 11lb, dress size 14.
My goal is to shed 2 st. Short term goal to lose 8lb by 1st March.

I was 11st at 16, and lost weight in an unhealthy manner (starving myself and exercising insanely), so gained it all back gradually whilst at Uni. I was 12st 8lb at my heaviest, a few months ago, reduced portion size and started to walk everywhere so lost a a few lbs.

Now I'm ready to get into the correct mindframe and put in some effort to lose weight.

Good luck everyone xo

How's it going trillest? You're brave starting on a Sunday lol!! X

Hi therightrachel, first day going well so far I'm feeling positive , I'm going to take your advice and keep off scales until official wi on Saturday , just hope the plans kind to me :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

How's it going trillest? You're brave starting on a Sunday lol!! X

I actually wanted to start on Saturday but it was my Mums birthday, so although I didn't consume any shakes, I did watch my calories. Had such a tiny slice of cake!

Yesterday was fine. I had a shake for breakfast around 10/11am. Didn't feel hungry for hours, consumed lots of water. Had a snack and then since dinner was ready around 5pm, didn't bother having an afternoon shake. Also, as my mum had made Biryani, I didn't feel guilty, as I had calories left from a shake and two snacks.

I think being on slimfast will help me stop snacking. I'm due to start a new job in a few weeks, so I think I'm mentally 'ready' to 'start new'.

This thread really does help give incentive to proceed with weight loss.

It's only day two and I want to weigh myself already lol!

Hope you & everyone else have a lovely day xx

How much water do you aim for each day ?

I'm finding this really difficult, I take a bottle of water too work but there just isn't time to nip off to fill it up all the time! I've had about 3 tall glasses worth today and just having a herbal tea now (which I think counts as no caffeine). Aiming for about 6. I guess it'd help if I knew why we need 2 liters..is it to keep hunger at bay or is it to do with the extra fiber we're getting from the shakes?

Yea it's not easy il agree,
I've been aiming for 2 1/2 to 3 litres , I'm not sure either I just presumed it was to help with hunger

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've been off work sick today so had a shake for breakfast and just had half a weightwatchers cake for a snack! Having Chinese chicken and mushroom 350 cal for dinner. Would have eaten more but I was asleep all afternoon! Strangely I was really hungry when I went to sleep (11:30 so it was too early for a lunch shake) but on waking up I wasn't really hungry anymore. I am trying not to weigh myself until Thursday (a week into SF diet) but had a sneaky look today and quite a few pounds lighter, although know they will go back on tomorrow when I'm back to my 2 shakes and dinner :-(.

Anyone been going a month yet? I've penciled in a meal out with hub to celebrate - weight watchers wine and something from the low cal menus at either prezzo or zizis!

Ugh feeling kinda down.

My starting weight was an estimate. I say an estimate because the last time I weighed myself was in November. Prior to that, I weighed myself in August.

August - 12st9lbs
November - 11st11lbs

I really should have weighed myself on sunday! Instead I assumed I was still 11st11lbs.

Today, on my 5th day, I decided to weigh myself. The scales read 12st3lbs.

Totally clueless as to what my starting weight was!

I think I'll weigh myself Sunday, since it'll be a week since I've started, and use that weight to proceed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Grrrr.

Didn't weigh myself when starting slimfast.

Last time I weighed myself was in Oct/Nov and I was 11st11lbs.

Weighed myself today, 5th day, 12st3lbs.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Got my starting weight wrong :(

August weight - 12st9lbs
Oct/November weight - 11st11lbs

So, instead of weighing myself on Sunday, when I started slimfast, I assumed I was still 11st11lbs.
Today on day 5 of SF, I weighed myself and I'm 12st3lbs.

so not a good day for me today guys :-(.

Shake for breakfast then I met some friends for lunch at Prezzo - I planned ahead and looked up cals so opted for the healthiest pasta - Arrabbiata - which I thought was 383 cals....I then thought I'd go for dessert - the menu didn't have cal info.

It turns out the pasta was only 383 cals for the light version - mine was 503...then dessert was another 432!!!! That means my '600 cal meal' was actually a whopping great 935!!!! I still have some cal allowance as I haven't had anything else today but I still feel bad :-S...what do you reckon? Just a snack to fill me up before bedtime instead of another shake?

Hi girls! Haven't been on as I've been so busy with cake making and decorating, well done everyone! I don't seem to be losing weight as fast as any of you guys but I'm sticking to it! Some days I on,y have one shake split into two with loads of fruit, managed to fit into a pair of river island trousers which is usually impossible no matter what size I buy as the fit around the top of the thigh area is tight. I will weigh my self on Sunday and see if I've lost any more I'm currently at 12st 8lbs, I started last week at 13st. Need to reach 10stone! Xxx

Hello ladies

Hope you don't mind me joining in, been reading your posts, you have all been doing well and bein really supportive of each other , just what I need.
I'm on day 5 started on Monday at 15st 4lbs, that's the biggest I've been in a few years,

Been on it today after going out yesterday for lunch (it was way off plan)

My daughters off school on holidays just now so been trying not to eat but doing half day at work so starting at 2pm that will keep me out the kitchen till 6 haha

Xx

Ok so today I have had a shake for breakfast, and then decided to have boiled egg on toast for dinner instead of a meal bar.. I just needed to eat!! I am also faced with a homemade heart cake that's in the fridge, fella made it me for Valentine's lol!! I'm happy to say it's all intact, I've resisted all day, but it looks lovely, creamy chocolatey and raspberry on top! I'll have to have a bit after tea but not much. It's good I can give it to the kids after their teas :)

Also I have a confession! I had a takeaway on Wednesday night :-O shocking I know but I was hungry and it was late and basically i was lazy!! It was soon good but I really felt it on the stomach. It was sore afterwards, had to lie down on sofa moaning about my stuffed belly! I can't believe just 2/3 weeks ago I had the same amount and didn't feel it touch the sides!!

We need to treat our selves once in a while otherwise we are just depriving ourselves therefore more likely to binge eat, so I'm not concerned about it too much. Plus I cheeky weighed yesterday and I'd lost 2lbs since Tuesday so not bad. Properly not the case now that takeaway has probably found its way to my thighs :-D

All we can do is our best so keep slimming girls! Xx

Hello ladies

Hope you don't mind me joining in, been reading your posts, you have all been doing well and bein really supportive of each other , just what I need.
I'm on day 5 started on Monday at 15st 4lbs, that's the biggest I've been in a few years,

Been on it today after going out yesterday for lunch (it was way off plan)

My daughters off school on holidays just now so been trying not to eat but doing half day at work so starting at 2pm that will keep me out the kitchen till 6 haha

Xx

Welcome fluttershy, good luck with first weigh in! It's so much easier to diet while at work isn't it lol! Well I say that, until my work is quiet then I end up really wanting crisps or a bowl of chips (I work in a pub/restaurant)
Tonight will be tricky, the Valentine's menu looks divine, I'll be salivating all night!! X

Back