APRIL CHALLENGE!

x x great advice once again Kay, you are a real inspiration!! Yes quite right re why i'm having more than my fair share, (going through counselling at moment to try & address that too).

I'm actually looking forward to starting on Wednesday, but that's usually me all over, full of enthusiasm to start then soon goes!, but will do my very best to keep hold of it this time. Good to hear that my goal sounds achievable.

I do hope you get plenty of support yourself as you give so much back. Your photos were another great help. You are doing fantastically x x

Hey Ms August! Good luck. Try finding yourself a hobby to distract you. For me it's my computer (as you can probably tell by the number of posts I make hehe).

Good luck. 2 stones will melt away quite fast if you stick to it. :)

Hi there.........sorry in advance for long post!

This is the first time I've ever joined a forum, (i'm not even on facebook, twitter or on anything else), but i really struggle with willpower & starting my second attempt with lipotrim on Wednesday 17th, (first attempt 6 months ago & managed about 3 days or so & managed to put on nearly another stone since then!!), so thought would really help & do me good to have direct support from the forum as I'd been a guest before.

I would love to lose 3st 5ib, if possible as much of it by 8th August (this year!). I understand this would be achievable for most people, but for me to even lose couple of pounds is difficult & I feel even more shameful when I read so many posts & a lot of you are achieving at least double that. I'm the sort that would soon start making excuses not to go for weekly chemist weigh in visits, i even have to push myself to attend my counselling appointments, let alone getting dressed being another big hurdle for me at times.

A lot of personal stuff going on for while now, but I know it's also about breaking the vicious cycle & more problems are just being added by my comfort eating & drinking! So really hoping to sort it out this time round.

Anyway, sorry to go on, just hoping if anyone may have time to tell me any similar success situations? or tips for staying focused & motivated & managing to stick at it long enough to reach my goal? (apart from putting me in an induced coma for next 4 months!!). I'm 43 & last time I reached my goal weight was over 20 years ago & not been able to do it since.

I'm quite a private person & don't like discussing my weight/diet with friends & family, hence why I find it even more difficult at a few meals out have over next couple of months, let alone my birthday middle of next month, I would just feel so deprived at missing out, unless came off it just for those odd occasions?? I know then hard getting back on to, but I just don't know how to cope & what to do for best, I'm no use at sticking to other diets either where you can eat food all the time, so this seemed the best option for me.
Any help/advice would be more than gratefully received.

Thanks for reading this far!! X :)

Try & have a good Monday everyone x x

Hey Ms August! Good luck. Try finding yourself a hobby to distract you. For me it's my computer (as you can probably tell by the number of posts I make hehe).

Good luck. 2 stones will melt away quite fast if you stick to it. :)

Hi and!

Thank you so much for your message, it really cheered me up & helps with my sluggish motivation! Your right I do need to find myself a hobby.

I have approx 3st 5ib to get off to make me feel better, do you think that should melt away too? Would be great as I've been hanging onto it for a long time!

thanks again & best of luck for you :)))

Hey again Ms August. You aren't alone in how you feel.

First - please try to stop feeling ashamed if you mess up. This is my... erm... 6th or 7th time on LT. I keep yo-yoing between 11st and 12st... Really annoying. All anyone can do is keep trying. The very first time I did LT I dropped from just under 14st to just over 12st and thankfully that's stayed off but the rest of the attempts haven't been permanently successful.

I don't know if you can see my signature? But if you can you'll see I did LT for 5 weeks then had a refeed week, a week off then went back to it for 4-5 weeks. Now I am refeeding again, having 3-4 weeks off and will go back. That way I feel I can force myself to do it for longer AND I can fit in a few social events too.

Losing the weight won't make your problems go away but it is nice to catch your reflection and not think OMG, yeuch. It's also great to be able to try a wider range of clothes on without feeling ridiculous! It's one less thing to stress you out and it's nice not feeling like a blob!

Be prepared to feel crappy for the first few days! I always have a takeaway curry the night before day #1 as it keeps me full for the whole first day. And drink your water like it's your new religion! :)

Great that you're having counselling!! It's taken me quite some time to come to terms with my overeating and taking responsibility for it. Always much easier for it to have been caused by someone/something else other than me and it's really worth getting to the bottom of things so you can deal with it and learn to do things differently in the future. You've got lots of support on here and it does make all the difference to help you to keep going. First 3 days are likely to be uncomfortable but gets easier and make sure you're drinking lots of water, in fact, I'd start upping water intake now if you can x x x

Hey again Ms August. You aren't alone in how you feel.

First - please try to stop feeling ashamed if you mess up. This is my... erm... 6th or 7th time on LT. I keep yo-yoing between 11st and 12st... Really annoying. All anyone can do is keep trying. The very first time I did LT I dropped from just under 14st to just over 12st and thankfully that's stayed off but the rest of the attempts haven't been permanently successful.

I don't know if you can see my signature? But if you can you'll see I did LT for 5 weeks then had a refeed week, a week off then went back to it for 4-5 weeks. Now I am refeeding again, having 3-4 weeks off and will go back. That way I feel I can force myself to do it for longer AND I can fit in a few social events too.

Losing the weight won't make your problems go away but it is nice to catch your reflection and not think OMG, yeuch. It's also great to be able to try a wider range of clothes on without feeling ridiculous! It's one less thing to stress you out and it's nice not feeling like a blob!

Be prepared to feel crappy for the first few days! I always have a takeaway curry the night before day #1 as it keeps me full for the whole first day. And drink your water like it's your new religion! :)

Hey and - thank you again. Great re take away & like the saying about drinking water too!

Yes I read your weekly diary & saw re feeding, which is great idea.

I have my first party to go to on 28th April, I know not great as I only start on 17th April! It's my 3yr old nieces birthday lunch of lasagne & wedges, cake & champagne with all the family & I was looking forward to it & don't want to be drawing attention to myself by not having same as everyone else & feeling left out as I would the prob go & eat the rest of week & ruin it all! So thought at least I'd have 11 days on LT & will lose some weight by then & not dread feeling too fat around all the family or trying to make excuse not to go.

Oh being overweight isn't half tough isn't it. Yes re problems not go away & right about me not adding to them any longer, with me its avoiding going out - even for a walk! Hoping friends don't invite me out or family! & hoping it won't go above 10 degrees outside, everyone thinks I'm strange how I've enjoyed the long cold winter.....I should have been a tortoise, if there was a box big enough for me to hibernate in ha ha! Will also be nice not to have to squeeze into clothes & being out of breath all the time, as i know its my lack of fitness & isn't always my asthma! :)

August - don't do the diet for 11 days then binge on booze and pasta. You must refeed or you'll just put the weight back on.
Alcohol can be dangerous when you're in ketosis too. If you're going to eat then stick to protein - eggs, lean meat, fish or quorn and try to avoid the booze!
You could tell everyone you're feeling sick and you've lost your appetite maybe if you don't want to tell them the truth?

Thanks and,
realise that was foolish to think of me doing that when put that way, thanks for sensible reply. I'll get thinking too. I had even read the info about ketosis & alcohol, so beyond me why I thought wouldn't affect or apply to me. Crazy isn't it :)

You want to make sure that you're safe doing this August!! x x x

Just been for WI and lost 1.3kg = just under 3lbs :)

That's fantastic Kay!! :)

You must be so busy keeping all us on track, surprised if u have time to even stop & make your shakes!!! So keep up with all your support & advice, it's working for you!

Will be Monday again next week before u know it, look forward to hearing how you do next Monday too, second but last one left in April. Keep on going just doing fab x x

Hehe don't you worry August, I MAKE TIME (Miss Piggy voice :)) for my shakes :) ... although I only had my last one yesterday at midnight ;) Only need to lose 1 more pound to have cracked 7.5stone and I was hoping to do it today. Something to look forward to for next week :)

Wow, 1lb off 7.5stone, it's wanting you to work for that pound till next week, each & everyone of them matters alright.

That does sound like a midnight feast with a difference ha ha:)

Just been for WI and lost 1.3kg = just under 3lbs :)

Kay, Every time I see your stats I am blown away!

You are my lipo hero:D

I can't work out if Kay is amazing... or crazy. ;)

6 months of only eating slop... How is that even possible?! I really wish I had that willpower! :)

Back