anything goes now in this post

was discharged last night and am in a lot of pain (thats me putting it mildly)

The surgeon came round again and told me that i am going to have to go back in 6 weeks for an operation where they will remove my glands from my underarms and breasts. They won't do all four at once but do one at a time and that after each operation i should expect to be in hospital for anything from 1 week plus and the recovery time to be expected will be roughly 6 to 8 weeks.

Ive been reading a bit on the procedure and from what i can gather I am going to be in complete and utter agony and screaming pain. None of which I'm looking forward to but in one respect I am excited as i won't have to endure any more operations or infections after this has been done.

Oh and the reason why I had to stop taking Xenical is because i was hooked up to a couple of bags via IV. I haven't gone back to taking Xenical yet but I will be back on them in about a week's time.

Went to Doctor's surgery today to have the dressing changed and i good as screamed the surgery down. The Nurse was trying her best to be as gentle as possible, which she was when it came to taking the dressing off and taking the packing out. But when it came to packing the open wound up i was biting onto my top and screaming, she kept stopping until i told/ snapped at her to continue re-dressing and to ignore me and try and talk to me about anything else but what she was doing. Well Nurse was really great and had the patience of a saint plus we had a giggle afterwards, I just hope I don't react in the same way tomorrow and really want this problem to be history.

it is and am just wanting to try and find someone who has been in a similar situation as to what I'm going through and about to go through, just so i can mentally prepare myself for the worst. The truth is I'm scared of how I'm going to be and how it's going to affect my two little side kicks (son and daughter)

Well I've got my b/f round the corner who helps alot already and there's my ex who also helps a lot with the kids even after losing his partner not so long ago and on top of all of that I've got my fella's parents, friends and my parents including the rest of the clan. Just wish there was one of them who knew how to wash up properly.
I feel very lucky that I've a strong family (blood related and non blood related) who all do what they can for the biggest fuss pot going 'me'. I just feel really pathetic and useless as I'm not able to do the simplest of things/ chores myself which is incredibly frustrating. Hope in about a years time I'm healed in that department and only have arthritis to deal with.
For the past few days I've been making sure I eat sensibly as I'm going to need to lose as much weight as I can before surgery oh and I'll end up having smaller breasts which I'm chuffed with (no need to fork out on smaller boobs) as my boobs are between a DD and E cup which I hate. They blow up from a C/ D cup when I had my Son, so can't wait for that.

Am still surprised that my weight had gone down to 15.7st from 16.9 so I just hope I can lose a stone and a half before my big op.

How are all of you getting on and do you have any stories to share including shopping trips

So sorry to hear about the pain and what you still have to go through. On the plus side I'm delighted to hear what a strong support network there is around you and that you'll end up with a complimentary breast reduction!

Ooh I can't wait for the end result of a new/ old breast pair.... Aah fond memories of being bra free but that was before motherhood. Well can't complain I've two crazy kids who do have hearts of gold and caring so I must complain too much - that's just between us on here shhh

Got to go see Nurse at 17:30 to get dressing changed. Just wish I had a ball gag or a sound proof pillow. Hope I don't scream

Hi 78storm and everyone
Well I'm still having my dressing changed and stuffed. I've been told that it's healing nicely and will probably need to have it dressed for another week to two weeks. Yesterday I received a appointment letter from the Northwick Pk Hosp Surgeon who I'll be seeing on the 6th of Sept to go over what will be happening as well as finding out when the first operation will be taking place. Am feeling a tad nervous and am trying to joke about it but am still a bit concerned. I did have a one to one chat with my 7yr old son who is worried. I think it does have alot to do with my Nan passing away February 2011 and his Step Mum dying in the middle of an operation. I've told him that my op isn't as extreme as to what his Step Mum's was. Not too sure what else I can say but have tried explaining to him what they will be doing. My eldest is okay with it and has told me that I shouldn't worry about them and that she will have a chat with our little man.
Any suggestions aswell as how are you all getting on with Xen/ weight-loss journey

Glad to know you're ok and the battle scars are healing well. Sorry I can't help with what to say to your children but edited honesty is usually best as inevitably they'll hear things from being around you or others and at least then they (hopefully) won't have any big surprises.

Xen's still going ok but I need to increase my exercise which I've not wanted to do in this heat we've been having.

Oh I know this heat has been a bit overbearing but yesturday's rain it was a must have. Have you tried swimming, as that is one form of exercise where you work every part of your body and a burn fair bit of stored fuel but there is also the other which I won't spell out (hint 'other half')

but there is also the other which I won't spell out (hint 'other half')

LOL, shall I show him this thread?

I'm mainly walking at the moment as I resigned my gym membership at New Year, having been a member for 10 years and gained c.50Kg in the time it seems paying the extortionate membership fee doesn't actually get you any fitter! When I worked in an office on the same site I used to go twice a day (still gained weight though) and carried on but more and more occasionally!

I'm enjoying the walking, last year I walked a large part of the Grand Union Canal towpath which was really interesting and I'd like to lose enough weight to get a bike (without worrying if it will buckle under me) and cycle, also my OH kayak's and I did as a child so again once I can fit comfortably in a boat it would be good to paddle with him.

I've looked at some of the local swimming pools and intend to try them out, without a membership I can try them all to find the nicest! When I'm fit I swim a mile without a second thought so it has to be a decent pool for lengths.

Aah that sounds like a lovely walk. And yes do show him the message as it will do both of you good :)

It was great walking, I'd park the car & then get dropped off or take the train to fit in c. 10 miles each time. I don't like having to go back the same way when I walk so the car being at the end mean I had to keep going.

Back